Racallio Ryndoon- Renaissance, Mad man or just Plain Enigma (Fire and Blood Spoilers)

First off Love everthing that was learned in Fire and Blood I do love world building, but one character really stood out to me and its Racallio Ryndoon.

I can't get a fix on how to even describe this guy am I the only one would have loved to see him in court life, Just a few line on this man:

Little has been written in the Common Tongue about this strange and extraordinary adventurer, Racallio Ryndoon, but in the Free Cities his life has been the subject of two scholarly studies and uncounted numbers of songs, poems, and vulgar romances. In his native city, Tyrosh, his name remains anathema to men and women of good blood to this very day, whilst being revered by thieves, pirates, whores, drunkards, and their ilk. 

Surprisingly little is known of his youth, and much of what we believe we know is false or contradictory. He was six-and-a-half feet tall, supposedly, with one shoulder higher than another, giving him a stooped posture and a rolling gait. He spoke a dozen dialects of Valyrian, suggesting that he was highborn, but he was infamously foul-mouthed too, suggesting that he came from the gutters. In the fashion of many Tyroshi, he was wont to dye his hair and beard. Purple was his favorite color (hinting at the possibility of a tie to Braavos), and most accounts of him make mention of long curling purple hair, oft streaked with orange. He liked sweet scents and would bathe in lavender or rosewater.

That he was a man of enormous ambition and enormous appetites seems clear. He was a glutton and a drunkard when at leisure, a demon

when in battle. He could wield a sword with either hand, and sometimes fought with two at once. He honored the gods: all gods, everywhere. When battle threatened, he would throw the bones to choose which god to placate with a sacrifice. Though Tyrosh was a slave city, he hated slavery, suggesting that perhaps he himself had come from bondage. When wealthy (he gained and lost several fortures) he would buy any slave girl who caught his eye, kiss her, and set her free. He was open-handed with his men, claiming a share of plunder no greater than the least of them. In Tyrosh, he was known to toss gold coins to beggars. If a man admired something of his, be it a pair of boots, an emerald ring, or a wife, Racallio would press it on him as a gift.

He had a dozen wives and never beat them, but would sometimes command them to beat him. 

He loved kittens and hated cats. He loved pregnant women, but loathed children. From time to time he would dress in women’s clothes and play the whore, though his height and crooked back and purple beard made him more grotesque than female to the eye. Sometimes he would burst out laughing in the thick of battle. Sometimes he would sing bawdy songs instead.

Racallio Ryndoon was mad. Yet his men loved him, fought for him, died for him. And for a few short years, they made him a king.

What if a Targaryen male was like this would westeros accept such man on the throne much less on their shores.

7 hours ago, Destiny Arrives said:

First off Love everthing that was learned in Fire and Blood I do love world building, but one character really stood out to me and its Racallio Ryndoon.

I can't get a fix on how to even describe this guy am I the only one would have loved to see him in court life, Just a few line on this man:

What if a Targaryen male was like this would westeros accept such man on the throne much less on their shores.

He would be greatly admired in Dorne.The other 6 kingdoms wouldn't wanna have him anywhere near them.I could see Tyrion and Bronn hooking up with him.

5 hours ago, M.Alhazred said:

He would be greatly admired in Dorne.The other 6 kingdoms wouldn't wanna have him anywhere near them.I could see Tyrion and Bronn hooking up with him.

IF he was a great warrior i think they would one thing about westerosi once you back up talk with blade they tend to let it go

4 hours ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

I wonder whether he was in fact cross-dresser, had gender dysphoria or something else.

He has the title of queen so it would not surprise me

• 3 weeks later...

Archived