MLB Offseason 2018: Harper, Your Herald Boras Sings

PyroclasticFlow

6 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

He's better than Wade though. 

Frankly, it seems like every time I look, they are all just waving at pitches, so I don't know if anyone (besides, it seems, Lemahieu) is better than anyone else right now.  I mean, you are probably right in the long run though.

27 minutes ago, .H. said:

Frankly, it seems like every time I look, they are all just waving at pitches, so I don't know if anyone (besides, it seems, Lemahieu) is better than anyone else right now.  I mean, you are probably right in the long run though.

They are complete shit, 18 fucking strikeouts. An absolute disgrace. 

This Yankee fan takeover of our beloved MLB thread has got to end! I mean it’s gotten almost as bad as those lost years when deranged Cubs fans ruled this thread. Where are the obnoxious Sawks fans? What happened to the desperate M’s fans that used to hang around? Why isn’t Jason 1794 in here making a fool of himself more often? Why isn’t Triskele in here right now waxing poetic about the classiness of the Cards? Where is my soulmate MC? Come back to me my eternal beloved, it is time.

12 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I hate when people do that in Spring Training. We might have 20+ if Stanton was with the team. 

I think there is little doubt there.  Stanton seems like a dead-guess hitter.  And somehow he never seems to guess change-up, even when he sees three.  In a row.  Outside the zone.  Swing and miss on each one.  Then he goes on IL the next day...

I think there was an article on 538 or ESPN or something and Stanton was something like the worst clutch hitter the last few years.  Ah, yes, here it is.  Which perfectly matches my experience of watching him try to hit in high leverage situations: dread.  

1 minute ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

James Paxton is such a stud.

Don't worry, the offense will save us, oh wait...

Voit swings at the exact same pitch, twice in a row, which bounced in front of/on the plate to strike out.

This is painful to watch...small sample size, '98, injuries, yadda, yadda, but their approach at the plate is terrible right now and doesn't look like it's getting better.

3 minutes ago, .H. said:

Don't worry, the offense will save us, oh wait...

Voit swings at the exact same pitch, twice in a row, which bounced in front of/on the plate to strike out.

This is painful to watch...small sample size, '98, injuries, yadda, yadda, but their approach at the plate is terrible right now and doesn't look like it's getting better.

Voit is like the second coming of Shane Spencer. He had a good run but he's really garbage. 

Also I hate John Sterling's call for Gleyber Torres.  He took money from State Farm.

11 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Voit is like the second coming of Shane Spencer. He had a good run but he's really garbage. 

It's a very low bar, but I think Voit will easily outpace Spencer's career highs in plate appearances (448 in 2003) and production (.789 OPS in 2000) this year.

The Pirates rinse and repeat last night against the Cards. Taillon goes 7 strong and the bullpen blows it for him immediately and we lose. Had bases loaded in the 9th with one out and did nothing with it. Second straight game against them where we come out hot, put runs on the board, great starting pitching, and the relief blows it. We also go stale with the bats around the 4th-5th inning so that doesn't help. I won't overreact but I hope this doesn't turn into a trend. Seems like the Cubs have similar bullpen issues early on.

On 4/3/2019 at 9:08 PM, Myshkin said:

This Yankee fan takeover of our beloved MLB thread has got to end! I mean it’s gotten almost as bad as those lost years when deranged Cubs fans ruled this thread. Where are the obnoxious Sawks fans? What happened to the desperate M’s fans that used to hang around? Why isn’t Jason 1794 in here making a fool of himself more often? Why isn’t Triskele in here right now waxing poetic about the classiness of the Cards? Where is my soulmate MC? Come back to me my eternal beloved, it is time.

Desperate? I prefer the term forlorn, has more of a nautical ring to it.

I don't post much out of insane superstition because anytime I come here to crow about how well the M's are playing, they make me eat my words. But I guess in a rebuilding year, who gives a shit. Just gotta enjoy the fun bits of this season.

Archived