MLB Offseason 2018: Harper, Your Herald Boras Sings

PyroclasticFlow

That pitch was classified as a slider, which Mike Wright barely threw at all last year, and definitely not ever usually at 91 MPH.  Willing to give Stanton a pass on that weirdness.  Good job by Wright.

Needs to cut down on the walks!  But overall, yeah, pretty nice.

ETA:  So Boone said Andujar has a "small" labrum tear.  They're gonna try to rehab it, but if that doesn't work he'll need season ending surgery.  BADFKJAFD!

8 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Man Joe Kelly sucks 

He was the classic overpay after a WS run. He's got great stuff and usually no idea where it's going.

Pirates do the most Pirates thing the other day and blow a 4-0 lead against the Cards and lose in 11. Bucs find a way to lose those games, and Cards find a way to win, always. Some tremendous fielding errors at third and shortstop lead to fruitful innings for the Cards. Not sure how Moran didn't get credited for an error on the first one. He made up for it at the plate but I'm curious what a +/- for him would have looked like. 

We'll go at it again tonight. 

Sanchez needs to learn how to frame a fucking pitch... especially the low ones. How has he not improved this yet? I know Sevvy got really sick of it last year. Then Judge throws a seed home on a sac fly and Gary is way too far up from the plate to make a tag. Even Coney and O’Neill were ripping him about it. 

Go Yanks!

12 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Sanchez needs to learn how to frame a fucking pitch... especially the low ones. How has he not improved this yet? I know Sevvy got really sick of it last year. Then Judge throws a seed home on a sac fly and Gary is way too far up from the plate to make a tag. Even Coney and O’Neill were ripping him about it. 

Go Yanks!

The first week has been frustrating as hell. I can't wait for them to get their shit together and go on complete tear.

25 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

The first week has been frustrating as hell. I can't wait for them to get their shit together and go on complete tear.

And now Tulowitzki is hurt?  WTF.

Not that he was exactly scalding the ball, but soon we are just going to have a farm team up here...

Just now, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I expected that in Spring Training. 

Yeah, I mean, he isn't exactly Iron Man, so it wouldn't even be noteworthy if not for all the other injuries.  But, just another straw on the camel's back right now...

Archived