MLB Offseason 2018: Harper, Your Herald Boras Sings

PyroclasticFlow

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:37 AM, DMC said:

Didi is now 1 for 12 in Scranton.  I suppose it's encouraging he only has one strikeout, but he needs to start hitting more before they bring him up.  The infield is frankly fine without him for the time being, so use up as much of that rehab time as he needs to get going.

A caller brought this up on local sports radio yesterday actually. I think according to the rules they only have 20 games so if he continues like that he might not get the time he needs.

9 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I think according to the rules they only have 20 games so if he continues like that he might not get the time he needs.

It's 20 days (for hitters), not games.  Regardless, if he's not ready by that point something's not right.  

Saw that Thairo Estrada is back in Scranton, apparently.  Which would suggest Didi's getting called up for tomorrow.  David Hale is also down there, dunno who they called up to replace him.

On 6/2/2019 at 5:51 PM, Triskele said:

Yeah, it was much-needed shot in the arm to get back over .500 and back into being just a few games back.  I think the offense is going to be fine with Carpenter regressing back up to his mean after another very slow start and with Dexter having a bit of a rebound year.  I think it all comes down to whether the pitching improves both with those aforementioned guys returning and also with questions like whether Flaherty finds what he had last year, how quickly Hudson develops, and whether Wacca Wacca can get and stay healthy.  

Old Man Wainwright had a great start today.  Threw a ferocious 92 MPH in the 8th!

Yet I still worry more about the Brewers and Reds than I do those damn redbirds...

Terrible draft by the Braves (at least after day 1). What in the hell was the organization thinking? Or worse yet, did they have a strategy at all? I'm a really level-headed sports fan, but I'm pretty exasperated by what the Braves did today.

11 hours ago, DMC said:

It's 20 days (for hitters), not games.  Regardless, if he's not ready by that point something's not right.  

Saw that Thairo Estrada is back in Scranton, apparently.  Which would suggest Didi's getting called up for tomorrow.  David Hale is also down there, dunno who they called up to replace him.

I wouldn't say something's not right, I mean he's coming back from major surgery and didn't have a real spring training.  I was expecting him back for the series against the Indians.

8 hours ago, Demetri said:

Terrible draft by the Braves (at least after day 1). What in the hell was the organization thinking? Or worse yet, did they have a strategy at all? I'm a really level-headed sports fan, but I'm pretty exasperated by what the Braves did today.

Agreed. Loads of talent in this draft and they go after the kid from Baylor who I saw going late first round in most mocks, meaning they could've probably had him with their 2nd first rounder. Then Shewmake? Pfft. As a fan of an SEC baseball team I've seen this guy play a bunch over the years. He's a decent hitter but brings little else to the table that I can see. 

Archived