NFL 2018 V: The Packers Win With A Loss While The Cowboys Lose With A Win

Bronn Stone

5 minutes ago, briantw said:

Looks like Wentz is done for the year with a stress fracture in his back.  

Not that it matters much since Philly sucks this year anyway.

Makes total sense.  Playing through minor injuries that could get a lot worse makes no sense for a team with no playoff shot.

1 minute ago, Bronn Stone said:

Makes total sense.  Playing through minor injuries that could get a lot worse makes no sense for a team with no playoff shot.

No doubt.  Probably should have shut him down weeks ago, to be honest.  Can't fuck around with your franchise QB, especially when he tends to expose himself to a lot of hits downfield with his style of play.

Speaking of Wentz, I fear that both he and Mahomes could end up injured a lot of the time. They both run around a lot without avoiding contact while relying on their big arms. Someone needs to show them extensive video of how Wilson avoids the unnecessary hits. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Speaking of Wentz, I fear that both he and Mahomes could end up injured a lot of the time. They both run around a lot without avoiding contact while relying on their big arms. Someone needs to show them extensive video of how Wilson avoids the unnecessary hits. 

Wentz is especially bad about it because he's a lot more of a rushing threat than Mahomes.  Most of the hits Mahomes takes are still behind the line of scrimmage, whereas I feel like Wentz is always getting murdered because he refuses to slide ten yards downfield.  Not a great way to play if you want a long career.

17 minutes ago, briantw said:

Wentz is especially bad about it because he's a lot more of a rushing threat than Mahomes.  Most of the hits Mahomes takes are still behind the line of scrimmage, whereas I feel like Wentz is always getting murdered because he refuses to slide ten yards downfield.  Not a great way to play if you want a long career.

Wentz and Mahomes have identical 40 times. I suspect Mahomes would be running more if he didn't have guys running wide open through the secondary. And that really serves as an indictment of Mitch. They run the same system and the Bears have guys running wide open too. He just can't hit them like Mahomes. 

And yeah, it's not a great way to have a long career, or at the very least to maintain your skill set. Big Ben had decent mobility when he was young, but he's a statue now.  

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Wentz and Mahomes have identical 40 times.

So does Baker Mayfield, but all three guys play a little differently.  I just feel like, from what I've seen of both guys, Wentz tends to take hits downfield more often than Mahomes.  Mahomes does seem to get hit a lot behind the line of scrimmage as he throws the ball, but those hits are usually a little lighter than full-speed downfield ones.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Keenum looked like a deer in headlights, didn't know what to do so he just stood there.

To be fair, while that's a tendency of his sometimes I think on that one only like five guys would have had a chance to bounce off the hit and Tommy Brady couldn't have gotten the ball out that fast.

Archived