MLB Offseason 2018: Harper, Your Herald Boras Sings

PyroclasticFlow

3 hours ago, DMC said:

Sounds about right.  The real question is when are they gonna sign Kimbrel?  You can't go into October with that bullpen.

That bridge seems burned.  It appears that with Knebel headed for TJS, he'll be heading to Miwakeee

Man, that Cain catch was a gut-punch, but hey it's opening day. I feel like I'm 0-for-lifetime watching Opening Day Cardinals games from my apartment like this. Exciting game. Sunday we have another afternoon game up there to make those wretched shadows confusing again. Hader throwing from the shade into the sunny home plate was hilarious to watch. Our guys might as well have been swinging at BB gun shots.

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

Chapman's velocity - or more specifically lack thereof - has rather immediately gone to near the top of my pile of Yankee worries.

Really? It’s March. Has it been a bigger “issue” than normal in spring training this year, or just general concern that it has been dipping a little since 2016? I wasn’t paying attention to it in the 9th today either.

4 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Has it been a bigger “issue” than normal in spring training this year, or just general concern that it has been dipping a little since 2016? I wasn’t paying attention to it in the 9th today either.

Well, it has been dipping gradually for a few years, but what I'm worried about is indeed the former.  From Axisa:

As for Chapman, he looked sneaky crummy this spring, with a fastball that sat mostly 94-96 mph rather than 97-98 mph. I know it’s only Spring Training, believe me, but Chapman’s fastball averaged 99.1 mph last March. For a guy who’s already losing velocity, seeing mid-90s rather than upper-90s this spring was a little worrisome. Hopefully he will regain those last few miles-an-hour as the weather warms up and the ninth inning adrenaline flows.

16 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Shut up about the stupid Yankees, Corey Seager just hit a homerun. The C&C Bat Factory is officially open for business!

It's Javy Baez's world and Corey Seager is just living in it...

Archived