MLB Offseason 2018: Harper, Your Herald Boras Sings

PyroclasticFlow

On 4/13/2019 at 5:31 PM, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

CC was sharp,they manufactured runs, the bullpen got it done. Hopefully they get their shit together. 

Now Bird is on the IL.  Just have this feeling this year is some sort of bad joke...

56 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

My co-worker said yesterday that he’s surprised Bird isn’t hurt yet... and boom. This is seriously crazy.

Yeah, honestly, it was just a matter of time on him really, but at this exact time? :uhoh:

3 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

My co-worker said yesterday that he’s surprised Bird isn’t hurt yet... and boom. This is seriously crazy.

Greg Bird getting injured is both the least surprising thing ever and the least detrimental to the team.  Mike Ford has been pretty good in Triple A.  Maybe he can help the team out while they're injured up the ass.  Honestly, this takes much to say, but I'd rather have Tulo get healthy before Bird.  The latter is done.  Fly away planter fasciitis.  I'm pretty sure I have planter fasciitis too, but I don't bitch about it.  Health is a skill, and Bird is as brittle as well..

17 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Lol, Red Sox couldn't even be slightly competitive tonight against half the Yankees.

Meh, let's see how tomorrow goes.  If you split the series that's a win.  If I were a Sawks fan, what I'd be worried about is Sale.

10 hours ago, DMC said:

I'm pretty sure I have planter fasciitis too, but I don't bitch about it.  Health is a skill, and Bird is as brittle as well..

Yeah, I agree totally.  <Looks around for Carl Pavano, can't see him because he is made of glass.>

10 hours ago, DMC said:

Meh, let's see how tomorrow goes.  If you split the series that's a win.  If I were a Sawks fan, what I'd be worried about is Sale.

It is "usually" seems to me, that the Red Sox struggle, then they play the Yankees and suddenly "awaken" and start playing better.  But, maybe this year is the Yankees year to do that?  I don't know, I'll just cross my fingers...

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:22 PM, .H. said:

Now Bird is on the IL.  Just have this feeling this year is some sort of bad joke...

23 hours ago, .H. said:

Yeah, honestly, it was just a matter of time on him really, but at this exact time? :uhoh:

20 hours ago, DMC said:

Greg Bird getting injured is both the least surprising thing ever and the least detrimental to the team.  Mike Ford has been pretty good in Triple A.  Maybe he can help the team out while they're injured up the ass.  Honestly, this takes much to say, but I'd rather have Tulo get healthy before Bird.  The latter is done.  Fly away planter fasciitis.  I'm pretty sure I have planter fasciitis too, but I don't bitch about it.  Health is a skill, and Bird is as brittle as well..

Yeah I'm not shocked at all by him getting hurt. Frankly the only shocking thing is it not happening sooner.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

How are the Red Sox this bad? The only team with a worse run differential are the Marlins, and they don't deserve to be called a pro team.

I'm sure they'll win, like, 50 of 70 after the ASB and go on to dominate in the playoffs.  Boston and all their douchebags have had undeniable sports magic for almost 20 years now, definitely not ready to recalibrate expectations there.

8 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Tauchman... the Sock Man!

Fucking Sterling.

ETA: Judge leaves the game after a single. Looks like his oblique or something. Immediately grabbed his side. Ugh

There Injured List would be running away with the division. This had to happen just before Sanchez is due to return.  

7 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

That was a bomb by Red Thunder. What the fuck is up with Chad Green though? 

Vladdy Jr. coming soon. I can’t wait for him to be a thorn in our side for the next decade.

Frazier is the one of the few bright spots about the season so far. Green says it is something about his mechanics, I'm not sure I buy it though.  Just like his daddy was.

Archived