Which characters killed by the Faceless men in fire and blood?

Seaserpent

The faceless men have skills to kill anybody and let it look like suicide, but we only saw characters like Arya and Euron who made use of them. Which historical figures do you think could have been killed by these assassins??

Maegor I is one that i could think of:

*Looks like suicide or that the throne killed him
*It was at the right moment, but maybe planned before
*He has many enemies through the realm

On 12/5/2018 at 9:58 AM, The Sleeper said:

Lysandro and Drazenko Rogare. They messed with the Iron Bank's bottom line. 

True but than the Iron bank must pay a lot because they are a bank. I think it maybe are just normal assassins, because the faceless men really let it look like suicide or an incident.

36 minutes ago, Seaserpent said:

True but than the Iron bank must pay a lot because they are a bank. I think it maybe are just normal assassins, because the faceless men really let it look like suicide or an incident.

Lysandro drowned with his ship and Drazenko choked on piece of bacon. You couldn't make their death look more like incidents.

• 1 month later...

I may be a bit late to this topic, but it seems clear to me that Queen Jaehaera was killed by a faceless man hired by Alyn Velaryon and his allies. During discussion of the peace delegation to Braavos, we get the curious tidbit about Ser Denys Harte being rumored to have hired a faceless man. As someone on reddit noted, the minor House Harte is only mentioned in a few places. Probably the most prominent mention is of Hazel Harte, the mother of Daenaera Velaryon - the girl who went on to replace Jaehaera. We also get repeated references to Alyn Velaryon sending out messages to his wife while he's circling Westeros to engage with the Greyjoy fleet between the news of Jaehaera's death and the eventual selection of his ward Daenaera as queen.

Of course, soon afterward Alyn benefited from a second mysterious death that also fit the faceless men m.o. - that of Dalton Greyjoy. While being killed by a salt wife is perfectly plausible, the lack of clear details or motive in the murder, and the fact that the killer disappeared into the waves after the attack both suggest a faceless man killing. If so, Martin seems like he's hinting that this second murder was arranged through the message that Alyn sent to his wife Baela from Oldtown. While he was no coward, he may have anticipated that any engagement would obliterate the Velaryon fleet as Lord Peake had intended, and decided to go for a less honorable end to the war instead.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 8:04 PM, A Manwoody Grown said:

I may be a bit late to this topic, but it seems clear to me that Queen Jaehaera was killed by a faceless man hired by Alyn Velaryon and his allies. During discussion of the peace delegation to Braavos, we get the curious tidbit about Ser Denys Harte being rumored to have hired a faceless man. As someone on reddit noted, the minor House Harte is only mentioned in a few places. Probably the most prominent mention is of Hazel Harte, the mother of Daenaera Velaryon - the girl who went on to replace Jaehaera. We also get repeated references to Alyn Velaryon sending out messages to his wife while he's circling Westeros to engage with the Greyjoy fleet between the news of Jaehaera's death and the eventual selection of his ward Daenaera as queen.

Of course, soon afterward Alyn benefited from a second mysterious death that also fit the faceless men m.o. - that of Dalton Greyjoy. While being killed by a salt wife is perfectly plausible, the lack of clear details or motive in the murder, and the fact that the killer disappeared into the waves after the attack both suggest a faceless man killing. If so, Martin seems like he's hinting that this second murder was arranged through the message that Alyn sent to his wife Baela from Oldtown. While he was no coward, he may have anticipated that any engagement would obliterate the Velaryon fleet as Lord Peake had intended, and decided to go for a less honorable end to the war instead.

I thought it all slightly different to you.

i reckon Denys Harte hired the FM on behalf of Alyn Velaryon to take out Greyjoy. Peake had the little Queen murdered but when Oakenfist heard the news he wrote to his wife to put the little girl forward as the queen to be.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:04 PM, A Manwoody Grown said:

Doesn't Dalton's killer immediately kill herself after? Seems better thematically to have Dalton killed by someone he oppressed.

Peake killing Jaehaera is the simplest and most plausible explanation. He has the means, motive, and opportunity.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:04 PM, A Manwoody Grown said:

I entire time I was reading the "Maiden's Ball" part I was saying in my head, "cue House Harte, cue House Harte"

Lord Marq Farman had a rather convenient natural death. No idea whether Franklyn had a chance to hire a Faceless Man to arrange that, but if you want to look for suspicious deaths in general his death is suspicious.

Gyldayn makes it clear - and we know that from Arya's training as well - that the victims of Faceless Men don't appear to be murdered or even killed. They die seemingly natural deaths.

And that basically excludes all the deaths that are actually obviously unnatural. Such murders are too crude for Faceless Men.

Archived