MLB Offseason 2018: Harper, Your Herald Boras Sings

PyroclasticFlow

The Yanks, or the B-Bombers, just took two out of three from the Twins and the Rays.  HIcks is on his way back and Didi is actually progressing ahead of schedule.  They'll eventually get Betances back too, probably around the ASB.  But I don't know about especially Sevy, or even Judge or Stanton - who should be doing stuff at this point but they never give the press anything.  All in all, it'd be pretty cool if they can stay in the thick of it without their ace and two of the 10 best hitters in the world.  Plus, they got a handful of young high-octane pitchers in the minors that could makeup excellent reinforcements come July.

It will be nice if Chad gets his groove back too, as he looked great today. I assume Judge will be back around early to mid-June. The others who knows?

Red Sox have unsurprisingly woke up, while the Mariners are in a free fall. The April dust has settled.

The Kraken is indeed devouring.  Torres too.  I have a new rule - both times he hit a homer I went from the living room to my bedroom (first to get some Tums and second to get high).  So now, whenever we get to see the Yanks on ESPN+, I have to go to my room when Torres is at bat.

I love that it happened like 3 pitches after the catcher misses a foul pop-up with 2 outs. O’s gonna O. 

You know it’s bad when Trey Mancini is your best player by a wide margin. It’s a damn shame we’ll only have 2 series with them left after this one.

18 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

It’s a damn shame we’ll only have 2 series with them left after this one.

Yeah they've had a really easy schedule thus far.  If everyone was healthy I assume the plan was to build up a big lead to this point.  Shit happens.

6 hours ago, DMC said:

Enjoy it while it lasts.

I know it will crumble., just like the mid 2000's teams that were the most talented in MLB for like five straight year. And every year your stupid Yanks would murder them in the playoffs.

51 minutes ago, DMC said:

Hell has frozen over.

11 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I know it will crumble., just like the mid 2000's teams that were the most talented in MLB for like five straight year. And every year your stupid Yanks would murder them in the playoffs.

A little much. 

We haven’t forgotten who your second team is! The Twins are currently on pace for 324 homers. Obviously doubtful they keep it up, but impressive nonetheless.

8 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

A little much. 

Not really. We had two MVPs, two pitchers who were Cy Young worthy,  one of the best closers in baseball and a super deep team with loads of guys

who would go on to become All-Stars, albeit often for other teams.

Fuck you @DanteGabriel. He was juicing. 

We haven’t forgotten who your second team is! The Twins are currently on pace for 324 homers. Obviously doubtful they keep it up, but impressive nonetheless.

They went nuts again last night. They were down 4-1 after two and I think the final score was 11-4. It's insane how many dudes are hitting huge HR numbers, and Miggy just got back and already has five in just seven games. How? HOW?

Looks like I picked a good year to get back into baseball.

Archived