NFL 2018 V: The Packers Win With A Loss While The Cowboys Lose With A Win

Bronn Stone

7 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Didn't say you didn't.  I think it works both ways and, thus, meant it the way I said it as well.

ETA: Wow!  How does Mahomes do that?!  Thought he may have been caught there.

I can't even, man. I really can't.

Like, the first one, the 3rd and 4? I actually thought it might go the way it did. I was still impressed. But not shocked. But what just happened isn't real. It can't have been. He threw that ball away, like he didn't care if it hit a cameraman. But somehow it ended up in the endzone in a guy's arms. Who the fuck even does that?

6 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I can't even, man. I really can't.

Like, the first one, the 3rd and 4? I actually thought it might go the way it did. I was still impressed. But not shocked. But what just happened isn't real. It can't have been. He threw that ball away, like he didn't care if it hit a cameraman. But somehow it ended up in the endzone in a guy's arms. Who the fuck even does that?

Simply amazing.

That's all that can be said about those throws.

The Stephan A Smith shit is exactly what ESPN deserves. They cut a lot of on air talent that knew what they were talking about. Now they have to spread the talent that is still there around and have them talking about stuff they are not up to speed on.

All this riffin' on Stephen A's "gaff" reminded me of that 1994 Chargers team.  Remember Stan Humphries, Natrone Means, Tony Martin, Eric Bieniemy, Shawn Jefferson, etc.?  That was a pretty good team and, iirc, they were the first (maybe only? I can't remember) to start the season 0-4 and make the SB.  But...then they ran into the 49ers:eek: 

2 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

The Chiefs leaky defense came back to bite them.

Now the Chargers have won on the road in Pittsburgh and Kansas City. They're a legit squad. Too bad they only have like sixty fans in LA. 

Yeah, that's the main reason I don't think the Chiefs are winning the title this year.  You don't need an elite defense to win one, but you can't be dog shit defensively either.  It's going to be tough to win three straight games (or four if Chargers win the division) against good teams when your defense is a sieve. 

11 hours ago, Trebla said:

Joe Buck has brought up Hunter Henry twice already and his torn ACL. I hope they find a way to bring up Derrick Johnson, too. 

And thanks to Joe Buck, tonight I learned that Pat Mahomes's dad played baseball.

23 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I hope you felt it did.  I surely did.

That is the creepiest 9 words I've ever read.

Seriously, reorganize that post. As a friend, I'm telling you. That's some level 3 serial murderer phrasing right there.

7 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Seriously, reorganize that post. As a friend, I'm telling you. That's some level 3 serial murderer phrasing right there.

I am comfortable with the phrasing.  It says what I want it to say, no more, no less.

4 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

I hope you felt it did.  I surely did.

I'm not sure it was quite "In the Air Tonight" level but, yes, it was a damn fun game to watch;)  I'm kinda pullin' for the Chargers a little bit.  I wish all their RBs weren't injured and I hope Allen can make it back soon (10 days until their next game).

3 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

:uhoh:

Archived