MLB Offseason 2018: Harper, Your Herald Boras Sings

PyroclasticFlow

Braves' sweep of the Cubs did wonders to erase the bitterness of the Phillies doing same to us last weekend. Max Fried is probably the young Braves pitcher I least expected to make a huge impact this year, but he was utterly dominant yesterday. 

4 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Braves' sweep of the Cubs did wonders to erase the bitterness of the Phillies doing same to us last weekend. Max Fried is probably the young Braves pitcher I least expected to make a huge impact this year, but he was utterly dominant yesterday. 

Thanks for the heads up about Fried.

Pretty interesting that after a week of play four of the "elite" teams are all struggling to varying degrees.  The Yanks, Sawks, Astros, and Cubs have a combined 9-22 record right now.  Just emphasizes that I don't think anybody should be worried as of yet.

After this afternoon's barrage, the Yankees are on pace for 360 homers and have an .886 OPS.  Their offense is at the maximum limit of people getting hurt, but as long as this is it before someone comes back, they should be just fine.  Also GREAT start by German.  His stuff is really impressive.  If he had just a slightly better idea of where the hell the ball is going, he could be great.  I don't see that happening, but he's definitely a keeper as either a back-end starter or a high leverage reliever.

55 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Red Thunder stepping up! Love it

Really happy for him.  Hope the last 24 hours got his confidence up - had to be feeling down on himself after the last lost year.  Which is why I wasn't expecting much from him until Stanton or Hicks gets back.  Unfair when the guy still needs reps and clearly didn't really have it in ST.  But if he can contribute now and show he's Gardner's worthy successor, maybe he can take his job sooner rather than later.

10 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Chris Davis has done it, folks. Zero for his last 48. A new record.

Incredible. As if his historic awfulness last season wasn't enough? They need to just send him home and let him draw a check. He'd be more valuable to them than he would taking the field. 

Archived