MLB Offseason 2018: Harper, Your Herald Boras Sings

PyroclasticFlow

11 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

What do they know? They throw snowballs at Santa Claus...

Not sure I can blame them there.  Always assumed Philadelphia Santa Claus was something like this:

I thought for years that Goldschmidt would be a fantastic Cardinal, but never expected it to happen. 

Tonight he has two bombs, an absolute rocket that almost beheaded Travis Shaw, and best of all has seen 31 - THIRTY ONE! - pitches through four ABs. What a guy.  @Triskele are you not entertained?! I am.

Also, my decade of sports hate for Ryan Braun continues.

38 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Goldschmidt looks unreal!  3 homers and all of them massive.  

Luke. Voit.  You coulda had that.  For nothing.  And you gave it away, for nothing.  And now, it's totally happening.  So, thank you.  Plus, obligatory:  A man in my position cannot be made to look ridiculous!

1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

And just like that the Yankees are back to being shit against the Orioles. All is right with the world.

Their main problem today was any time they hit the ball hard it was on the ground.  I don't anticipate that being a long-term problem.  I like the fact they've scored 10 runs in 17 innings and it doesn't feel at all like the offense has broke out.  They also have a .425 OBP and 4.87 pitches per plate appearance through the first two games, both of which would be ridiculously awesome for a player let alone a team.  Yeah it's the Orioles, but thus far I'm quite excited about this offense.  And Paxton pitched really well.

16 minutes ago, DMC said:

Their main problem today was any time they hit the ball hard it was on the ground.  I don't anticipate that being a long-term problem.  I like the fact they've scored 10 runs in 17 innings and it doesn't feel at all like the offense has broke out.  They also have a .425 OBP and 4.87 pitches per plate appearance through the first two games, both of which would be ridiculously awesome for a player let alone a team.  Yeah it's the Orioles, but thus far I'm quite excited about this offense.  And Paxton pitched really well.

Paxton was a bright spot, LaMahieu was a bright spot. Andujar needs to learn how to take pitches. He came up in a big spot and he did nothing with it. 

2 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

He came up in a big spot and he did nothing with it. 

Yeah his double play with bases loaded was really frustrating.  I wouldn't have him in the 5 spot.  Another thing is Gardner's seniority for the leadoff needs to end (frankly once Hicks gets back he shouldn't even be starting if Bird can show he's productive).  I think the optimal lineup with Bird is:

1. Torres
  2. Judge
  3. Stanton
  4. Voit
  5. Bird
  6. Sanchez
  7. Andujar
  8. Tulo
  9. Gardner

With LaMahieu and no Bird just move everyone up one, maybe have DJ hit 8.

8 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah his double play with bases loaded was really frustrating.  I wouldn't have him in the 5 spot.  Another thing is Gardner's seniority for the leadoff needs to end (frankly once Hicks gets back he shouldn't even be starting if Bird can show he's productive).  I think the optimal lineup with Bird is:

1. Torres
  2. Judge
  3. Stanton
  4. Voit
  5. Bird
  6. Sanchez
  7. Andujar
  8. Tulo
  9. Gardner

With LaMahieu and no Bird just move everyone up one, maybe have DJ hit 8.

Yeah, Gardy needs to be in the 9 spot for sure. 

Archived