NFL 2018 V: The Packers Win With A Loss While The Cowboys Lose With A Win

Bronn Stone

I named the last one so I don't want to name this one.  First response that doesn't TOTALLY suck gets the title.

I've been waiting an hour for someone else to open a thread so I can chime in on the Packers situation.  If you think Aaron Rodgers is the problem, think on this.  He has a fairly big contract for many years.  But if Green Bay waived him, do you really think that he'd clear waivers?  I definitely do not.  Plenty of gas left in that tank.

Mr. Brady, on the other hand, may be running on fumes.  He's got good weapons, better than most recent years, but it just doesn't seem to be happening.  I don't think New England has the juice to hang with the big boys.

Some people in DC are talking about how the Redskins should sign Kaepernick instead of rolling with Mark Sanchez as the starter. 

The time to sign Kaepernick was two years ago when the team was looking to get leverage over Cousins for some reason.  Or last offseason, instead of trading away Washington's best cornerback and a 3rd round pick for 34 year old Alex Smith, a guy Kaep had already outplayed and replaced.  Or a month ago when Smith got hurt and Washington was still 6-4 with a real shot at the division and starting mediocre Colt McCoy and worse-than-mediocre Sanchez as a backup.  Now?  Fuck them.  They don't deserve Kaepernick.  Sign Kareem Hunt instead. 

54 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Some people in DC are talking about how the Redskins should sign Kaepernick instead of rolling with Mark Sanchez as the starter. 

The time to sign Kaepernick was two years ago when the team was looking to get leverage over Cousins for some reason.  Or last offseason, instead of trading away Washington's best cornerback and a 3rd round pick for 34 year old Alex Smith, a guy Kaep had already outplayed and replaced.  Or a month ago when Smith got hurt and Washington was still 6-4 with a real shot at the division and starting mediocre Colt McCoy and worse-than-mediocre Sanchez as a backup.  Now?  Fuck them.  They don't deserve Kaepernick.  Sign Kareem Hunt instead. 

I liked Kaep in SF and was a bit of an apologist when his game started to regress.  But he's been away for almost two full seasons now.  There's no way he could step in mid season and lead a team.  If its going to work for him again (I don't believe he'll ever make a roster again... but if he did) then he would definitely need a full off season and training camp and show a dedication to refining his craft that I never saw in San Francisco from him.

10 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I liked Kaep in SF and was a bit of an apologist when his game started to regress.  But he's been away for almost two full seasons now.  There's no way he could step in mid season and lead a team.  If its going to work for him again (I don't believe he'll ever make a roster again... but if he did) then he would definitely need a full off season and training camp and show a dedication to refining his craft that I never saw in San Francisco from him.

To be a good quarterback, yes.  To be better than Mark Sanchez?  I think he's definitely capable of doing that right now.  Washington claims they want to be a running team, and he could help the running game a great deal with his athleticism.

Sadly, I think you're right, I doubt we'll see Kaep take another NFL snap. 

37 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Prior to last night Colin Kaepernick had played more recently than Mark Sanchez. He will never play another NFL snap but this 'he's been away too long' stuff is bullshit. Before the season he had played more recently than Luck or Tannehill. Nobody was suggesting THEY hadn't played in so long they were worthless (well, Tannehill).

On 12/4/2018 at 12:19 PM, Jace, Basilissa said:

Prior to last night Colin Kaepernick had played more recently than Mark Sanchez. He will never play another NFL snap but this 'he's been away too long' stuff is bullshit. Before the season he had played more recently than Luck or Tannehill. Nobody was suggesting THEY hadn't played in so long they were worthless (well, Tannehill).

That's a damn good point, never realized they were away just as long, and there was never a whisper that they wouldn't be back. I didn't even know Sanchez was still in the league!  And how fucking fitting that Sanchez fumbles the ball to his butt in his first game back!

I don't think Keap would sign in Washington anyway. Would be pretty hypocritical of him to play for the racial slurs don't you think? Hell Washington could've saved face and offered him a low contract and he would've said no thanks.

Archived