Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

45 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Anyway, I will be surprised if Cersei isn't the last BIG BAD for the show.  I've been under the impression that she will be the last to go.

Cersei being the final boss battle in this game is laughingly, hysterically ridiculous. A mythical, magical creature with an undead army kicks it before she does. Let that sink in for a minute.

I know D&D love the Lannisters (except Jamie) above all but to let it dictate the story as much as it has just shows how they don't have what it takes to run a show. At least not one of this caliber based on something that seems to be too deep for them to understand. There are few things more ridiculous on this show than Cersei still being alive, other than Tyrion being a Saint and still being Hand of course (or ever being made Hand).

55 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Cersei being the final boss battle in this game is laughingly, hysterically ridiculous. A mythical, magical creature with an undead army kicks it before she does. Let that sink in for a minute.

I know D&D love the Lannisters (except Jamie) above all but to let it dictate the story as much as it has just shows how they don't have what it takes to run a show. At least not one of this caliber based on something that seems to be too deep for them to understand. There are few things more ridiculous on this show than Cersei still being alive, other than Tyrion being a Saint and still being Hand of course (or ever being made Hand).

Lately, as I contemplate all that has gone on with this show, it comes to me that the Ds might have been happier to just do some type of Lannister Family series, quite frankly.  Well, minus Jaime, of course, every family needs it's stupid black sheep?  Or, they could have kept Jaime just for breeding, after all, Cersei tried to, I guess?  LOL

51 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Very true, and very sad. They do love Cersei and Tyrion and Tywin so much, and Jaime gets shafted every time. I watched an ep from s 7 (I think? Maybe it was 6, not sure) the other day and was extremely aggravated (but not at all surprised) to see Jaime still licking Cersei’s boots. Yikes. 

2 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Oh, I l did just find this out on the Twitters.  It seems the first two epis this season come in under an hour.  I gotta laugh at the idea that this last season was going to be the equivalent of a feature film per episode.  HA

https://winteriscoming.net/2019/03/10/runtimes-first-two-episodes-game-thrones-season-8-revealed/

Hmmm,

From one of the comments within that link:

EP1 54min
EP2 58min
EP3 1hr
EP4 1hr 18min
EP5 1hr 20min
EP6 1hr 20min
https://www.hbo.com/schedul...
Change the url number. You can see them all.

It seems that after this long wait, and longer than normal filming time requirements, we are still getting three hours less information this final season than what viewers have been given each previous season?

I am so sure we won't see more plot lines and characters all smooched together in some discombobulated mess just to race for the throne end. -->:rolleyes:

On 3/10/2019 at 1:16 PM, Rose of Red Lake said:

I dont really think the acting has suffered because of D&D's tricks. The acting on this show excels in spite of it. 

I haven't had a ton of time to go through each video, but if you are not familiar with @The Dragon Demands series that takes a deep, behind the scenes exploration of the show, actors, and showrunners, here is a link to his YouTube channel. Some of his videos are long, but there are plenty that are 30 minutes or less that hit on some major points, if that helps with your time as it does mine. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV3PgptMBNJlyBx_jg2TDHw/videos

I will get to that specific "emoting" video soon.

Finally found it! He does talk about this idea in many other videos, but here is the full version...

56 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Lately, as I contemplate all that has gone on with this show, it comes to me that the Ds might have been happier to just do some type of Lannister Family series, quite frankly.

Nah, I'm sure they would have loved to have the Lannisters kill everyone else (D&D need their bloody murders, controversy and shocking scenes lets not forget) and then duke it out with each other over who rules Westeros. Grandpappy Tywin still would have died around S4. But then it would have been Cersei vs Tyrion.

56 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Very true, and very sad. They do love Cersei and Tyrion and Tywin so much, and Jaime gets shafted every time. I watched an ep from s 7 (I think? Maybe it was 6, not sure) the other day and was extremely aggravated (but not at all surprised) to see Jaime still licking Cersei’s boots. Yikes.

Yep, they whitewashed Tywin. They sanctified Tyrion. Jamie stopped being a character when he and Brienne parted ways. And Cersei is well....not Cersei. Funnily Cersei is still making stupid mistakes all over the place but does she pay for them in GoT fashion ala Ned or Robb? Of course not, she's a Lannister. Everybody's character gets warped for Saint Tyrion, from Sansa to Dany to freaking slavers. And Jamie gets raped in S7 (Cersei's payback maybe for S4?) and doesn't mind that it seems. And leaves her side for reasons that make no sense instead of when she blew everyone up (including family) and got his last son killed with it. Or at any other earlier point in the story. Nah, D&D wouldn't let Cersei be without her doggie.

6 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

It seems that after this long wait, and longer than normal filming time requirements, we are still getting three hours less information this final season than what viewers have been given each previous season?

Yes, and at this point I call that a blessing. :P

1 hour ago, Mystical said:

Nah, I'm sure they would have loved to have the Lannisters kill everyone else (D&D need their bloody murders, controversy and shocking scenes lets not forget) and then duke it out with each other over who rules Westeros. Grandpappy Tywin still would have died around S4. But then it would have been Cersei vs Tyrion.

Yep, they whitewashed Tywin. They sanctified Tyrion. Jamie stopped being a character when he and Brienne parted ways. And Cersei is well....not Cersei. Funnily Cersei is still making stupid mistakes all over the place but does she pay for them in GoT fashion ala Ned or Robb? Of course not, she's a Lannister. Everybody's character gets warped for Saint Tyrion, from Sansa to Dany to freaking slavers. And Jamie gets raped in S7 (Cersei's payback maybe for S4?) and doesn't mind that it seems. And leaves her side for reasons that make no sense instead of when she blew everyone up (including family) and got his last son killed with it. Or at any other earlier point in the story. Nah, D&D wouldn't let Cersei be without her doggie.

I was just remembering when all the rage was the idea of the sitcom duo of Arya and The Hound and extrapolated it out to the Lannisters.  Lord knows the story had taken all kinds of detours and wrong turns over their Lannister Love (minus Jaime).  I hate to say it, but I am sure they want Cersei to finally realize Tyrion is the PERFECT LANNISTER, and go all Targy incesty on him, too.  I'm kinda joking, but.................. 

3 hours ago, Mystical said:

I had incredible discussion about "adaptaional attractiveness" of fantasy characters. Two very specfic examples being Tyrion Lannister and Hermione Granger. And we talked extensively when someone said how Tyrion is being played by someone who has been named People's magazine Sexiest Man of the Year. And bam! We all understood it.

6 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Hmmm,

From one of the comments within that link:

EP1 54min
EP2 58min
EP3 1hr
EP4 1hr 18min
EP5 1hr 20min
EP6 1hr 20min
https://www.hbo.com/schedul...
Change the url number. You can see them all.

I am so sure we won't see more plot lines and characters all smooched together in some discombobulated mess just to race for the throne end. -->:rolleyes:

And, I see the news of The Shortening.........has reached Watchers.  As have some more cast quotes on the ending. 

http://watchersonthewall.com/running-times-game-thrones-season-8s-early-episodes-officially-revealed/

http://watchersonthewall.com/cavalcade-game-thrones-actors-hint-numbing-season-8-finale/

OH yay!! are we already bitching about the upcoming season?!?!

I need to join in because I just rewatched the entire series in preparation for season 8.

Even my unsullied husband, who in the past has gotten angry at me for being so negative about the show, was constantly asking me during the rewatch, 'did this happen in the books?'

They are still using the books and the released chapters from WoW all the way through the end of season 6 for several story lines.  It is just SO PAINSTAKINGLY obvious when a storyline switches from GRRM to D&D. All script and sense goes right out the fucking door as soon as they are past GRRM's writing. it's so sad.

But another thing I am at least happy about that I only realized during the rewatch after Fire and Blood came out;

When Alysanne flew to the Wall with her dragons she could not fly her dragon over The Wall at all in Fire and Blood.  So that completely eliminates any chance of Dany flying past the wall on any kind of stupid ridiculous rescue mission of any kind in the books, also it completely eliminates any chance of a White Walker getting a dragon by throwing a Spear 600 miles an hour.  I mean I knew that was all show nonsense but it's nice to have it confirmed by F&B :)

3 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

OH yay!! are we already bitching about the upcoming season?!?!

I need to join in because I just rewatched the entire series in preparation for season 8.

Even my unsullied husband, who in the past has gotten angry at me for being so negative about the show, was constantly asking me during the rewatch, 'did this happen in the books?'

They are still using the books and the released chapters from WoW all the way through the end of season 6 for several story lines.  It is just SO PAINSTAKINGLY obvious when a storyline switches from GRRM to D&D. All script and sense goes right out the fucking door as soon as they are past GRRM's writing. it's so sad.

But another thing I am at least happy about that I only realized during the rewatch after Fire and Blood came out;

When Alysanne flew to the Wall with her dragons she could not fly her dragon over The Wall at all in Fire and Blood.  So that completely eliminates any chance of Dany flying past the wall on any kind of stupid ridiculous rescue mission of any kind in the books, also it completely eliminates any chance of a White Walker getting a dragon by throwing a Spear 600 miles an hour.  I mean I knew that was all show nonsense but it's nice to have it confirmed by F&B :)

I am reading the rest of your post but, I did want to answer the bold.

YES!!  We are already bitching about the upcoming season, the trailer (one), the teases, the promo hype, have given us a place to start.  They are so generous with their material for The Nitpick that has become The Rant and Rave, aren't they?  With only six episodes to wrap up the previous seven seasons, I'm sure we need the head start, LOL 

You did an entire rewatch?  All in a row?  Oh, you are braver than I.  I SHOULD give season 5 and 6 a bit of a peak, they are the seasons that I hardly watched once.  It's gonna take a lot of persistence, but I wonder if I should just to be certain how dark and full of terrors it all really is.  I'm pretty well versed on season 7, having peeked back at some scenes.  I STILL laugh at Run To Eastwatch.........every.............single.............time!!  Just thinking about it, typing it, makes me laugh.  I do think I will have to do a bit of rewatching, refreshing of some of the worst of all of it, though.  Just so I get the full effect.  OH YAY!! 

28 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I am reading the rest of your post but, I did want to answer the bold.

YES!!  We are already bitching about the upcoming season, the trailer (one), the teases, the promo hype, have given us a place to start.  They are so generous with their material for The Nitpick that has become The Rant and Rave, aren't they?  With only six episodes to wrap up the previous seven seasons, I'm sure we need the head start, LOL 

You did an entire rewatch?  All in a row?  Oh, you are braver than I.  I SHOULD give season 5 and 6 a bit of a peak, they are the seasons that I hardly watched once.  It's gonna take a lot of persistence, but I wonder if I should just to be certain how dark and full of terrors it all really is.  I'm pretty well versed on season 7, having peeked back at some scenes.  I STILL laugh at Run To Eastwatch.........every.............single.............time!!  Just thinking about it, typing it, makes me laugh.  I do think I will have to do a bit of rewatching, refreshing of some of the worst of all of it, though.  Just so I get the full effect.  OH YAY!! 

Yup rewatched it all, took a month+

The first 4 seasons are not that bad in retrospect, not nearly as bad as 5-6. And 7 is just total trash. Total fucking trash. I want to weep every episode at what they have done to Jaime, it is UNBEARABLE!!

And ya know, I have always been Jon+Dany shipping since like book 3. I know it's cliche but in the books i have been rooting for it for YEARS, and the show has all but ruined it for me :(

I am just hoping that GRRM's story is so insanely different from D&D's story that we will all just forget about it when WoW and DoS finally come out *pause for obligatory 'if he ever finishes them before he dies' comments*.

But yeah I recommend a rewatch because it's the only way to keep up with all the nonsense. Plus it'll put you on your A game for calling out loopholes and stupidity on these threads once season 8 starts. I am guessing there will be some kind of Sansa/Dany drama at Winterfell cause obviously there isn't enough going on in Westeros we have to have some women being caddy or else what's the point?

And I guess the fact that Jon wiped away MMD's prophecy by laughing at it means that they will have a baby before the last episode, in which I assume they will kill Dany......actually I assume Jon will have to kill Dany. based on Kit Harrington's comments that Rose (his wife) wouldnt speak to him for 3 days after they read the final scripts. Which may have been an ending that made sense in the books but now D&D have just fucked it all up and made it stupid and rushed so whatever.:thumbsdown:

4 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

You are a brave woman, I don’t think I could stomach it. 

4 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

My better half is unsullied and doesn’t really watch the show. And when we caught a few eps from s6 the other night, he was explaining stuff to me, that’s how utterly lost I was. 

@Lady Fevre Dream, I think s7 is on now, and the “run to eastwatch” scene is the one I’m looking forward to the most, as I’ve never seen it. But its reputation precedes it! Iconic, even better than “ride around MC”. :lmao:

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I think s7 is on now, and the “run to eastwatch” scene is the one I’m looking forward to the most, as I’ve never seen it. But its reputation precedes it! Iconic, even better than “ride around MC”. :lmao:

The whole 'Beyond the Wall' episode needs to be watched. I've never laughed so much during an episode of GoT. There is so much stupid...you need to experience it yourself. My poor tummy was hurting bad the next day, I think I had pulled something from all the laughter.

19 minutes ago, Mystical said:

The whole 'Beyond the Wall' episode needs to be watched. I've never laughed so much during an episode of GoT. There is so much stupid...you need to experience it yourself. My poor tummy was hurting bad the next day, I think I had pulled something from all the laughter.

Even better with a chaser of Preston Jacobs'* show recaps. 

*Not a fan of Jacobs in general but the show's not the same without his recaps. 

39 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Just checked and tonight  s6 is on again, but I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for this one, sounds awesome!

:D

12 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Even better with a chaser of Preston Jacobs'* show recaps. 

*Not a fan of Jacobs in general but the show's not the same without his recaps. 

Yay, and I already have the recap to watch right after the ep, cheers.

I don’t agree w/ his theories (books), but his recaps of the show are excellent! 

Archived