Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

I thought it would be a really corny way of enabling Dany and Jon to marry without being incestuous lovers.  And they could name their first child Jaime  Targaryen.  Jon will say "I named him after the bravest man I ever knew."  Tyrion will be crying with emotion, as the baby is christened.  Then Sansa will approach Tyrion and beg his forgiveness for treating him so coldly, when they were in Kings Landing, and Tyrion will say that he forgives her, and then, they will fall in love with each other, as everyone applauds and cries.  

58 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I thought it would be a really corny way of enabling Dany and Jon to marry without being incestuous lovers.  And they could name their first child Jaime  Targaryen.  Jon will say "I named him after the bravest man I ever knew."  Tyrion will be crying with emotion, as the baby is christened.  Then Sansa will approach Tyrion and beg his forgiveness for treating him so coldly, when they were in Kings Landing, and Tyrion will say that he forgives her, and then, they will fall in love with each other, as everyone applauds and cries.  

Would laugh/crying count?  LOL  :devil:

On 3/12/2019 at 3:59 PM, Suzanna Stormborn said:

OH yay!! are we already bitching about the upcoming season?!?!

I need to join in because I just rewatched the entire series in preparation for season 8.

On 3/12/2019 at 8:34 PM, kissdbyfire said:

You are a brave woman, I don’t think I could stomach it. 

My better half is unsullied and doesn’t really watch the show. And when we caught a few eps from s6 the other night, he was explaining stuff to me, that’s how utterly lost I was. 

That was my intention as well, but I never find the time or inetrest whenever I try.....just the prospect of going beyond season 4 puts me off....especially because I liked the first seasons and that made me read the books. But I don't think I actually can watch s5 again, ever.

@Lady Fevre Dream, I think s7 is on now, and the “run to eastwatch” scene is the one I’m looking forward to the most, as I’ve never seen it. But its reputation precedes it! Iconic, even better than “ride around MC”. :lmao:

The whole episode is like a bad comedy! 

Watch it this way!, Believe me, I laughed so hard when I took it as that, which is just what it is. Especially that episode. 

The wights patroolling, when they capture him and he screams and Sandor tries to make him stop, when they are in the mini isle and the polar bear comes.... seriously, I remember laughing and laughing all the time. 

2 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I don't know, maybe we are being too hard on the Ds, or is it giving them too much credit?  After all, as crazy as some of the previously posted ideas are..........I'm fairly certain I will be eternally pissed off if they try to ram their Tormund/Brienne romance down our throats.  That little stalker type fixation of theirs might be worse than their self created MissWorm.  Ughh, I should know better than to voice this, LOL  

Tormund/Brienne is happening just as sure as MissWorm happened. Same way Cleganebowl is going to happen and all these fan theories are going to end up happening. 

And of course, get ready for more Michael Bay explosions to take place with the always general fan favorite dialog of, dick jokes...

Just now, Cas Stark said:

I can't rewatch anything beyond season 4, outside of a handful of individual scenes and maybe 2 or 3 episodes total.  I really don't think I could stand a full rewatch of 5,6 and 7.

I am going through it now. I am going to be honest, 5 wasn't as bad as I remembered. It's still not great, but I thought it was worse for some reason. Maybe it's because I now have season 6 and 7 to compare it to, which may be the biggest train wrecks ever.

9 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

I am going through it now. I am going to be honest, 5 wasn't as bad as I remembered. It's still not great, but I thought it was worse for some reason. Maybe it's because I now have season 6 and 7 to compare it to, which may be the biggest train wrecks ever.

My recollection is that I thought 6 was better than 5, and 7 was as bad or almost as bad as 5, but for different reasons.  LOL. 

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

My recollection is that I thought 6 was better than 5, and 7 was as bad or almost as bad as 5, but for different reasons.  LOL. 

I think they just get steadily worse and worse as they ran out of GRRM material to go on.

I am still so pissed that D&D have been handed a Star Wars trilogy to make #cantevendeal

Like who made that call at Lucas/Disney? have you watched GOT? are you crazy?

Season 7 is easily one of the worst seasons of any TV show I can think of. If I didn't like all the actors so much I would have stopped watching........

I mean if they would have just edited out some of the 'fuck's and 'cunt's it would have been better, but JFC those idiots really know how to ruin any potentially good moment by having Bronn say those 2 words 20 times in a row in one scene.

I'm still mad about Jaime charging Dany with a lance, falling into a VERY DEEP pond with his armor on and then just coming up 1/2 mile downriver after her army has completely left... yeah sure he can hold his breath for 2 or 3 hours, nbd..... he can swim with armor on nbd ...... I wish Drogon had just eaten him and finished this terrible character D&D have turned him in to.

11 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I think they just get steadily worse and worse as they ran out of GRRM material to go on.

It isn't really because of the lack of GRRM, it's because D&D care about the actors more than they care about the characters and story. It's gone down hill ever since they started worshiping actors who can cry on cue

1 minute ago, Potsk said:

It isn't really because of the lack of GRRM, it's because D&D care about the actors more than they care about the characters and story. It's gone down hill ever since they started worshiping actors who can cry on cue

?? I dont recall anyone crying in GOT......

1 hour ago, btfu806 said:

Tormund/Brienne is happening just as sure as MissWorm happened. Same way Cleganebowl is going to happen and all these fan theories are going to end up happening. 

And of course, get ready for more Michael Bay explosions to take place with the always general fan favorite dialog of, dick jokes...

It won't just be dick jokes, it'll be crappy dick jokes.  That's the problem. 

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

There are terrific visuals in 7, but laughable plot holes that we could fly the dragons through.  I think by then, I'd accepted things are what they are, and it made it easy to laugh at some of it.

50 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I am still so pissed that D&D have been handed a Star Wars trilogy to make #cantevendeal

Season 7 is easily one of the worst seasons of any TV show I can think of. If I didn't like all the actors so much I would have stopped watching........

I mean if they would have just edited out some of the 'fuck's and 'cunt's it would have been better, but JFC those idiots really know how to ruin any potentially good moment by having Bronn say those 2 words 20 times in a row in one scene.

I'm still mad about Jaime charging Dany with a lance, falling into a VERY DEEP pond with his armor on and then just coming up 1/2 mile downriver after her army has completely left... yeah sure he can hold his breath for 2 or 3 hours, nbd..... he can swim with armor on nbd ...... I wish Drogon had just eaten him and finished this terrible character D&D have turned him in to.

Haha, I don't know if it's 'one of the worst seasons of TV' ever...but season 7 was deeply stupid and the pacing was totally off the rails, it was more like an extended highlights reel than actual episodes.  Still, it's the only ending we're likely to get.

I was very surprised they got a Star Wars gig, but then, I thought, wastes tons of money, check; poor at plot and characterization, check; good at shock and awe and big scenes, check.  So, on that level, no one could be more perfect to continue running SW into the ground.

53 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I could co-sign most of this.  And the damn shame of it is that you can see Nik giving us real Jaime, looking at the horror of everything on fire.  But, yes, watching him sink into what looked like a bottomless lake at the end of one episode, after his suicidal ride (which I COULD understand), only to be pulled up next episode, armor and all, effortlessly by Bronn of the Bad Mouth, from a trickling stream far from Dany and Co...was beyond stupid. 

Oh, this season is going to be fun, I hope.  If it's going to be like 7, they better at least give us stuff like "Run to Eastwatch!!" 

1 hour ago, Potsk said:

That’s certainly part of the problem, but i don’t think it’s the worst of it. The biggest issue IMO is that they very simply can’t write their way out of a paper bag. That is the crux of the matter for me. 

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

That’s certainly part of the problem, but i don’t think it’s the worst of it. The biggest issue IMO is that they very simply can’t write their way out of a paper bag. That is the crux of the matter for me. 

Or the mess GRRM left the story in after ASOS.  So you have two poor writers who, to be fair, assumed that the entire story would be as great as the first three books, left with trying to finish off a story that even the author had fucked up so badly that he can't even reach a conclusion despite being a competent writer and great story teller.  I can only imagine D&D's face after they'd read the pile of shit that was ADWD.  Bet they regretted taking the series on after that!!  I think one of the most frustrating thing about the series is that it really could have fixed some of the glaring flaws from the books, but not only did they not fix them but they simply added a whole bunch of new ones to the mix too.....

14 hours ago, btfu806 said:

You forgot that besides dick jokes, everybody is a cunt.

14 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

There might be a method to their madness. After all the complaints with SW range from Mary Sue Ray to what they did with old school characters like Luke.

D&D most definitely don't know what an empowered woman is, they are incapable of even having a Mary Sue (no Dany is not one). So that problem gets fixed. But they do know all about making men Marty Stues and they have the DudeBro writing down to an art form. So these problems would get fixed with D&D. However these guys are not good storytellers or writers so Disney still has that as a problem.

10 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

Or the mess GRRM left the story in after ASOS.  So you have two poor writers who, to be fair, assumed that the entire story would be as great as the first three books, left with trying to finish off a story that even the author had fucked up so badly that he can't even reach a conclusion despite being a competent writer and great story teller.  I can only imagine D&D's face after they'd read the pile of shit that was ADWD.

Or they are simply not talented writers or storytellers despite having an education in that department. When they can't even adapt the main characters as they are in the book because they a) don't understand them or b) play favorites, then that says it all. They wanted the Red Wedding, that's all they cared about. They wanted that shocker.

But when fanfic writers can write epic stories with great characters and epic battles that are set in GRRM's world, why can't D&D? And fanfic writers aren't professionals like D&D and they don't get paid.

12 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

Or the mess GRRM left the story in after ASOS.  So you have two poor writers who, to be fair, assumed that the entire story would be as great as the first three books, left with trying to finish off a story that even the author had fucked up so badly that he can't even reach a conclusion despite being a competent writer and great story teller.  I can only imagine D&D's face after they'd read the pile of shit that was ADWD.  Bet they regretted taking the series on after that!!  I think one of the most frustrating thing about the series is that it really could have fixed some of the glaring flaws from the books, but not only did they not fix them but they simply added a whole bunch of new ones to the mix too.....

ASOS is the high point of the series, but I still enjoyed AFFC and ADWD a lot.

Archived