Realistic heights for the Stark characters

7 hours ago, Kal-L said:

Not so sure about that, I personally stopped growing around 15. I suspect that Robb and Jon should have mostly reached their final height by the time of ASOS, keep in mind that those two were never meant to be particularly tall. In AGOT, Joffrey who was barely 12 was taller than both Robb and Jon who were almost 15.

Stannis also towers over Jon Snow in ASOS.

Though one thing that puzzles me is that Robb is said to be shorter than Ice, but then by the end of the book his mother describes him as being a tall knight. Either he had a massive growth spurt or she’s not being literal.

On 12/1/2018 at 6:59 PM, Ser Dips A lot said:

I’ve seen a lot of variety and inconsistency on the Stark men character heights, and I wanted to share my thoughts on the matter and get some feedback.

Brandon Stark, Ned’s brother, was said to be tall and I sorta pictured him being in the 6’1-6’3 range tops. With that said I see Ned being slightly shorter. Based off that assumption, I conclude this:

Ned: 5’11-6’0

Benjen: 6’0

Robb: 6’1 when full grown

Jon: 6’0 when full grown

You see guys like the Karstark being referred to as big and fierce, and they have Stark blood. I don’t think that Jon and Robb are full grown when everyone is throwing around these 5’8 numbers. I kept growing in height into my late teens, early twenties so I’m certain that they were not done yet.

With Tully/Stark blood for Robb and Stark/Targaryen blood for Jon, I find it hard to believe these guys are as short as I see everyone assuming. Any thoughts?

Ned - 5'10"

Robb - 5'7"

Benjen - 5'10" or 5'11"

Jon - 5'8"

Arya - 4'

Archived