NFL 2018 V: The Packers Win With A Loss While The Cowboys Lose With A Win

Bronn Stone

8 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Jace started Henry as the 4 seed in Westeros C. 

She's up against Mudguard, and she also eliminated Mudguard from the Experts playoff race with a 1 point win in her game last week (and got him Jaxomed too).  So yeah, this is reaching blood feud level conflict.  @Mudguard @Jace, Basilissa

Also Manhole Eunuchsbane started Henry as the 5 seed in Westeros B against Blu-ray.

Jace burned down Mudguard's home in Experts. And now salted the earth in W-C to prevent him from ever returning. With the most improbable players too...

Like all things Jace, we don't know the origins of why, but once again hell hath no fury like a pony queen scorned. 

5 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

Oh yeah, Henry is certainly going to be rostered and even starting in a lot of expanded roster FF leagues (but maybe not so much in standard leagues, etc.)  And Jace was heavily invested in Henry this season!  She must have borrowed Biff's almanac:P

I probably agonized over whether to trade that bum for 10 of 13 fucking weeks. I'm not kidding, EVERY time I started to put together a trade I would sit there and pull my hair out over whether to dump him. I have been rewarded for pure cowardice, like a Republican. 

5 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Jace started Henry as the 4 seed in Westeros C. 

She's up against Mudguard, and she also eliminated Mudguard from the Experts playoff race with a 1 point win in her game last week (and got him Jaxomed too).  So yeah, this is reaching blood feud level conflict.  @Mudguard @Jace, Basilissa

Also Manhole Eunuchsbane started Henry as the 5 seed in Westeros B against Blu-ray.

When he scored his first TD I was giving my phone a side-eye because that blue indicator light wasn't flashing and I was absolutely sure I'd started the bastard again (dude, so much more thought to a Waiver pickup I can't even. I can't even! Seriously, I had a great hunch this week and didn't do it. Like I said, pure cowardice.)

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

Jace burned down Mudguard's home in Experts. And now salted the earth in W-C to prevent him from ever returning. With the most improbable players too...

Like all things Jace, we know the origins of why, but once again hell hath no fury like a pony queen scorned. 

This was a defensive war, I think.

Was it Jace who won? Sure. Was it the Foederati forces who saw the victory through? Arguable. Did we all come out with a better understanding of ourselves, our friends, and our gods? Ask @Mudguard

When the announcers in the NE-Miami game said Miami needed a miracle, I said to myself "Good luck, New England doesn't allow plays like that!". Wow was I wrong.

What is it about that stadium that gives New England fits?

Just now, Trebla said:

When the announcers in the NE-Miami game said Miami needed a miracle, I said to myself "Good luck, New England doesn't allow plays like that!". Wow was I wrong.

What is it about that stadium that gives New England fits?

Without going into detail, my guess would be the heart but ...no clue really. 

7 minutes ago, Triskele said:

And why is NYG trying so hard to get a worse draft pick?

I was scared of this as their second half schedule is weak as hell. They’re gonna have to trade up to get Herbert probably(assuming they want him). If it wasn’t for that absurd meltdown in Philly they’d be right in this NFC East race too.

And, yes, they should’ve had a QB transition plan in place years ago... but fucking Saquon is a monster. Love it.

That’s incredible that the Bears defense was able to beat the Rams despite Trubiskey throwing three interceptions and only 110 passing yards.  That’s even better than the Broncos carrying Peyton Manning.

I saw the second half of the Cowboys-Eagles game while I was in the gym.  That really came alive in the fourth quarter.  Both defenses were well on top through three quarters but it was difficult to tell how much that owed to quality defense or shabby offense.  The Eagles secondary didn’t look like much.  Cooper made some nice catches — silencing all the doubters — and now Cowboys look favorites for the division title. 

NFC now has only six teams with winning records, and that could drop to five tomorrow night.  AFC has nine.  The drop off in teams like the Packers, Falcons and Panthers is pretty incredible.  But Panthers and even (remotely) possibly the Packers are still in the hunt for a wildcard. 

10 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

NFC now has only six teams with winning records, and that could drop to five tomorrow night.  AFC has nine.  The drop off in teams like the Packers, Falcons and Panthers is pretty incredible.  But Panthers and even (remotely) possibly the Packers are still in the hunt for a wildcard. 

It could, but it won’t. Your dirty Seachickens are going down tonight!!!

Now THIS is a stat!

It tells you how this was an OT game despite Dak throwing for 450 yards and 3 TD's, Elliott running for over 100 yards, and Cooper having 200 yards receiving and 3 TD's.

17 hours ago, DMC said:

Jeebus George Kittle has 7 catches for 210 yards in the first half.

I saw this morning that the record for receiving yards by a TE is 215, set by Shannon Sharpe... And that Kittle didn't get a single yard in the second half. How weird.

18 hours ago, Triskele said:

Gronk took such a bad angle on that play.  I realize he's in there for the Hail Mary, but man...

Gronk was in for that play, and that was also the one defensive snap that Devin McCourty didn't play. *sigh*

Not that it should have been even possible to lose on the last play. But a missed extra point and a missed 42 yarder by Gostkowski and Brady taking a sack at the end of the first half (instead of preserving time for a chip shot field goal) kept a touchdown's worth of points off the board.

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

I saw this morning that the record for receiving yards by a TE is 215, set by Shannon Sharpe... And that Kittle didn't get a single yard in the second half. How weird.

Yeah it was weird.  Like the Broncos DC at halftime was like, "oh yeah guys forgot to mention - you need to cover that dude."

Archived