What was wrong with Maegor’s private’s?

Varysblackfyre321

Only death can pay for life gets very extensive treatment in the series and this may be yet another of the many variations. Sometimes death is not so literal, but may come as the inability to create life, the inability to raise one's own children, or the death of one's children or line.

Mirri was around 40 and childless and she says she paid a great price for what she learned. In the Dothraki, the barren and eunuchs (can't give life) are healers (save lives). Maesters and Silent Sisters (healers of the dead) are the same. The NW and KG who are responsible for lives of the kingdom and the king's family have no kids (or at least any they can acknowledge or raise). Dany gets dragons and her child and fertility are the price. I'm guessing that her fertility may return only as her dragons die and thus her connection to magic weakens. Bran loses fertility by becoming paralyzed and in turn gets the attention of the 3EC. I don't think it's any coincidence that as Cersei becomes more entangled in dark stuff via Qyburn, she has the Valonqar prophesy looming. There's more to be found...

Both Alys Harroway and Jeyne Westerling gave birth to monstrous babies of Maegor, with the red headed claimant who said he was Maegor's son I am thinking if Elinor Costayne gave birth to a posthumous baby? I don't believe Visenya using magic to conceive Maegor but I do think his coma did change him for the worse.  

My tinfoil is that Maegor died after being comatose after the trial and was brought back by Tyanna of the Tower. Revenants are probably incapable of reproducing and so

Spoiler

Tyanna was telling the truth about being responsible for the monstrous stillbirths, but probably not in the way that Maegor thought.

15 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Why the difficulty in being able to do so to other women? 

Though supremely bad-assed and a brute with a sword
Who could beat the men mano-a-mano
It seems that good Maegor could not get it up
Except with Alyssa Milano

On 11/28/2018 at 8:38 AM, Lord Lannister said:

Sometimes people just have bad genes and can't reproduce.

I'm for this one. Also, possibly this one:

20 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

Sabotage by the Maesters

I base my conviction on the idea that George RR has tended to use magic sparingly. It's not the all-around get out of jail free card, deus ex machina, plot resolver that's so typical in fantasy. Also, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Maegor's healing after the blow to the head cannot really have had any effect on his fertility considering that neither Ceryse nor Alys nor Tyanna (nor any other of the other women he may have had in addition to his three two wives and one paramour up until 42 AC) got pregnant by him - and it isn't even clear Alys Harroway's freak child was Maegor's seed.

Considering there is no difference in character nor any sign the man was a Beric or Cat like creature, giving any indication he was, you know, a zombie, chances are not that great the man was actually killed.

But Tyanna may very well have used magic to heal him.

Maegor was antisocial and was unlikely to be nice or lavish the mothers' of his bastards. The archsepton couldve given him Ceryse knowing she was barren. Ceryse and him were perhaps the worse match possible.  Tyanna poisoned most of his wives and the women he was having flings with. 

What we know about Maegor suggest there were a lot of forces against him having kids. Dont be surprised if there werent more maesters giving out fertility treatments which were abortificants. No women from Lys or Volantis were flinging themselves on him either. 

From the beginning, it seemed Maegor was more concerned about his reputation of being sterile than actually having kids.

11 hours ago, lysmonger said:

Maegor was antisocial and was unlikely to be nice or lavish the mothers' of his bastards. The archsepton couldve given him Ceryse knowing she was barren. Ceryse and him were perhaps the worse match possible.  Tyanna poisoned most of his wives and the women he was having flings with. 

What we know about Maegor suggest there were a lot of forces against him having kids. Dont be surprised if there werent more maesters giving out fertility treatments which were abortificants. No women from Lys or Volantis were flinging themselves on him either. 

From the beginning, it seemed Maegor was more concerned about his reputation of being sterile than actually having kids.

We learn in passing in FaB that Maegor had a harem of lowborn mistresses and paramours in addition to his queens, and there is no acknowledged bastard from them as well. He had severe fertility issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived