NFL 2018 V: The Packers Win With A Loss While The Cowboys Lose With A Win

Bronn Stone

Just now, Kalbear said:

Honestly, you're a Cleveland fan, so I wasnt actually sure. Maybe you were lamenting losing Hue and whatever you get next will be worse.

They could hire someone off the street and he'd probably be a better head coach than Hue Jackson.  Hue Jackson is the worst coach of at least the last twenty years and probably longer, and arguably the worst coach of all-time.  

Welp, no tie between Colts and Titans <_<

Steelers did what they had to do even though it wasn't pretty. I figured it would be a lot for the Browns to go into Baltimore and get a win when they have been playing so well recently and at home, but it was damn close. There was a good 5-7 minutes when the game switched over to Baltimore/Cleveland where I thought the Browns had it. They were cruising down the field and then fell flat as the Ravens D held up. I seriously thought they had it. That was rough.

We never should've been in this situation. An effing loss to the Broncos and Raiders screwed us. Absolutely terrible. Being 7-2-1 and finishing 9-6-1 is pure golden shit. This team is so inconsistent. I doubt we make any big changes. Might cut the D coordinator loose, but I'm sure Tomlin will stay. Will be an interesting offseason. AFC North should be a slug fest next year. 

1 hour ago, briantw said:

Hue Jackson is the worst coach of at least the last twenty years and probably longer, and arguably the worst coach of all-time.  

Obviously, you didn't have to smell Jim Tomsula's farts.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Obviously, you didn't have to smell Jim Tomsula's farts.

I mean, he had a better coaching record than Jackson did the past 2.5 years.

He won twice as many games in 17 tries as Hue did in forty.

28 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Bengals FINALLY fired Marvin Lewis! I don’t even know how to react right now...

Be happy right up until they announce the Hue Jackson hiring later today.  :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Be happy right up until they announce the Hue Jackson hiring later today.  :lol: 

I’m dreading it, but Hue is Marvin’s guy. If Marvin had decided to retire instead of being fired I’d be more worried about it happening. 

Right now if I had to guess I’d say Vance Joseph is the front runner. Mike Brown loves the familiar. 

I’d prefer an ex-Bengals player in Eric Bieniemy (KC OC), rather than an ex-Bengals coach though.

But honestly I’ll be happy with anyone but Hue. 16 years since I was excited about getting a new HC. SIXTEEN. 

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I’m dreading it, but Hue is Marvin’s guy. If Marvin had decided to retire instead of being fired I’d be more worried about it happening. 

Right now if I had to guess I’d say Vance Joseph is the front runner. Mike Brown loves the familiar. 

I’d prefer an ex-Bengals player in Eric Bieniemy (KC OC), rather than an ex-Bengals coach though.

But honestly I’ll be happy with anyone but Hue. 16 years since I was excited about getting a new HC. SIXTEEN. 

I'll be happy with anyone that's not a retread and is not on the Bengals staff right now.

17 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Lots of QB’s on rookie contracts in the playoffs this year.

Mahomes, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Jackson, and Watson. 

Once you start paying your QB thirty million dollars, your margin for error in roster composition shrinks considerably.

I assume the Browns will be the next team to go all in on their rookie QBs contract window in the coming months.  

25 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Lots of QB’s on rookie contracts in the playoffs this year.

Mahomes, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Jackson, and Watson. 

And Wentz, sorta kinda. Same idea, even if it didn't work out. Basically you have two types of teams - the rookie QB + stars everywhere else (KC, Philly, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Baltimore (kinda), Rams) and the teams with first ballot HoF QBs (Pats, Saints, Chargers, Seattle). 

And then you have the Colts.

2 hours ago, briantw said:

Saw the comment "Marvin Lewis would let Jerry Sandusky babysit his kids" and just about choked on the water I was drinking.

Have to hope they ignore him and just look at Jackson's record, Mayfield's hate for him and his performance on Hard Knocks.

Archived