NFL 2018 V: The Packers Win With A Loss While The Cowboys Lose With A Win

Bronn Stone

Bears see out a win despite Robinson giving up a lazy/complacent fumble late on.  Solid defense today despite some absences.  49ers aren’t pushovers in recent weeks.  That’s now 11-4 for the Bears, third seed confirmed, and still a possible chance of claiming the second seed next week. 

Considering I thought 5-8 wins was their plausible range this year (before the Mack trade), I have to give huge credit to Nagy.  The improvement over Fox is enormous. 

Wow. Crazy finish in New Orleans. Steelers could have had the game in hand but for a Stevan Ridley fumble (insert Nelson Munz point-and-laugh) and Tomlin trying a fake punt while up four with a few minutes remaining, and Juju Smith-Shuster fumbling while the Steelers were in range for the tying field goal. Now Baltimore is the 4th seed and Pittsburgh is on the outside looking in. I'd much rather have the Steelers in the playoffs than the Ravens, though.

48 minutes ago, Rhom said:

What a bizarre world we live in...the playoff lives of the Pittsburgh Steelers rest upon a Browns win.  And it’s not implausible...

Basically win/win for us.  We win, we fuck the Ravens.  We lose, we fuck the Steelers. 

1 hour ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Huge win for the Seahawks.  They’re in pole position now for the fifth seed, which sees them travel to Dallas. 

Rams, Chiefs and Chargers have stopped looking invincible lately, although home versus road game is a big factor. 

Going into the playoffs the only team that looks invincible would be the Saints I think, and even they had a bad loss recently.

Gut wrenching loss for the Steelers. Thought we played pretty well for most of the game and went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the league. The offense was moving the ball well for the majority of the game. Comes down to turnovers, once again. Effing Ridley... Don't know why he's even in the game there, or at all. Would've had Samuels running the ball as he's done well. I feel bad for Juju as he's had a helluva second year. Both he and AB went over 100 catches for the year yesterday becoming the first Steelers receiver tandem to do so. You just hate to see it. 

As for the Tomlin play call on fourth, da fuck? I'm actually not that pissed about going for it there but the play call was stupid. Hand the ball off to the god damn full back right up the gut for a play that requires more than 1 yard to get the first? Brainless. Typical bullshit from him after the game about making their bed and sleeping in it. FFS I'm so tired of this dude.

A small part of me actually hopes we don't make playoffs so it prompts ownership to make moves with the coaching staff. Doubt we get rid of Tomlin and everyone will cite his regular season record. I hate that. He's had so many disappointing playoff performances and they might not even make it this year. Time for a change imo. The three game losing streak was crippling. Especially when you consider losses to the Broncos and Raiders (have not won there since '95). We win 6 straight, look to be in control, then lose 3 straight as the Ravens get hot. Now it comes down to us beating the Bungals (yawn), and the Browns beating the Ravens, which they did earlier this year. Easily the most dramatic (on and off field) division in the NFL has a week 17 matchup with all parties involved with a good deal on the line. Should be entertaining, at the least.

Archived