Lord Varys

[spoiler] Larys Strong

2 minutes ago, The Grey Wolf said:

@Lord Varys

Wrong. Gwayne was second-in-command.

Oh, right, I always confuse these two.

But it still seems that the commander of the City Watch no longer had a regular seat on the council in Viserys I's and Aegon II's days.

Edited by Lord Varys

Larys definetly knew Daemon and Mysaria knew all the hidden passages in the  Red Keep. 

In his own way, I believe he felt by killing Breakbones he was protecting  Rhaenyra's kids and appeasing Alicent Hightower. When Aemond had his eye cut out, Viserys didn't  punish Luke at all. Instead, Aegon and Aemond were chided  about calling the Strongs bastards. Larys knew to keep the peace, most of his family had to die and go away. 

On 11/28/2018 at 3:41 PM, Lord Varys said:

Does anybody understand this guy?

I just hope the other Lord Varys gets a motivation that's more transparent than - 'well, we have no real idea why he did what he did.'

I think that gets right to the heart of it. One of the most striking things about F+B for me was the feeling of recognition and similarity with current characters and situations.

Two people so deep in the game their truths may never known?

Edited by hiemal

Larys Strong might just have been one of those people, like Charles (the Bad) of Navarre, or Jonadab, who enjoy intrigue and shit-stirring for their own sakes.

My impression is that Larys was Daemon's man the whole time.

IMHO, Daemon's ultimate goal was the IT, for him... Or for his own children. To achieve this after his failure to do so in his younger years, he needed Rhaenyra because he could marry her (and become King consort at least) and have legitimate heirs but he also had to keep the chaos alive so that the older children of Rhaenyra would be taken out of the equation. Varys saw to that for him: in the end, Daemon's line is on the throne.

Guy was a mystery if Dance was ever done in a POV so want to hear what others thought of him. He single handedly saved the greens and doomed them at the same time.