Predicting the Future of Characters

norwaywolf123

9 hours ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

If Justin Massey ends up in Braavos, I think he'll return with Arya to Westeros. I think he is going to know who she is. I'm really curious to see what in the hell happened to House Massey that he has no lands or castle anymore. Does it go back to the fall of the Targaryens or is it a more recent thing?

It may be that a cousin of Justin Massey has supplanted him. This cousin might have done so by bending the knee to king Joffrey.

Massey has no lands because he sided with Stannis. Same as the rest of Stannis' lords and knights.

People also seem to be confused about Massey. Unless Tycho travelled in the Iron Bank's invisible armoured truck Massey won't have any actual gold, he will have credit with the Iron Bank on behalf of Stannis. Cashing in that credit to buy a plush mansion in Pentos doesn't seem very likely or safe. The Iron Bank will have its due

On 11/30/2018 at 7:02 PM, norwaywolf123 said:

What do you think is the future of the characters below. I added somewhat minor characters i think will play important roles in the coming books.

• Justin Massey will go to Esssos and learn about the Dragon Queen.  He will see the light, repent for supporting Stannis, and swear fealty to her.  
  • Asha Greyjoy will fight her uncle and become the first female leader of the Ironborn.  She can stay and become a wight or go east with her remaining fleet.
  • Aurane Waters will fight Euron and die at sea.
  • Lancel Lannister will become a wight.
  • Shadrich "the Mad Mouse" will become a wight.
  • High Sparrow - wight
  • Sybelle Spicer nee Westerling -wight
  • Edric Storm - joins a company of sellswords.
  • Nymeria Sand - wight
  • Tyene Sand - wight
  • Daven Lannister - wight
  • Lothar Frey -wight
  • "Black" Walder Frey - wight

You can add other characters if you'd like.

Just about everybody in Westeros will become wights.  

Justin, Aurane, Lothar, and Asha are sort of interesting.

Justin doesn't have PayPal nor Western Union.  He will have to have actual gold to pay the mercenaries.  And they are loyal to the person with the gold.  He will cross Stannis and use the gold for his own ambitions.  Why fight when you can buy your way to a lordship.  Stannis is dead.  His ally at the wall was killed for treason.  It's time to cut his loses. He gets his lordship.

Aurane can't avoid the ironborn.  There is going to be a battle.  But don't count this guy out.  He might have something up his sleeve to beat Euron.

Asha will call a kingsmoot and win.  The Iron islands will fall to the Others and they will die.

Everyone else on that list will become pillars of ice.

The most interesting people are in Slaver's Bay.  I would add the following to the list.

Hizdahr will witness a miracle from Daenerys.  He will go on a quick redemption arc and give up slavery.  He will champion freedom.

Victarion will witness the same miracle from Daenerys and pledge the iron fleet to serve her.  He has done a lot of bad things but finds redemption in her service.

Xaro will die in the Battle of Fire.

Jorah will find his way back in Daenerys' service.

Brown Ben will get burned for his treason.

Belwas recovers from the poison.  He goes on a low carb diet and becomes a lean, mean, fighting machine. 

Edric Storm is killed by bounty hunters hoping for a Lannister reward.

Jaqen and his entire cult get roasted by Benerro and his followers. 

Penny marries Tyrion.

4 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

The most interesting people are in Slaver's Bay.  I would add the following to the list.

indeed they are very interesting, as are your predictions.

here are mine:

Hizdahr - Will be freed after tyrion convinces barristan and/or Victarion, that skahaz is the traitor.

victarion - Win the battle of fire and will take over meereen till dany arrives, he might play with the thought to kill hizdahr, to get Dany out of wedlock, but he wont do it.

Xaro - will die sooner or later, might be in the battle of fire

Jorah - will be the bridge between Victarion, Tyrion and maybe Barristan (until he dies)

Brown Ben - will be manipultated by tyrion and jorah, who threat him to tell dany that his treason was real

Belwas - dies from the poison

Penny - will try to kill tyrion, who will be saved by either jorah or victarion, i hope for the latter, Tyrion and Victarion would be an interesting and entertaining couple.

Some i would like to add:

Daario - will be freed by the second sons, after the battle he has problems to get along with victarion and tyrion, who blame him for a crime to get rid of him.

Hero (Unsullied prisoner) - catapulted into the battle by the yunkaii

Jhogo - Dies while the second sons try to free him and daario

Barristan - will win the battle of fire thanks to victarion, but will suffer great injuries and die soon after

Aurane Waters vs. Euron Greyjoy

or

Asha Greyjoy vs. Euron Greyjoy

It's a contest of seamanship.  Please don't say the Ironborn are invincible at sea.  They have been beaten before.  Which sea battle do you wish to see between these?

Aurane and Euron might fight.  I am sure Asha will fight Euron.  There will be a civil war among the ironborn soon.

Daario - Never really captured, He is one of the Harpies. (were repeatedly told sellswords are only loyal to gold)

Hizdahr - Tyrion going to use him to work out an arrangement, probably end up dying cause of it

Dany - Going to take over the khalasar at Vaes Dothrak (I think this is Melisandre's vision of the two towers submerged beneath a black and bloody tide. Ser Jorah says when the Dothraki sea blooms it looks like a sea of Blood, the two towers possibly being the two stallions)

Victarion - He's going to find out about (TWoW spoiler) and head back to Westeros, after the battle in slavers bay.

Spoiler

Not sure if this has a TWoW spoiler but better to be safe. He's going to find out the Euron has the Damphair and is going to try to save him. I can see Asha brokering a deal between Stannis and Victarion.

20 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Hizdahr is murdered by Victarion. He reveals the identity of the Harpy in his dying moments.

Victarion arrives just in time to save Barristan's forces from being crushed in the Battle of Fire. He kills Hizdahr and then is assassinated by the Sons of the Harpy.

Xaro will die in the Battle of Fire, probably killed by ironborn.

Jorah never gets back to Danaerys. He rides out to search for her and is eaten by Drogon.

Brown Ben escapes and buys a palace in Tyrosh. He dies a very rich man.

Belwas recovers from the poison and leads the main counterattack against the Qartheen armies at the Battle of Fire.

The House of Black and White follows the same path as Pyat Pree's warlocks: destroyed by Danaerys. 

Penny hangs around with Tyrion, but there is no romantic attachment.

The Green Grace is revealed to by the Harpy and is killed by Grey Worm.

Grey Worm kills the Harpy and starts a sellsword company with his Unsullied.

Barristan is killed in the Battle of Fire.

The Shavepate becomes the king of Meereen after Barristan and the Green Grace die. He throws all of Danaerys' supporters out of the city, but is killed himself by Qartheen warlocks.

anyone think Justin Massey will become Arya's contracted target for whatever reason? Maybe Littlefinger wants those sellswords for himself or something. That could be the catalyst for Arya leaving them and going her own way. 

5 hours ago, Mooncalf said:

anyone think Justin Massey will become Arya's contracted target for whatever reason? Maybe Littlefinger wants those sellswords for himself or something. That could be the catalyst for Arya leaving them and going her own way. 

Nope. 

If anyone in that party is going to be a catalyst for Arya's departure, it is likely to be Jeyne Poole.  She can fill Arya in events in Westeros, including the North's desire for a Stark, any Stark, and whatever she may have learned while with LF or the Boltons.

I replied to a similar survey two weeks ago.

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/152456-end-game-predictions-for-all-the-characters/&tab=comments#comment-8259564

You should come straight to the point and just ask people what kind of end games they want for =>

On 11/30/2018 at 7:02 PM, norwaywolf123 said:
  • Justin Massey
  • Asha Greyjoy
  • Aurane Waters
  • Lancel Lannister
  • Shadrich "the Mad Mouse"
  • High Sparrow - To me the High Sparrow it seems like he will resemble Pope Gregor. Like Pope Gregor the High Sparrow will attempt to put the church over secular(in this case feudal) authorities.
  • Sybelle Spicer nee Westerling - I think she will turn on her brother Rolph. Sybell will also secure a Lannister marriage for Jeyne.
  • Edric Storm - Will become lord of House Baratheon
  • Nymeria Sand
  • Tyene Sand - Will try to undermine the Faith of the Seven, which will lead to her death. Allthough she will to some extent undermine the Faith and/or some members of the Faith before she dies.
  • Daven Lannister
  • Lothar Frey
  • "Black" Walder Frey

I love predictions as much as the next guy but the honest to goodness truth is these third-tier characters are the sailboats getting pushed along by the winds of the main characters.   In general fashion, the ones who pursue revenge will not have happy endings.  I can also see the reasoning behind the posters who believe (or wish) the majority of these people will get turned by the Others.  That's an easy one to predict.  I can't rightly see Lothar and Walder vacating their castle to run to Pentos.  The land and the castle are precious to a nobleman.  They're going to end up wighted.  The Martells are safe as long as the winter stays north of Dorne.   The Ironborn are already in a civil war.  Justin Massey is like the boy carrying the gold in "Rob Roy."  Something is bound to go wrong.  

On 12/1/2018 at 2:02 AM, norwaywolf123 said:

What do you think is the future of the characters below. I added somewhat minor characters i think will play important roles in the coming books.

• Justin Massey
  • Asha Greyjoy
  • Aurane Waters
  • Lancel Lannister
  • Shadrich "the Mad Mouse"
  • High Sparrow - To me the High Sparrow it seems like he will resemble Pope Gregor. Like Pope Gregor the High Sparrow will attempt to put the church over secular(in this case feudal) authorities.
  • Sybelle Spicer nee Westerling - I think she will turn on her brother Rolph. Sybell will also secure a Lannister marriage for Jeyne.
  • Edric Storm - Will become lord of House Baratheon
  • Nymeria Sand
  • Tyene Sand - Will try to undermine the Faith of the Seven, which will lead to her death. Allthough she will to some extent undermine the Faith and/or some members of the Faith before she dies.
  • Daven Lannister
  • Lothar Frey
  • "Black" Walder Frey

You can add other characters if you'd like.

Interesting choices. 

Justin Massey - I do see him trying to get out of his assignment. If he finds himself in Essos after news of Stannis's death he is more likely to join a free company than hire one. 

Asha Greyjoy - even odds on her surviving the Battle of Ice or dying horribly at Ramsay's hands. If she survives I expect wacky adventures involving Dagmer Cleftjaw, the Mormons and the Reeds.

Aurane Waters - join Aegon for legitimacy and Driftmark or Dragonstone.

Lancel Lannister - not a clue. 

High Sparrow - join Aegon's Council and lead the faithful into holy war.

Sybelle Spicer - not a clue.

Shadrich - blackmail LF about revealing Sansa's identity, or joining forces with Lynn Corbray to kidnap her and ransom her back to LF. Possibly both.

Edric Storm - possibly not show up again. 

Nymeria Sand - falling into Qyburn's hands and fueling sir Robert Strong. 

Tyenne Sand - infiltrating Maegor's Holdfast as one of the Septa's attending Cersei and poisons Tommen, paving the way for the fall of King's Landing to Aegon and his new queen Arianne. 

Daven Lannister - assassinated by the BwB. 

Lothar Frey - the Frey's answer to Littlefinger is one of the more likely candidates of surviving the internecine slaughter that will be the Frey succession. But odds are not good on any of the Frey's. 

Black Walder - kills Edmyn (?) but dies in BwB ambush. 

• Justin Massey - Will probably bring a ton of sellswords in time to aid either Jon or Stannis, depending on which of them is leading the cause in the North after the Boltons have been defeated.
  • Asha Greyjoy - will become either the new Lady Paramount of the Iron Islands or the power-behind-the-throne after Theon becomes the new Lord Paramount.
  • Aurane Waters - No, idea. I expect him to raise some hell and maybe hell out Danaerys but I don't know more than that. I wouldn't be suprised if the presented the same naval support to Danaerys than the Velaryons of old have provided for the Targaryens.
  • Lancel Lannister - Will die a pointless death for the High Sparrow.
  • Shadrich "the Mad Mouse" - No idea.
  • High Sparrow - Get horribly killed by Aegon or Danaerys as he seems to be to be made of the same material as the Faith was in during the war with Maegor.
  • Sybelle Spicer nee Westerling - No idea but she will probably die horribly.
  • Edric Storm - Depends on but I don't think that he'll play a significant part in the story to come, so he'll probably just fade away.
  • Nymeria Sand - Will probably agitate for lots fo violent revenge on the Lannisters and Baratheons and end up killed by Danaerys after she goes to far.
  • Tyene Sand - I can see her making it to the end, or the Faith will get wise on her and kill her after she has caused some chaos
  • Daven Lannister - Gets killed by Lady Stoneheart
  • Lothar Frey - Killed by Arya or Lady Stoneheart
  • "Black" Walder Frey - Will probably thin out House Frey and then get killed by Arya or Lady Stoneheart. I could see him trying to ally himself with whoever topples the Baratheons and Lannisters from King's Landing, but get turned down and so end isolated and with enemies on all sides closing in when he dies.

6 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Too many here are predicting the end of the Freys.  It's not happening.  They're many and smart

they won't end, but some branches will.

either they are killed or have to go to the wall.

i'm looking at the Lannister-Freys, the Lydden-Freys, the Blackwood-Freys and the Main branch.

the Rosby-Freys, Waynwood-Freys and Crakehall-Freys will dominate in the end i guess

On 12/3/2018 at 8:25 PM, kleevedge said:

Daario - Never really captured, He is one of the Harpies. (were repeatedly told sellswords are only loyal to gold)

Hizdahr - Tyrion going to use him to work out an arrangement, probably end up dying cause of it

Dany - Going to take over the khalasar at Vaes Dothrak (I think this is Melisandre's vision of the two towers submerged beneath a black and bloody tide. Ser Jorah says when the Dothraki sea blooms it looks like a sea of Blood, the two towers possibly being the two stallions)

Victarion - He's going to find out about (TWoW spoiler) and head back to Westeros, after the battle in slavers bay.

Reveal hidden contents

Not sure if this has a TWoW spoiler but better to be safe. He's going to find out the Euron has the Damphair and is going to try to save him. I can see Asha brokering a deal between Stannis and Victarion.

Poor Daario will be trebuchet ammo.  I hope not but the Yunkai is not shy about air mailing people with their trebuchets.  Cruel bastards.  I like Daario.  

16 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Too many here are predicting the end of the Freys.  It's not happening.  They're many and smart. 

I totally think its going to happen. The Freys are immorale, dishonorable and committed an unforgivable crime against the Starks. Total destruction is the only punishment there can be for them.

5 hours ago, Blue Falcon said:

I totally think its going to happen. The Freys are immorale, dishonorable and committed an unforgivable crime against the Starks. Total destruction is the only punishment there can be for them.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jaime_Frey

Jaime Frey is the third son of Ser Raymund Frey and Beony Beesbury, the twin of Tywin. He is a newborn babe.[2]

Archived