Blood and Cheese: the question nobody seems to ask

Canon Claude

19 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I only meant that Jace's death may have brought them closer together. Even if he knew Nettles prior to her taming Sheepstealer, I don't think he ever interacted with her much. 

I know. I don't think Daemon was ever someone who would shield his bastards from riding dragons in a time of war.

32 minutes ago, lysmonger said:

I know. I don't think Daemon was ever someone who would shield his bastards from riding dragons in a time of war.

So you believe that Nettles was his bastard then? I suppose it's possible, but as even Mushroom never suggests as much, I'm not really a big proponent of that theory. 

Why not kill them all? 

Maybe because they killed members who they could , who had bad protection at certain places  and couldn't protect themselves. If they killed all present there they still had Aegon, Aemond, lords that supported them and others to contend with and it is very likely most of the realm would be turned against them after massacre.

Aemond  had personal vendetta against Rhaenyra's bastards , he acted alone and should be accounted himself for his deeds not his family. 

"I shall bring justice to Westeros. A thing Ser Axell understands as little as he does war. Claw Isle would gain me naught . . . and it was evil, just as you said. Celtigar must pay the traitor's price himself, in his own person. And when I come into my kingdom, he shall. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that." 

Daemon's plans are like those of Blackadder usually they backfire horribly. He probably promised Rhaenyra vengeance and sent his scum do to work for him, he killed his half blind nephew at the end but it only cost 2 great dragons that Targaryens could have used , though maybe it is for good of realm without those weapons , though I doubt he thought like that.

Archived