The Wars to Come...

kleevedge

I wanted to start this thread on the possible wars to come, and discuss some battles that may be taking place soon.

The one I'm most excited to see is the Victarion vs Euron battle, which is seemingly becoming more likely due to Euron's recent Actions. TWoW Spoiler

Spoiler

With Euron taking the Damphair, I find it likely that Victarion is going to try to release him. Euron supposedly has 4 warlocks with him while Victarion has Moqorro, the red priest, these is going to lead to an interesting battle of magic vs magic i think.

I think it's possible that Melisandre and Asha join Victarion and Moqorro in this battle, due to their common causes, against Euron. Euron has the larger part of the fleet it seems, as well as his possible Valyrian steel armor, among other things mentioned in the spoiler above. I think it would make to be a very interesting battle, showing what Moqorro is capable of against Euron's weapons.

There will be two big internal wars before the War for the Dawn.

First will come the Dance 2 which will look something like this.

Dany on Drogon +

Small Khalasar +

Unsullied +

Free City Regulars +

R'hllor's followers including Benerro's Fiery Hand +

Euron Ironborn +

VS

Aegon on Rhaegal +

Dorne +

Golden Company +

the Faith Militant +

the Reach

It will be an immensely bloody war over most of the south that will cost Westeros much of its resources. Dany will kill Aegon, win, and sit the Iron Throne.

Then she'll lose her dragon and get kicked off the throne by a popular revolt.

Second War will be Jon's conquest. As Viserion riding King Tyrion will not acknowledge the threat of the Others much less send aid, KITN Jon will march south on Tyrion's throne, and not lose a battle along the way, joining every force he defeats to his own. His forces will be the north, what is left of the Ironborn, Wildlings, some sell sword companies, what is left of Stannis', Dany (dragon-less) and the few factions that stay loyal to her, and when they get there the Riverlands. The Westerlands and only some of the Stormlands will heed Tyrion's call to arms. Jon's forces will bring down Viserion at the God's Eye and he will take KL and sew a peace by marrying Arya to a dead Tyrion's heir, then kneeling before him, consolidating the north and south once again.

Then comes the war for the dawn.

9 minutes ago, chrisdaw said:

Dany on Drogon +

Small Khalasar +

Unsullied +

Free City Regulars +

Euron Ironborn +

VS

Aegon on Rhaegal +

Dorne +

Golden Company +

the Faith Militant +

the Reach

It will be an immensely bloody war over most of the south that will cost Westeros much of its resources. Dany will kill Aegon, win, and sit the Iron Throne.

Second War will be Jon's conquest. As Viserion riding King Tyrion will not acknowledge the threat of the Others much less send aid, KITN Jon will march south on Tyrion's throne, and not lose a battle along the way, joining every force he defeats to his own. His forces will be the north, what is left of the Ironborn, Wildlings, some sell sword companies, what is left of Stannis', Dany (dragon-less) and the few factions that stay loyal to her, and when they get there the Riverlands. The Westerlands and only some of the Stormlands will heed Tyrion's call to arms. Jon's forces will bring down Viserion at the God's Eye and he will take KL and sew a peace by marrying Arya to a dead Tyrion's heir, then kneeling before him, consolidating the north and south once again.

Sounds entertaining but I don't see the Reach and Dorne working together unless the Tyrells are removed. And Jon heading south before dealing with the northern threat, doesn't seem like something he would do. Overall i do agree there will be a large scale battle, cool idea though

1 minute ago, kleevedge said:

Sounds entertaining but I don't see the Reach and Dorne working together unless the Tyrells are removed. And Jon heading south before dealing with the northern threat, doesn't seem like something he would do. Overall i do agree there will be a large scale battle, cool idea though

Mace is soon to be dead. Wilas has no issue with the Dornish and is pious. Aegon will have the Faith and Wilas will go where the Faith lead him. Aegon is going to take KL then march West to defend his realm against the Ironborn attacking the Reach, like a good little king should. So the Reach will fight for Aegon because he has the Faith and because they will already be fighting together against Euron and his Ironborn. Dorne will fight for Aegon because Arianne will be his queen.

But you do raise something I don't know how to reconcile, and that is why this historic enmity between the Reach and Dorne if they just end up allying in the series. Maybe they fight each other while Jon is coming south, maybe one side fucks the other during the dance, like retreating on the field while the other side stays firm and gets slaughtered and then they hate each other again. I don't know, but I'm missing something on it.

Jon has to come south, it is going to take everyone working together to defeat the Others and the south won't come to the party willingly. Tyrion has already ignored the threat of the Others once, he'll do it again. His reign will falter, rebels will rise all around him, he'll become paranoid, and when the north send more ravens begging for help he'll at best pay them lip service, too concerned for his own power to see the big picture and his realm.

5 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Dany on Drogon +

Small Khalasar +

Unsullied +

Free City Regulars +

Euron Ironborn +

VS

Aegon on Rhaegal +

Dorne +

Golden Company +

the Faith Militant +

the Reach

This sounds about right. The only problem with is that as I see it kind of hints that House Lannister will continue. Given the villainous nature of House Lannister, Tyrion will never have a child but will redem himself by destroying House Lannister and put and end to their evil once and for all.

My thing with Victarion vs Euron and Vic rescuing Aeron is that I think they're just too far apart for that. Maybe it will come down to Vic vs Euron eventually, but Aeron is gonna need someone else to save him. As soon as Euron deals with the Redwyne and Hightower fleet (assuming he wins), I don't think he's gonna waste any time laying siege to Oldtown. No clue what his plans for the Damphair are but I could see the Reader trying to get him out. At this time, Vic's probably gonna still be in Essos.

Then with Dany vs Aegon. The last thing I want to see is Dany waste a single second in Westeros fighting Aegon or even going after the Iron Throne. by the time she gets there, I think the situation up North is gonna be so bad she just has to go straight up there and deal with the Others.

3 minutes ago, Mooncalf said:

My thing with Victarion vs Euron and Vic rescuing Aeron is that I think they're just too far apart for that. Maybe it will come down to Vic vs Euron eventually, but Aeron is gonna need someone else to save him. As soon as Euron deals with the Redwyne and Hightower fleet (assuming he wins), I don't think he's gonna waste any time laying siege to Oldtown. No clue what his plans for the Damphair are but I could see the Reader trying to get him out. At this time, Vic's probably gonna still be in Essos.

Then with Dany vs Aegon. The last thing I want to see is Dany waste a single second in Westeros fighting Aegon or even going after the Iron Throne. by the time she gets there, I think the situation up North is gonna be so bad she just has to go straight up there and deal with the Others. 

I was thinking it would have to be Victarion and Moqorro to deal with the warlocks Euron will have, but I completely forgot about Leyton and Malora Hightower, I don't know if the reader will have the ships to deal with Euron but Aurane Waters is out there with a decent size fleet as well as Manderly. I still think it possible for Victarion to join against Euron though.

As for the battle of the dragons I agree that Dany will have to travel north first, if she even makes it to Westeros at all. I have a feeling the others are going to come from the Grey Waste and Dany will have to hold the five forts to deal with the threat from the East, just like in the last long night.

12 hours ago, kleevedge said:

I wanted to start this thread on the possible wars to come, and discuss some battles that may be taking place soon.

The one I'm most excited to see is the Victarion vs Euron battle, which is seemingly becoming more likely due to Euron's recent Actions. TWoW Spoiler

Hide contents

With Euron taking the Damphair, I find it likely that Victarion is going to try to release him. Euron supposedly has 4 warlocks with him while Victarion has Moqorro, the red priest, these is going to lead to an interesting battle of magic vs magic i think.

I think it's possible that Melisandre and Asha join Victarion and Moqorro in this battle, due to their common causes, against Euron. Euron has the larger part of the fleet it seems, as well as his possible Valyrian steel armor, among other things mentioned in the spoiler above. I think it would make to be a very interesting battle, showing what Moqorro is capable of against Euron's weapons.

Victarion is not going to live long enough to make it back home.  He is already a dying man.  Mo just bought him enough time to be of some use to Daenerys Targaryen.  The Iron Fleet will become hers and serve her war against slavery.  Thus, the Ironborn sailing under the Targaryen banner will redeem themselves.  She will pardon their past crimes.  They will be given a new purpose in life.  To patrol the seas around Slaver's Bay and enforce the ban on the slave trade.  

The big naval battle will occur between Asha Greyjoy and her allies versus Euron and his allies.  Aurane Waters, I hope, will side with Asha.  Euron will terrorize the coastal areas of the south and east Westeros.  The Tyrells and the Martells will be helpless.  I can see where they might throw in with Asha Greyjoy.  I predict a hard victory for Asha.

Aegon will battle the Lannisters for control of KL.  He might pull out a victory but that is not likely.  I can see this boy sending an envoy to Meereen and begging Empress Daenerys for her help.  Which she will refuse because stopping the slave trade is more important.  She is Mhysa after all.  

The Boltons forces will have been depleted from the battle with Stannis and Tormund's wildlings.  They will have reduced mouths to feed though and they will survive until the Others make it to Winterfell.  And then they will be turned to wights, along with the rest of the North.  

Bowen Marsh and Ser Alliser will regroup at the wall.  Jon has done far too much damage for them to mount a solid defense against the Others.  All the wildlings have left to battle the Boltons.  The Others will get through and turn them all to wights, including the corpse of Jon Snow.  

Bran will betray Bloodraven and leave the cave.  Meera, Jojen, and Summer die.  Bran will reach a broken Winterfell.  All empty since the wights have headed south.  Bran will bind himself to the Winterfell heart tree and live as a plant for his remaining days.  

Sansa will be exposed by Miranda Royce.  Sweet Robin will have her and Petyr Baelish executed.  The Vale will close the gates but the Others will break through.  They too will become part of the army of ice.

Arya will make it back to the Riverlands and she will kill a few Freys, until they kill her.  Nymeria will lead her pack north.  She will lose many of them to the Others.  

A few years pass . . . . . . . The slave trade has been stopped.  Daenerys Targaryen and her dragons finally arrive in a frozen Westeros.  She uses her dragons to cleanse the land of wights.  She will burn the armies of ice, which was at one time, the same armies that Rhaegar battled on the trident when they were humans.  The Others and their wights will burn.  

And Daenerys Targaryen will add the frozen wasteland to her empire.  

I think, that in Essos Dany will be brought to Vaes Dothrak, where she will be reunited with Rhaego, who is alive (his kidnapping by his Dothraki-relatives was first out of three treasons, predicted to Dany by the Undying - the treason for blood), and because he is the Stallion that mounts the world, all Dothraki are serving to him. Dany will use Drogon to kill/burn all Dothraki khals, and this will be the second out of Dany's three fires - the one for death (vengeance for making Dany think, that her baby was dead, while actually he was kidnapped by Dothraki khals, that took him to use him for their own benefit, i.e. - who has the Stallion is controlling all Dothraki).

Meanwhile in the Slavers Bay, Victarion will die, after trying to tame Viseryon and Rhaegel with dragonbinding horn. It won't work, because Victarion is not a dragonseed, and only Valyrians can use that magic without harm to their own life/health.

When Meereen will be under siege, Dany will arrive there with all khalasars, because she, as the mother of the Stallion, will be Rhaego's regent, and thus will be ruling over all Dothraki until Rhaego will grow up. Dothraki will defeat Yunkai. And then Dany will seize Victarion's fleet, and will use it to sail to Westeros.

Meanwhile in Westeros fAegon will seize all Stormlands, and many lords will gather under his banners. He is the mummers dragon from Dany's vision. fAegon will marry with Margaery Tyrell. Because to gain allegiance of The Reach thru this marriage, was Varys' original plan, how to help Blackfyres to seize Iron Throne. fAegon is a Blackfyre, and so is Varys. So first Varys has married (or let Littlefinger to set it up) Margaery with a gay guy. Then she got married with Joffrey, who was killed, prior that marriage was consummated (if Varys didn't wanted Joffrey dead, he wouldn't have let Littlefinger and Olenna Tyrell to team-up and poison him). Then she got married with a little boy. So she was supposed to stay virginal, and to wait for her "destined" husband - fAegon. And this marriage was supposed to strengthen fAegon's position in 7K. He has(will) seized Stormlands, Dorne is (was supposed to be) on his side (because he is supposedly son of Elia Martell), and The Reach was supposed to become fAegon's thru his marriage to Margaery Tyrell. Thus he would have had 3 Kingdoms under his control. Also Varys has plotted numerous confrontations between Lannisters, to clash them against each other. One of his schemes was assault on Tyrion, during the Battle of Blackwater, when he was attacked by one of Kingsguards, who was actually working for Varys, and did it on his order. The other is an attack in Dorne on princess Myrcella by Gerold Dayne, who is also working for Varys. So after this two attacks Tyrion thought, that it was done on Cersei's order, and Cersei is thinking, that the attack on her daughter was planned by Tyrion. Tyrion getting blamed for Joffrey's poisoning, and him killing Tywin, was also part of Varys' plan. Varys helped Tyrion to escape, and has sent him to Illyrio, and from there to fAegon, because by doing all of it, Varys expected, that thru Tyrion, fAegon will get control over Westerlands. And because Tyrion was also Sansa's husband, with his help, fAegon would have got under his control three remaining Kingdoms. Because Sansa, daughter of Ned Stark and Catelyn Tully, and niece of Edmure and Lyssa Tully/Arryn, is a key to The North, Riverlands and The Vale. Thus, if everything went according to Varys' original plan, he would have managed to place fAegon on Iron Throne. But Littlefinger's interventions ruined Varys' original plan. Littlefinger is also, same as fAegon, has a bit of Targaryen blood - his great great grandfather was secret bastard-son of Aegon IV (his mother was Jeyne Lothston, and he was the Bastard of Harrenhal, that in 192 AC was defeated in the melee by ser Arlan of Pennytree. After First Blackfyre Rebellion he was knighted and took a last name Whent. He was first Lord Whent of Harrenhal, and grandfather of Lady Shella Whent. So Littlefinger and Catelyn Tully were third cousins). Varys knew about Littlefinger's ancestry, thus when LF was still a boy, Varys has hired LF and his father to become his spies. Littlefinger used to be one of Varys' little birds, that's why his personal sigil is a mockingbird - it's a symbol of his victory over Varys. They used to be a teacher and a desciple, but LF has outsmarted Varys, and instead of continuing to be one of his small pawns, he took his own path, and started to play his own Game of Thrones. He's planning either to become fAegon's Hand of the King, instead of Varys, or he is planning to marry Sansa to fAegon, and then to make her to poison her husband, and then thru marriage with dowager-Queen Sansa, to become King of 7K.

Eventually fAegon will become crowned as Aegon VI Targaryen, or will be very close to it. But soon after he will win that war, he will be defeated by Euron Greyjoy. And then Euron will be sitting on Iron Throne. That's when Dany will arrive to Westros will her Dothraki khalasars, three dragons, Iron Fleet of deceased Victarion, and all armies of ex-Slavers Bay. Dany will defeat Euron, and then she will meet Jon, who is the third head of Targaryen dragon. Jon, Dany, and Rhaego, all three together are new Azor Ahai and the Prince that was promised - Dany has hatched dragon eggs; Rhaego is the Champion of R'hllor, that will unite all people of the world into one nation (because he is GRRM's parallel to Jesus, who in the book of Revelation was called King of kings and Lord of lords, and the Great Shepherd that will lead all nation during Appocalypse); and Jon will be weilding Lightbringer - Dawn sword of Daynes.

Prior Dany's arrival to Westeros, Jon will get back Winterfell under control of Starks. Him, Bran, Sansa and Arya will reunite. So Jon and the wildlings will be supported by lords of The North, The Vale and Riverlands. But to defeat the Others, Jon will need Dany's help. Because she has dragons. So he will come to her, to ask for help. And that's when she will find out, that he is half-Targaryen. Jon being a Stark-bastard, is the last out of three lies, that Dany will slay - he is the stone winged beast flying away from smoking tower in Dany's vision. Dany, waking dragons from stone, not only means hatching dragon eggs, but also revealing to the world, that Jon Snow is actually Aegon VII Targaryen, legitimate son of crown Prince Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark, and thus he is the last Targaryen dragon/prince. (because in Valyrian prince and dragon is the same word).

Then the last battle against the Others, will be between all people of 7K, and those that has arrived from Essos, united under threeheaded Targaryen dragon - Jon, Dany, Rhaego.

Probably, both Jon and Dany will die, and Rhaego will continue to fight. The battle against the Others will last many years. In Dany's visions she saw Rhaego as an adult, he was under banner of fiery stallion (combined symbol of Dothraki and followers of R'hllor), with burning city behind him. Probably, he has burned that city, because it was infested by wights. The last book is called A Dream of Spring, because current characters will never see a spring again, they all will die in battles before Second Long Night will end. They will see a spring only in their dreams. So the book will have an open, bitter sweet ending - the war is still ongoing, but there is hope, that eventually people will win, and defeat the Others for good (though it won't happen in the book).

Another war I've been thinking about is the Long Night and the battles against the others, but not in Westeros, in the East. I feel like Dany could end up gathering her strength and turn East, as Quaithe said, to fight against an attack from the Grey Waste. I have already did a thread where I compared the Wall to the set up of the Five Forts and the surroundings here ;

I think Dany will have to man the five forts with her armies and defend Essos from the others. The long night reportedly effected Essos as well as Westeros, and Azor Ahai seems to be a figure from the East, while the Prince that was Promised a figure from the West. I'm interested to see if Yiti, and even shadowbenders from Asshai come to help her in the battle. If both Westeros and Essos were to be attacked at once, I'd imagine someone will have to take control of at least 1 of Dany's dragons to defend Westeros, while Dany, her unsullied, Dothraki, and sellswords guard Essos. This would make the battle of the Dawn a lot more hectic. Would be pretty cool to have Dany (Fire) defending the others in the East, while a Stark (Ice) defends in the West. If Dany never makes it to Westeros, she could take the place of the Amethyst princess, which is why in her vision in the HotU she saw the gemstone emperors. Arya could even aid in this fight since she is in Essos, but I find it more likely she makes it back to Westeros. Melisandre's vision of towers by the sea, submerged in a black and bloody tide, could be referencing the five forts and the bleeding sea.

Archived