Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

1 hour ago, Mystical said:

The whole 'Beyond the Wall' episode needs to be watched. I've never laughed so much during an episode of GoT. There is so much stupid...you need to experience it yourself. My poor tummy was hurting bad the next day, I think I had pulled something from all the laughter.

Certainly, Dany's dragons must have flown faster than Concorde to get to the frozen lake so quickly.

3 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Yup rewatched it all, took a month+

The first 4 seasons are not that bad in retrospect, not nearly as bad as 5-6. And 7 is just total trash. Total fucking trash. I want to weep every episode at what they have done to Jaime, it is UNBEARABLE!!

And ya know, I have always been Jon+Dany shipping since like book 3. I know it's cliche but in the books i have been rooting for it for YEARS, and the show has all but ruined it for me :(

I am just hoping that GRRM's story is so insanely different from D&D's story that we will all just forget about it when WoW and DoS finally come out *pause for obligatory 'if he ever finishes them before he dies' comments*.

But yeah I recommend a rewatch because it's the only way to keep up with all the nonsense. Plus it'll put you on your A game for calling out loopholes and stupidity on these threads once season 8 starts. I am guessing there will be some kind of Sansa/Dany drama at Winterfell cause obviously there isn't enough going on in Westeros we have to have some women being caddy or else what's the point?

And I guess the fact that Jon wiped away MMD's prophecy by laughing at it means that they will have a baby before the last episode, in which I assume they will kill Dany......actually I assume Jon will have to kill Dany. based on Kit Harrington's comments that Rose (his wife) wouldnt speak to him for 3 days after they read the final scripts. Which may have been an ending that made sense in the books but now D&D have just fucked it all up and made it stupid and rushed so whatever.:thumbsdown:

I could/should just co-sign most of this post.  As far as Jon and Dany, I've never been one way or the other on them, book wise (write it out for me George and we'll see, LOL) as a couple, I do just like both characters.  I do want a good A-game for the Ranting and Raving, so I think I will brave some things.  It'd be nice if HBO helps me out again, and I stumble on some rewatching there without having to work at it.  The D;s idea of relationships between females, ughhhhhhhh, yes, I am sure.......some meowing and hissing for the Dany/Sansa dynamic.  How original, right?  I'm not predicting an ending, not yet.  I would say I'm waiting to see what they show us the first couple of episodes, but I'd be stupid to trust it anyway.  Shock and Awe and Lack of Sense is their GAME/ 

8 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

When Alysanne flew to the Wall with her dragons she could not fly her dragon over The Wall at all in Fire and Blood.  So that completely eliminates any chance of Dany flying past the wall on any kind of stupid ridiculous rescue mission of any kind in the books, also it completely eliminates any chance of a White Walker getting a dragon by throwing a Spear 600 miles an hour.  I mean I knew that was all show nonsense but it's nice to have it confirmed by F&B :)

I did think GRRM even releasing the Alysanne and Silverwing segment of F&B to the entire public was his way of saying that what the show has going on at The Wall probably doesn't equal what he is/was planning on doing.  ~Insert obligatory 'IF he finishes any more books' here~  I'm not so certain on what all that Alysanne's experiences with her dragon at The Wall mean, other than I'm sure it's not the simplification that the show has given us,  and that's before we even get to ideas about the Night King and dragons and Wighting or Walkering them. 

And, that reminds me of one problem with Poor UnDeadViserion.  The info from the show, after the fact, says that the NK did the same thing to Viserion that he did to Craster's baby boys.  But, unlike that baby, Viserion was already dead, so he should be wighted, not walkered, LOL  Granted, they did show dumb ass holes in his wings that last episode, but..........they really aren't being consistent, not at all. 

3 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

You are a brave woman, I don’t think I could stomach it. 

My better half is unsullied and doesn’t really watch the show. And when we caught a few eps from s6 the other night, he was explaining stuff to me, that’s how utterly lost I was. 

@Lady Fevre Dream, I think s7 is on now, and the “run to eastwatch” scene is the one I’m looking forward to the most, as I’ve never seen it. But its reputation precedes it! Iconic, even better than “ride around MC”. :lmao:

You must tell us all about it when you've watched it.  And here, we thought all that Rowing was the important thing when it came to Gendry.  Run, Gendry, Run!!  But, leave the hammer.  I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this episode as well as others. 

12 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Granted, they did show dumb ass holes in his wings that last episode, but..........they really aren't being consistent, not at all. 

I'm pretty sure the rulebook on walkers and wights went out the window in the farce that was 'Beyond the Wall'. Suddenly you kill a WW and all that have been raised by him 'die'. Normal swords can now dispatch wights by the dozen. Even if you cut wights up they won't continue to fight. Which is then contradicted again in the very next episode when the captured wight does continue to fight even though pieces are cut off of him. Dragonglass now works on wights.

I'm sure in S8 we will be dealing with yet another new 'rulebook' change because it's convenient.

1 hour ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

D&D's solution to work around the fact that there are no cell phones really failed in this episode.

I wonder how much Westerosi Twitter and the now orphaned BatFinger Teleporter will figure into this coming season?  It's pretty bad when they even forget that and leave it with:  Run and Fly Faster Dammit, LOL

16 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I did think GRRM even releasing the Alysanne and Silverwing segment of F&B to the entire public was his way of saying that what the show has going on at The Wall probably doesn't equal what he is/was planning on doing.  ~Insert obligatory 'IF he finishes any more books' here~  I'm not so certain on what all that Alysanne's experiences with her dragon at The Wall mean, other than I'm sure it's not the simplification that the show has given us,  and that's before we even get to ideas about the Night King and dragons and Wighting or Walkering them. 

And, that reminds me of one problem with Poor UnDeadViserion.  The info from the show, after the fact, says that the NK did the same thing to Viserion that he did to Craster's baby boys.  But, unlike that baby, Viserion was already dead, so he should be wighted, not walkered, LOL  Granted, they did show dumb ass holes in his wings that last episode, but..........they really aren't being consistent, not at all. 

I think the show is telling us in this instance only two things:  the wall will fall and the army of the dead will get a dragon.  However it happens in the books that may never be written, the end points will be those.  It's possible the show just wanted a dragon battle, and with no Aegon, they gave it to the NK,  and the army of the dead will NOT get a dragon in the books.  But, it seems likely that somewhere along the way Dany will lose a dragon....Aegon isn't getting one unless he's a real Targ...so his show absence makes it more likely that it will be the Others who get one.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

I think the show is telling us in this instance only two things:  the wall will fall and the army of the dead will get a dragon.  However it happens in the books that may never be written, the end points will be those.  It's possible the show just wanted a dragon battle, and with no Aegon, they gave it to the NK,  and the army of the dead will NOT get a dragon in the books.  But, it seems likely that somewhere along the way Dany will lose a dragon....Aegon isn't getting one unless he's a real Targ...so his show absence makes it more likely that it will be the Others who get one.

I think in the books, Euron/Victarion will steal a dragon with the horn for a time. Personally I think they will steal it until the rider dies and then Dany will get the dragon back.

So yeah agree that the show is just giving it to the WW's because they wanted a dragon battle on TV

3 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I think in the books, Euron/Victarion will steal a dragon with the horn for a time. Personally I think they will steal it until the rider dies and then Dany will get the dragon back.

So yeah agree that the show is just giving it to the WW's because they wanted a dragon battle on TV

I keep debating in my head if Euron or f/Aegon is going to get a dragon but I think Dany will lose one for sure.

But I agree, the show gave it to the WWs because "creatively it made sense to them"

16 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Ah yes, I forgot about the Dread Pirate Euron, LOL,  you might be right, he might get a dragon instead.  Hmmm.  

I do lean towards the idea of the Ds using UnDead Viserion to get a bit of dragon vs dragon action, and it not being what is/was intended book wise.  I'm also not sure how much Alysanne and Silverwings experience figure into what is possible anyway, when it comes to dragons and The Wall.  Was Silverwing just making a decision for herself?  Was it bigger than that?  And, are any of the rules for Dany and her dragon children different than those of old?  I mean, she brought them to life from stone, she did nurse them in the books at least once, so is there anything different in the ideas that have come down about dragons and riders, and only one at time?  Maybe it will take that dragon horn to get even one dragon away from her, from loyalty to her?  Since plans never go as intended once they are spoken or written in this story, the horn may work, just not for Euron or Vic, LOL  The books have many possibilities, but I do doubt it's what the Ds have chosen.  If we look at this fight against The Others and the wights and count some weapons..........the Others seem to have a lot of weapons already, including weaponizing the dead themselves.  Do they REALLY need a dragon anyway?  I think the books have also alluded to other ways to break any 'magical warding' of The Wall.  Anyway, that's just some of my thoughts on why I do think the show's ideas on their Ice Dragon probably don't add up to what the books intend. 

9 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I do lean towards the idea of the Ds using UnDead Viserion to get a bit of dragon vs dragon action, and it not being what is/was intended book wise. 

Yeah, I’m w/ you. I mean, come on, dragon on dragon action? How OMFG is that? So awesome it can’t be topped. Except maybe by the beautifully tragic love story for the ages that is MissyWorm! :wub:

I'm also not sure how much Alysanne and Silverwings experience figure into what is possible anyway, when it comes to dragons and The Wall.  Was Silverwing just making a decision for herself?  Was it bigger than that?  And, are any of the rules for Dany and her dragon children different than those of old?  I mean, she brought them to life from stone, she did nurse them in the books at least once, so is there anything different in the ideas that have come down about dragons and riders, and only one at time? 

That’s a very good point. Alysanne and all the other Targ dragonriders had dragons, and what Dany did was unique so it may play out differently. 

Maybe it will take that dragon horn to get even one dragon away from her, from loyalty to her?  Since plans never go as intended once they are spoken or written in this story, the horn may work, just not for Euron or Vic, LOL  The books have many possibilities, but I do doubt it's what the Ds have chosen.  If we look at this fight against The Others and the wights and count some weapons..........the Others seem to have a lot of weapons already, including weaponizing the dead themselves.  Do they REALLY need a dragon anyway?  I think the books have also alluded to other ways to break any 'magical warding' of The Wall. 

Could be. I have no idea where the show is going w/ anything, basically. But just wanted to say, since you speak of Euron... I just saw the show’s [a]version of the Kingsmoot last night and thought it was sooooooo underwhelming! Euron “Pacey” Greyjoy is a complete disappointment. Shame, coz I thought the actor was very good, but, as usual, the writing is infantile at best. 

Anyway, that's just some of my thoughts on why I do think the show's ideas on their Ice Dragon probably don't add up to what the books intend. 

And all good thoughts, as usual! :cheers:

But ultimately we all know that the main thing is that stuff make sense, creatively speaking! :lol:

18 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I do lean towards the idea of the Ds using UnDead Viserion to get a bit of dragon vs dragon action, and it not being what is/was intended book wise.  I'm also not sure how much Alysanne and Silverwings experience figure into what is possible anyway, when it comes to dragons and The Wall.  Was Silverwing just making a decision for herself?  Was it bigger than that?  And, are any of the rules for Dany and her dragon children different than those of old?  I mean, she brought them to life from stone, she did nurse them in the books at least once, so is there anything different in the ideas that have come down about dragons and riders, and only one at time?  Maybe it will take that dragon horn to get even one dragon away from her, from loyalty to her?  Since plans never go as intended once they are spoken or written in this story, the horn may work, just not for Euron or Vic, LOL  The books have many possibilities, but I do doubt it's what the Ds have chosen.  If we look at this fight against The Others and the wights and count some weapons..........the Others seem to have a lot of weapons already, including weaponizing the dead themselves.  Do they REALLY need a dragon anyway?  I think the books have also alluded to other ways to break any 'magical warding' of The Wall.  Anyway, that's just some of my thoughts on why I do think the show's ideas on their Ice Dragon probably don't add up to what the books intend. 

What I think will happen is that Undead Viserion will be about to rape Sansa, but Bran will warg into a giant eagle that swoops down and rescues her.

11 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yeah, I’m w/ you. I mean, come on, dragon on dragon action? How OMFG is that? So awesome it can’t be topped. Except maybe by the beautifully tragic love story for the ages that is MissyWorm! :wub:

That’s a very good point. Alysanne and all the other Targ dragonriders had dragons, and what Dany did was unique so it may play out differently. 

Could be. I have no idea where the show is going w/ anything, basically. But just wanted to say, since you speak of Euron... I just saw the show’s [a]version of the Kingsmoot last night and thought it was sooooooo underwhelming! Euron “Pacey” Greyjoy is a complete disappointment. Shame, coz I thought the actor was very good, but, as usual, the writing is infantile at best. 

And all good thoughts, as usual! :cheers:

But ultimately we all know that the main thing is that stuff make sense, creatively speaking! :lol:

Hang in there, @kissdbyfire Euron will soon turn into a bad imitation of Capn Jack Sparrow (unfortunately, not when he was still cool, LOL), with eyeliner and jacket to match.  Season 7 will be so much fun in your eyes, I am sure.  :lmao:

2 hours ago, SeanF said:

What I think will happen is that Undead Viserion will be about to rape Sansa, but Bran will warg into a giant eagle that swoops down and rescues her.

OH MY!!  It's good thing the show is already filmed, otherwise I'd worry about this idea being out in the universe and it giving the Ds some ideas. 

43 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

OH MY!!  It's good thing the show is already filmed, otherwise I'd worry about this idea being out in the universe and it giving the Ds some ideas. 

And Jaime will be mortally wounded, as he fights the Night's King, but as he's dying, will reveal to Dany that he is her father.

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

And Jaime will be mortally wounded, as he fights the Night's King, but as he's dying, will reveal to Dany that he is her father.

I thought Bran would be Dany's father. He is already part of a time paradox that makes no sense with hodor, might as well add another one onto it...

2 hours ago, SeanF said:

25 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

I thought Bran would be Dany's father. He is already part of a time paradox that makes no sense with hodor, might as well add another one onto it...

I don't know, maybe we are being too hard on the Ds, or is it giving them too much credit?  After all, as crazy as some of the previously posted ideas are..........I'm fairly certain I will be eternally pissed off if they try to ram their Tormund/Brienne romance down our throats.  That little stalker type fixation of theirs might be worse than their self created MissWorm.  Ughh, I should know better than to voice this, LOL  

Archived