Is Alyssa Farman or Alys Westhill Quaithe?

Seaserpent

18 hours ago, Seaserpent said:

I think its clear for I and V what LF is doing and how he become so rich all from the jobs that Lysa profile for him. What his endgoal is is for us as reader not even clear. But what we say that its to be powerfull behind the scene. but some other explaination why i think he is no crony of Ilyrio is that he fucked up the plan by making war so soon between Starks and Lannisters. Varys and Ilyrio needed to act quickly were the plan was to bring Aegon later in the fold (i guess when Dany or at least the dragons showed up). LF himself says he wants chaos, so helping Aegon to make the realm whole again is good for some years, but after that he needs the chaos again.

True. Just because LF is working for Illyrio does not mean he is incapable of double-crossing him. But since LF is such a good manipulator, he can easily convince Illyrio that the war coming so soon was not his intention at all. How was he supposed to know that Cat would take Tyrion during a chance encounter on the King's Road? I'll be that even surprised Littlefinger.

On 12/13/2018 at 7:45 PM, John Suburbs said:

True. Just because LF is working for Illyrio does not mean he is incapable of double-crossing him. But since LF is such a good manipulator, he can easily convince Illyrio that the war coming so soon was not his intention at all. How was he supposed to know that Cat would take Tyrion during a chance encounter on the King's Road? I'll be that even surprised Littlefinger.

True he could not know, but it was also possible that Ned talked with Robert over the letter in the first week. The letter that he wrote to cat could also have been send a year later. But everything is possible

No but she's kind of a parallel.

Quaithe is Shiera is pushing/guiding Euron, and what they're doing is what Alyssa is, exploring beyond the realm of the known. And so there are these parallels not at all by accident.

Compare.

....Alys Westhill did not believe it was. The scant writings she left behind show that even as a child Elissa Farman was convinced the world was “far larger and far stranger than the maesters imagine.” Not for her the merchant’s dream of reaching Ulthos and Asshai by sailing west. Hers was a bolder vision.

The Crow's Eye had taken Lord Hewett's bedchamber along with his bastard daughter. When he entered, the girl was sprawled naked on the bed, snoring softly. Euron stood by the window, drinking from a silver cup. He wore the sable cloak he took from Blacktyde, his red leather eye patch, and nothing else. "When I was a boy, I dreamt that I could fly," he announced. "When I woke, I couldn't . . . or so the maester said. But what if he lied?"

Victarion could smell the sea through the open window, though the room stank of wine and blood and sex. The cold salt air helped to clear hishead. "What do you mean?"

Euron turned to face him, his bruised blue lips curled in a half smile. "Perhaps we can fly. All of us. How will we ever know unless we leap from some tall tower?" The wind came gusting through the window and stirred his sable cloak. There was something obscene and disturbing about his nakedness. "No man ever truly knows what he can do unless he dares to leap."

They're both called mad, and they have to be to do what they're doing. They struggle to convince others, to find people who think as big and broad as they do.

Alyssa stole dragon eggs to try and achieve her childhood dreams, and Euron is going to "steal" a dragon to try and achieve his.

Archived