Jump to content
Bronn Stone

NFL 2018 V: The Packers Win With A Loss While The Cowboys Lose With A Win

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Fucking guy can't get a break.  Terrible. 

Nope, too easy.  Not touching this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Derrick Henry playing like a full grown man.

His season high for rush yards was 58 yards before that run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy stat from last week, Peterson had that 90 yard rushing TD and still finished with less than 100 yards for the game???? 10.8 YPC avg for the game and only 98 yards total....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Crazy stat from last week, Peterson had that 90 yard rushing TD and still finished with less than 100 yards for the game???? 10.8 YPC avg for the game and only 98 yards total....

That is crazy!  It's also crazy that AP just had the longest run of his career...at age 33:stunned:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Derrick Henry must lead the league in plays where he looks like a stud RB without actually being one. 

Because legit, he sucks outside of like three games a year.

Edited by briantw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, briantw said:

Derrick Henry must lead the league in plays where he looks like a stud RB without actually being one. 

Because legit, he sucks outside of like three games a year.

Hmm...you might be right.  Also, I thought the Jags' defense was half-ways decent...but tonight they suck!  Or maybe it's just more of the random strangeness that is Thursday Night football? :dunno: 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I only get my football news from The Good Place now, but weren't the Jags supposed to be, like, good or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Prince of the North said:

Hmm...you might be right.  Also, I thought the Jags' defense was half-ways decent...but tonight they suck!  Or maybe it's just more of the random strangeness that is Thursday Night football? :dunno: 

They shut out the Colts last week, so who the fuck knows?  

Bad teams find a way to continue to be bad.  As a Browns fan, I fucking know this all too well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the entire Jaguars defense have Henry on their fantasy team or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Does the entire Jaguars defense have Henry on their fantasy team or something?

Hear that?  It's the anguished wailing of millions of third place fantasy football souls being knocked out of the playoffs by 6th place teams that started Henry...because they didn't have anyone better:P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Hear that?  It's the anguished wailing of millions of third place fantasy football souls being knocked out of the playoffs by 6th place teams that started Henry...because they didn't have anyone better:P 

I'd be shocked if more than ten teams that finished sixth place didn't have anyone better than Henry to start this week.  I wouldn't even be rostering him in leagues with only five or six bench players. 

Edited by briantw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, the fact that Derrick Henry has 239 yards and four touchdowns and not a single reception or return yard is absolutely fucking insane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, briantw said:

I'd be shocked if more than ten teams that finished sixth place didn't have anyone better than Henry to start this week.  I wouldn't even be rostering him in leagues with only five or six bench players. 

This is true.  I suppose I'm allowing myself to be overly influenced by playing in so many expanded roster Westeros FF leagues:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i'm in one league's loser bracket where out of the last four teams season long the bottom two this week play next week and that loser buys the beer at the next draft.

The guy with Derrick Henry has only him, Isaiah Crowell, and Alex Collins as RBs.

I thought I was doing well playing titans D last night but man am I having an all around shitty fantasy football year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

This is true.  I suppose I'm allowing myself to be overly influenced by playing in so many expanded roster Westeros FF leagues:D

Jace started Henry as the 4 seed in Westeros C. 

She's up against Mudguard, and she also eliminated Mudguard from the Experts playoff race with a 1 point win in her game last week (and got him Jaxomed too).  So yeah, this is reaching blood feud level conflict.  @Mudguard @Jace, Basilissa

Also Manhole Eunuchsbane started Henry as the 5 seed in Westeros B against Blu-ray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, Henry is certainly going to be rostered and even starting in a lot of expanded roster FF leagues (but maybe not so much in standard leagues, etc.)  And Jace was heavily invested in Henry this season!  She must have borrowed Biff's almanac:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny stat time!!!:

The Chiefs are 10-2. They’re averaging 45.5 points per game in their loses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured Henry was not going to be a factor in most leagues.  I the seven leagues I'm still alive, not one person also competing had Henry active. 

I bet DFS is fun this week. 

Henry is on Race's team in Keeper, though I drafted him and had him most of the year.  I just had to drop someone who wasn't a good keeper, and my team has Kamara, Conner, Dalvin Cook and Marlon Mack - Henry was never going to see my roster.  Also, Race and I had byes this week.  I did spend all $70 of my remaining FA budget to get Samuels (outbidding two owners who bid $0).

In Dynasty, Henry is on the bench of a non-playoff team this week

In Thunderdome, Jace has Henry on her team that finished 14th - not even qualifying for the Consolation playoffs.

In Survivor, Henry is on the locked roster of Manhole - the first team eliminated.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×