Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

@kissdbyfire  I am jealous of you, you seem unburdened by lots of horrible knowledge, as well as visuals.  Lucky, lucky, lady!!  :lmao:

Well, I am trying to join you all, you w/ the terrible knowledge and worse visuals, but HBO isn’t cooperating! They had s1 on endlessly on a loop for almost 3 days straight, and now it’s s2. So it’s gonna be weeks until they start showing s 6 & 7. Until then, I remain lucky and not as aggravated as I’ll be once I’ve seen it all! :lol:

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

Nope. I know I should count myself lucky, but you guys have totally piqued my curiosity! :D

RUN, KISSDBYFIRE, RUN!!!!  :lmao:

I need HBO to force me to rewatch for the most part, although I could access it OnDemand.  I am famously lazy, though.  So...............

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Nope. I know I should count myself lucky, but you guys have totally piqued my curiosity! :D

I should hope we did. It's pure comedy after all. You saw other S7 episodes...did they simply skip this one in reruns?

6 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

RUN, KISSDBYFIRE, RUN!!!!  :lmao:

I need HBO to force me to rewatch for the most part, although I could access it OnDemand.  I am famously lazy, though.  So...............

Ah, that’s right, there’s HBO GO (away) or whatever it’s called. I guess I’m too lazy for that too! :D

5 minutes ago, Mystical said:

I should hope we did. It's pure comedy after all. You saw other S7 episodes...did they simply skip this one in reruns?

I watched 701 and 707. They were showing the eps out of order, not even showing eps from the same series... so any given night you’d have an ep from s4, then one from s2, then s7, then s6. A true and proper mess, like the actual show, actually! 

And now they’re doing the weird loop, repeating the same series over and over and over again. 

3 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

We did tell you about the polar bear wight?  And the bearly (HA) ok barely, noticeable red shirt it takes out, right? 

Ah, I shouldn't ruin it, I'll stop!!  Plus, I am really, truly, out of time.

You most certainly did not! :wideeyed:

Oh my, it sounds absolutely fab, can’t wait! :lmao:

13 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Well, I am trying to join you all, you w/ the terrible knowledge and worse visuals, but HBO isn’t cooperating! They had s1 on endlessly on a loop for almost 3 days straight, and now it’s s2. So it’s gonna be weeks until they start showing s 6 & 7. Until then, I remain lucky and not as aggravated as I’ll be once I’ve seen it all! :lol:

If you have HBO, can't you just watch the Series on HBOGO?

10 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

If you have HBO, can't you just watch the Series on HBOGO?

Yeah, @Lady Fevre Dream reminded me of that actually. I do have HBO, haven’t used GO yet. I confess to being a tad lazy about it... I have very little free time at the mo, and the idea of sort of going out of my way for special GoT viewing privileges feels a bit unworthy. Once [twice, thrice, 37, 189, 375, etc etc] bitten? 

As curious as I am to watch it, I think I will probably end up waiting until it’s s7’s turn... they’re already on s3, so it won’t take tooo long. :D

23 hours ago, Mystical said:

Lets not forget that you always, always protect your cleric. Unless you are a group of morons that is.

10 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Maybe they just wanted his booze?  LOL

I’d say, “the plot thickens!”, if only GoT had actual plots! :lol:

And since I am too lazy to go do whatever it is I have to do to access HBO GO, I’m making do w/ what’s on, and that’s s3 ep 04...

Lots of stuff I had no recollection of whatsoever... other stuff I did remember but wish I didn’t. 

And since we were talking about the farcical butchery of the character formerly known as Jaime... and Brienne... Gods, there are fleeting moments when you can almost see the actual story. If you have a couple of stiff drinks and squint, you can almost see it... and then Brienne says to Jaime, “you sound like a bloody woman” - or something along those lines - and you’re I’mmediately brought back to reality. Nope, no proper story, it’s just GoT. Yikes.

3 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

And since we were talking about the farcical butchery of the character formerly known as Jaime... and Brienne... Gods, there are fleeting moments when you can almost see the actual story. If you have a couple of stiff drinks and squint, you can almost see it... and then Brienne says to Jaime, “you sound like a bloody woman” - or something along those lines - and you’re I’mmediately brought back to reality. Nope, no proper story, it’s just GoT. Yikes.

Probably more thanks to NCW than to the writers

11 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

And since I am too lazy to go do whatever it is I have to do to access HBO GO, I’m making do w/ what’s on, and that’s s3 ep 04...

Lots of stuff I had no recollection of whatsoever... other stuff I did remember but wish I didn’t. 

Yup, as soon as you start to recognize the characters........WHAM!!  A nice doucheberry D original line snaps you out of it. 

7 hours ago, Tijgy said:

Probably more thanks to NCW than to the writers

I couldn't agree more, NCW does a terrific job at channeling the Jaime that we, and he, all know exists somewhere in an alternate universe.  Gwen has great chemistry with him, but NCW had chemistry with Tarth itself, as well as Gwen, LOL 

I'd genuinely be interested in how they managed to take characters like Jaime so far away from their actual narrative trajectory. I mean, did they really think that was better than what was in AFFC? Or even remotely good? It's such an odd change and I can't imagine how they'd try to justify it. Tyrion, bad as it is, at least I can understand they wanted to keep him as the funny dwarf with a heart of gold, even if its completely opposite (and utterly dramatically lacking) of his book character. They wanted Dinklage to be the moral wisecracker because that's what they liked writing him as. Jaime (and others) are just baffling beyond the point of any reason. 

5 minutes ago, Ser Drewy said:

I'd genuinely be interested in how they managed to take characters like Jaime so far away from their actual narrative trajectory. I mean, did they really think that was better than what was in AFFC? Or even remotely good? It's such an odd change and I can't imagine how they'd try to justify it. Tyrion, bad as it is, at least I can understand they wanted to keep him as the funny dwarf with a heart of gold, even if its completely opposite (and utterly dramatically lacking) of his book character. They wanted Dinklage to be the moral wisecracker because that's what they liked writing him as. Jaime (and others) are just baffling beyond the point of any reason. 

I agree. And IMO that’s where it becomes obvious the show runners have a hard time not letting their personal preferences interfere w/ the story they should be telling. Come on, they actually had Cersei tell Jaime he’s always been the dumb Lannister! Yikes.

I can't believe it took Jaime four seasons to dump her. He's still with her after she tried to so an Aerys. They really have no idea what they're even doing at this point. 

I also find it amazing that they took Euron from being a eerily evil, charismatic and even a bit mythic pirate-villain and turned him into a cock-bragging frat boy. How they do it, I have no idea. Anything fantastical, mythic, romantic or what seems to have been systematically dropped as the show progressed. It's weird. 

8 minutes ago, Ser Drewy said:

I also find it amazing that they took Euron from being a eerily evil, charismatic and even a bit mythic pirate-villain and turned him into a cock-bragging frat boy.

Perfect, that’s exactly right! :lol:

Archived