Dragons producing eggs.

lysmonger

Here is a theory. We al know that dragons mimic their owner's emotions. Perhaps they clutch eggs when there bonded owner is deeply in love?

Jace's dragon produced a clutch when he was smitten with a Stark bastard.

Dreamfyre produced eggs when Rhaena was with Aegon and later her girlfriends. 

Syrax produced viable eggs when Rhaenyra was with Breakbones and then with Daemon although at the end the eggs were sterile or mutated. Viserys egg never hatched and  Rhaena's egg hatched into a broken thing.   Perhaps Syrax's ability to create Viable eggs depended on the emotional state of her rider. We knew Rhaenyra at the end with Daemon were more a familial power couple than in love in the teenage since of the way.

Just from my look when a targaryen is infatuated with someone, his dragon is more likely to produce eggs.

BETTER YET:

When a woman who is bonded to a dragon and she has a miscarriage, the dragon is more than likely have eggs that are unfertilized and  or mutated, like the eyeless wyrm that ate at Laena Velaryon's arm.

Here is a better thing. When Daeron was killed in the fire- he was probably naked and with a camp follower.  When SeaSmoke attacked their base, Tessarion did not attack him, but did a mating ritual in the sky with SeaSmoke. 

3 minutes ago, The hairy bear said:

I like it!

If this was true, it would imply that Daeron was really promiscuous, since Tessarion was known as the Blue King since before he was 14.

You mean the Blue Queen. I don't think Daeron was promiscuous. That was more Aegon's thing. Plus, how promiscuous could a fourteen-year-old really be?

Well Daeron's dragon was always called the Blue Queen. 

Now, Daeron is hanging around sellswords and is sick and disgusted with battle, he's drinking and a camp follower seduces him. The Tessarion never thinks her rider is in danger, nor does he feel any bad will against  the dragon Seasmoke. Daeron is too preoccupied having sex to realize his pavillion is up in flames.

I think younger dragons' riders imprint their personality on their dragons. Older dragons less than so.

Balerion came back to kingslanding when  Aerrea was deathly ill.

Sunfyre came back to Dragonstone when Aegon got off of milk of the poppy. Sunfyre purposely killed Grey Ghost, mirroring Aegon ll bloodlust.

Meleys the red queen became fat and lazy as Rhaena became older.

Vermithor went on a killing spree when its rider, Hugh the Hammer, died. 

Silverwing circled around the second Battle of Tumblestone because her rider was in a drunken stupor. 

Perhaps, the wild dragons Grey Ghost and Sheep stealer come from the eggs given to the 13 children of Jaeherys and Alysanne who were not dragonriders. Perhaps Sheepstealer was cribmate of Rhaella, septa. Rhaella was shy and nontalkative.

That being said, would be interesting if Vhagar laid a clutch of eggs at Harrenhall and  Alys Rivers has an egg.

1 hour ago, DarkSister1001 said:

Very interesting!  IF this is the case and IF Dany is having a miscarriage in the Dothraki see mayhaps Drogon will lay a clutch on the new dragonstone. 

This. Drogon's new dragonstone is a hill with a cave that has a spring. Perhaps a hotspring. Drogon never listens to Dany when she tries to go back to Mereen. Drogon is preparing to lay a clutch of dragons.

38 minutes ago, lysmonger said:

This. Drogon's new dragonstone is a hill with a cave that has a spring. Perhaps a hotspring. Drogon never listens to Dany when she tries to go back to Mereen. Drogon is preparing to lay a clutch of dragons.

Perhaps dragons increase volcanism in an area. 

On 12/12/2018 at 11:50 PM, lysmonger said:

But who would be the sire? I know the sex of dragons can be confusing, but they do need to be at least two to produce eggs, right?

5 hours ago, Vaedys Targaryen said:

But who would be the sire? I know the sex of dragons can be confusing, but they do need to be at least two to produce eggs, right?

It's never stated that the eggs need to be fertilized like chicken eggs.  It's also never stated that they don't.  Given that we have information on clutches but never who the "father" is, I would say it's mostly likely bc only 1 dragon is needed.  I'd chalk that up to their ability to change sex and magic.

10 minutes ago, DarkSister1001 said:

It's never stated that the eggs need to be fertilized like chicken eggs. 

Roosters are not needed for a hen to produce eggs. Only to produce chicks.

In fact, hens prepare nests and incubate the eggs regardless of whether they are fertilized or not. Drogon could be doing that.

5 hours ago, Vaedys Targaryen said:

I know the sex of dragons can be confusing, but they do need to be at least two to produce eggs, right?

As said, a male is needed to fertilize eggs, not to produce them.

But in any case, Drogon's eggs may have been fertilized back in Mereen. Either by Viserion or Rhaegel.

35 minutes ago, The hairy bear said:

Roosters are not needed for a hen to produce eggs. Only to produce chicks.

LOL, I know.  But since I don't think anyone is eating dragon's eggs and we're talking about hatching dragon's eggs I assumed (obviously incorrectly) that my comment about fertilization would be understood. 

Archived