Predicting the Future of Characters

norwaywolf123

I used to see your point before but now I'm not sure I am supposed to feel empathy towards the Freys, be they involved with the Red Wedding or not.

But sure I can totally see from my personal view that Jaime Frey is innocent and I would like to see him not getting horribly killed by a bunch of savages with a hero complex.

10 hours ago, Blue Falcon said:

I totally think its going to happen. The Freys are immorale, dishonorable and committed an unforgivable crime against the Starks. Total destruction is the only punishment there can be for them.

I disagree.  The Freys destroyed a rebel house.  The Starks were in the act of not only rebellion but those sausage heads were planning to carve away half of Westeros for themselves.  That's unacceptable.

On 12/4/2018 at 12:09 PM, Mooncalf said:

anyone think Justin Massey will become Arya's contracted target for whatever reason? Maybe Littlefinger wants those sellswords for himself or something. That could be the catalyst for Arya leaving them and going her own way. 

Arya is freelancing.  She's out for revenge.  The faceless men will go after her like the honest brothers of the NW went after Jon. Jon and Arya are only ever loyal to the Starks.  They betrayed the many people who were counting on them.  Therefore, they will both have to be taken out. 

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, norwaywolf123 said:

• Justin Massey - No clue
  • Asha Greyjoy - Possibly doomed to be the surviving Greyjoy.  But in the meantime, someone may try to use her as a kingsblood human sacrifice.
  • Aurane Waters - He's up to no good, and will betray Cersei.  Otherwise, no clue.  
  • Lancel Lannister - Killed by Jaime, as per Lancel's dream.  
  • Shadrich "the Mad Mouse" - Not Howand, I think.  He is a red herring whose role is to be confused with Edric Dayne or Podrick Payne, or both.
  • High Sparrow - No clue, but his fate in the show seems about right.
  • Sybelle Spicer nee Westerling - She's a evil maegi.  Her goal is to obtain a kingsblood baby, and use if for dark magic.
  • Edric Storm -  Never made it to the Stepstones or Lys; was blown North, an inadvertent side effect of Mel's demon wind, and shipwrecked on Skagos, where he will wake the Skagos ("stone") dragon.
  • Nymeria Sand - Will kill people.
  • Tyene Sand - Will try to undermine the Faith of the Seven kill children, and succeed, which will lead to her death. 
  • Daven Lannister - The main surviving Lannister.
  • Lothar Frey - Will be one of many dead Freys
  • "Black" Walder Frey - Will be one of many dead Freys.

13 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

The Starks were in the act of not only rebellion but those sausage heads were planning to carve away half of Westeros for themselves.  That's unacceptable.

thats wrong since joffrey was neither a Targaryen nor a Baratheon he had no right to rule them, neither has tommen.

the act of subordination was made towards the Aegon I and his descendants ,so the targayen line, and later made towards Robert I and his descendants, so the Baratheon line.

a Lannister bastard has no right to rule over them nor over the riverlands.

2 minutes ago, Euron Lannister said:

thats wrong since joffrey was neither a Targaryen nor a Baratheon he had no right to rule them, neither has tommen.

the act of subordination was made towards the Aegon I and his descendants ,so the targayen line, and later made towards Robert I and his descendants, so the Baratheon line.

a Lannister bastard has no right to rule over them nor over the riverlands.

The north did not rebel and declare independence on the basis of Joff’s illegitimacy 

18 hours ago, Blue Falcon said:

I used to see your point before but now I'm not sure I am supposed to feel empathy towards the Freys, be they involved with the Red Wedding or not.

But sure I can totally see from my personal view that Jaime Frey is innocent and I would like to see him not getting horribly killed by a bunch of savages with a hero complex.

The Freys did plan, organize and perform the red wedding. It is understandable that people who lost their friends and families during the red wedding massacre, will not take it kindly. 

Assuming that sometime the Northerners and Freys somehow end up on the same side in a conflict, it not unreasonable to assume that many northerners will not be happy with the arrangment. Some northerners (,rivermen and others touched by the red wedding) will likely begrudgingly accept that they will not take revenge on the Freys. Still those may bully, mock and in general be uncooperative with Freys. Many northerners will while offically accepting the Freys as allies once again, unoffically sabotage and attack Freys. Other northerners will refuse to cooperate with any Freys. It will also be almost impossible to know which Frey is 'guily' and who is 'innocent'.

The Freys were stigmatised before the red wedding due to Walder's personality and the houses history(not a old noble house). The red wedding fallout will lead to even more stigma against the Freys. The marriage value of Freys may sink. Freys may get less prestigious roles in whatever alliance or organization they are in, than they would have before the red wedding.

I emphasize with both the Freys and the Northerners. Just because the Freys commited the red wedding massacre does not make me not emphasize with them. If a Northern host massacres the entire House Frey(including the babies like Jaime and Tywin), i will still emphasize with them. Does not mean that i support their actions.

1 hour ago, Euron Lannister said:

that doesn't matter, he was illegitimate, so Robbs crowning was rebellious

I never said Robb being crowned was not an act of rebellion. It was. It was just not on the basis of Joffrey being illegitimate. Nobody in Robb’s camp knew or seemed to suspect that at this stage. as far as the North knew Joff was Roberts son

On 11/30/2018 at 7:02 PM, norwaywolf123 said:

What do you think is the future of the characters below. I added somewhat minor characters i think will play important roles in the coming books.

• Justin Massey
  • Asha Greyjoy
  • Aurane Waters
  • Lancel Lannister
  • Shadrich "the Mad Mouse"
  • High Sparrow - To me the High Sparrow it seems like he will resemble Pope Gregor. Like Pope Gregor the High Sparrow will attempt to put the church over secular(in this case feudal) authorities.
  • Sybelle Spicer nee Westerling - I think she will turn on her brother Rolph. Sybell will also secure a Lannister marriage for Jeyne.
  • Edric Storm - Will become lord of House Baratheon
  • Nymeria Sand
  • Tyene Sand - Will try to undermine the Faith of the Seven, which will lead to her death. Allthough she will to some extent undermine the Faith and/or some members of the Faith before she dies.
  • Daven Lannister
  • Lothar Frey
  • "Black" Walder Frey

You can add other characters if you'd like.

Justin Massey will double-cross Stannis.  He goes over to Cersei and swears himself to Joffrey.  He takes the gold and Stannis is still responsible for paying it.

Asha, Aurane, and Theon will fight with Euron.  Theon will survive because he's the only interesting person in Westeros.  

Lancel, Shadrich, High Sparrow, Daven, Lothar, the Sand Snakes, and Black Walder will be killed by the Others.  Only a few will survive through the winter.  

The Starks will die and the ones who still have dogs will warg their animals.  They will be the last to die in the north.

Hizdarh, Daario, and Jhago will be executed by the harpies.  

Missandei, Greyworm, Belwas, Jorah, Brown Ben Plumm, Symon Stripeback, Tattered Prince, and the rest of the Targaryen army will accompany Daenerys Targaryen during her campaign against slavery.  

Tyrion will be executed for treason but not until the last book.  Penny will mourn him and move on.  

Victarion will die in Meereen.  

The Green Grace will be exposed.  Shes the harpy.  She gets executed for terrorism.  

This is out there but chances are good for Missandei to ride one of the dragons.  The third rider will be a Dothraki.  

16 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Great arguments, I’m comvinced 

I didn't make an argument, if someone wants one they can ask. I was aware of the Wineseller's dragging when I wrote that the scene could be the High Septon.

On 11/30/2018 at 7:02 PM, norwaywolf123 said:

What do you think is the future of the characters below. I added somewhat minor characters i think will play important roles in the coming books.

• Justin Massey will betray Stannis Baratheon.  That's what I think and want to happen.  He cashes in and takes his loot to Asshai.  
  • Asha Greyjoy will fight her uncle Euron in the Battle of Blood.  I hope she wins.
  • Aurane Waters is a mystery to me.  He might never appear again.  I want him to get involved in the Battle of Blood between the Greyjoys.
  • Lancel Lannister will continue to suppor the Faith and die in their service.  
  • Shadrich "the Mad Mouse" will rescue Robert Arryn from LF and Sansa's murderous plot.  
  • High Sparrow will defeat the Baratheons and the Lannisters.  His church will run King's Landing for a while until Aegon arrives and takes him down.  
  • Sybelle Spicer nee Westerling is not important enough to have an ending.  
  • Edric Storm will never be heard from again.  He's not important.  House Baratheon should die out.
  • Lothar Frey will rule House Frey
  • "Black" Walder Frey will be killed by Lothar.

You can add other characters if you'd like.

• Belwas will continue to guard Dany for many more years.
  • Missandei will grow up under Dany's protection.  Dany will take her back to Naath after she has won her war against the slavers and reconquered Westeros from the usurper's dogs.
  • Hizdahr will experience a moment of epiphany.  He will repent for his slaving ways and become the enemy of slavery.  
  • The Bloodriders will continue to guard Dany.
  • The handmaidens will continue to serve Dany everywhere she goes.
  • Aegon will marry Dany.  This will bind the two branches of House Targaryen.  

On 12/7/2018 at 12:35 PM, norwaywolf123 said:

The Freys did plan, organize and perform the red wedding. It is understandable that people who lost their friends and families during the red wedding massacre, will not take it kindly. 

Assuming that sometime the Northerners and Freys somehow end up on the same side in a conflict, it not unreasonable to assume that many northerners will not be happy with the arrangment. Some northerners (,rivermen and others touched by the red wedding) will likely begrudgingly accept that they will not take revenge on the Freys. Still those may bully, mock and in general be uncooperative with Freys. Many northerners will while offically accepting the Freys as allies once again, unoffically sabotage and attack Freys. Other northerners will refuse to cooperate with any Freys. It will also be almost impossible to know which Frey is 'guily' and who is 'innocent'.

The Freys were stigmatised before the red wedding due to Walder's personality and the houses history(not a old noble house). The red wedding fallout will lead to even more stigma against the Freys. The marriage value of Freys may sink. Freys may get less prestigious roles in whatever alliance or organization they are in, than they would have before the red wedding.

I emphasize with both the Freys and the Northerners. Just because the Freys commited the red wedding massacre does not make me not emphasize with them. If a Northern host massacres the entire House Frey(including the babies like Jaime and Tywin), i will still emphasize with them. Does not mean that i support their actions.

I'd like to agree but I don't think that's the morale of the story.

EDITED: Forget about it.

Archived