How to put an image in a character's bio?

Lord_Tarly

11 hours ago, Lord_Tarly said:

Hey guys,

I would like to know how we put an image in any page on the wiki. I've tried to do so, but I've never managed to success. Can anyone help me?

thank you

You write down the following (using an image from Eddard Stark's page as a  example) at the location on the page where the image should be:

[[File:Ned & Ice.jpg|thumb|350px|Eddard with Ice in the [[godswood of Winterfell]] - by Michael Komarck ©]]

The first entry is the name of the file, the second the size in px, the third the description that comes below the image.

It is also possible to add behind that "|right" or "|left" to indicate which side of the page the image should be on.

For the character Infobox, the template has a variable called "image". There, you write down the between the brackets [[ ]] File:name of your image|size in px

Let me know if this helps!

2 hours ago, Lord_Tarly said:

Ok, but what do you do if you don't have any image on the Wiki and you need to create one page to store images there and to pick them there if you need to use them in a character bio, because there aren't any?

Using "upload file", you upload a new image, after getting permission from the artist. Each image gets a page of its own. You select the file,  fill in the template with the image's details, and add categories that apply so others can find the image.

To uploas images and edit pages, you need an account on the wiki. Do you have an account on the wiki? If not, you first have to register.

Archived