Elseworlds -- Arrowverse crossover

Bastard of Boston

5 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Amell confirmed on Twitter that next season will be Arrow's last -- and only ten episodes. I'm really okay with this. Like really.

I have this crazy dream that the first 10 episodes of each of the shows will be dealing with Crisis and that they'll be building towards an epic bow out for Arrow...though that's pie in the sky...

I really hope that Steven Amell and David Ramsay (in particular) go on to bigger and better things after this.... IMO, they're legit action stars, and I'd like to see what they would do with a bigger production....

Echo Kellum's future I think is in comedy... he seems like a natural to me

Willa Holland has already left, so I'm assuming she has something else going on... I always liked her

Katie Cassidy... to be honest... I have no feeling one way or the other....

.... and I think that Emily Brett Richards is abysmal... her cute/quirky thing has been overdone to the point of douche chills... and in the end, she is just a terrible actress... she'll probably get another gig, but I think this will have been her career peak.... 

• 2 weeks later...

So John Cryer appeared as Lex Luthor in Supergirl's most recent episode, and he was pretty good. But, has no one thought about actor ages here? Brenda Strong, who plays mama Luthor is only a few years older than Cryer, and both pretty much look their age. 

The age thing is pretty immaterial, I think.  Depending on health and life choices, someone in their mid sixties or so doesn't have to look that much more aged than their child in their mid forties...generally speaking...

2 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I don't know.  I think about how Lex was presented when Byrne rebooted Superman in the 80s after Crisis.  That Lex was considerably older than Kal at the start.  Larger too...

Maybe that's it. My Lex is mostly informed from other media. My "first Lex" was actually the redheaded clone he made in the 90s, around the Death of Superman. He literally put himself in a younger body, so there's that. Between this, the cartoon, Smallville, and the latest iteration of the character, I see him and Clark as being peers. He hasn't been portrayed as significantly older in awhile.

3 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Maybe that's it. My Lex is mostly informed from other media. My "first Lex" was actually the redheaded clone he made in the 90s, around the Death of Superman. He literally put himself in a younger body, so there's that. Between this, the cartoon, Smallville, and the latest iteration of the character, I see him and Clark as being peers. He hasn't been portrayed as significantly older in awhile.

That's fair. Personally I don't have dog in the fight one way or another.  I like the idea of him being a bit older, but I also think Lex Luthor is ultimately a concept, not a body.  If that makes sense...

Also...slightly humorous that both Arrow and Flash referneced Spider-Man this week...

The actress who plays Felicity announced that she will not be returning for the final 10 episode season. I continue to not be mad at the choices Arrow has made for its final season. Seems like they're trimming a lot of fat. I consider Felicity to be an albatross. Between the focus that a 10 episode season offers and removal of characters with bloated, tedious arcs and focus, I'm excited to see what they do.

I've never not had any major issues with Felicity. I'm all about OTA.  But i like a lot if the other stuff too.  Ultimately, I really get a sense that these final 10 episodes are going to be much more about Crisis than actual Arrow stories...

Well, oddly hearing that Arrow is ending makes me want to watch it and catch up now. I kind of quit the entire Arrowverse. I like the whole concept of what they are doing, but sometimes the execution was lacking. Also, there is so much of it and this is the age of peak TV. I wish Arrow had just kept killing rich guys for all seasons. Season 1 was fantastic.

I saw up to season 4 I think. I was very excited that they were tackling magic in it, but I did not like how they decided to do that. (the whole mage relying on idols thing pissed me off, it's like having Dr. Strange reliant on a dumb object)

On 12/13/2018 at 2:41 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

That's a hell of a tease for 2019...how do they let it hang there for 6+ months? Do they contjnue to throw stingers with references to it?  How do they do it in only three or four episodes (since I can't see them excluding Legends for it)...?  Do they finally pull Black Lightning in somehow? So much stuff...can't wait...

Black Lightning is the only one I'm current on and with it heavily implying oncoming global conflict with....whatever the DC equivalent of Sokovia is (at least that's what I'm assuming from the sound of the name - vaguely Eastern European and threatening). Seems to set up needing to increase the scope in the next season.

Archived