Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

4 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Everything that has happened at WF since Sansa arrived to marry her family's killers for 'revenge' but with no plan of actual revenge has been terrible and incredibly stupid.  Why are the Boltons backed by the Lannisters marrying Sansa, wanted for regicide by the Lannisters? Ahem.  Why is Roose letting LF get back to the Vale alive once he's got Sansa?  Why is he putting Sansa at risk when he knows a battle with Stannis coming? It goes on and on through seasons 5-7, where we have the Umbers, who had in their possession Rickon Stark, the male heir to the North, and they give him up for nothing?!  The North Does Not Remember in the show, except when a needed 'rah rah' moment arrives, then it's all Starks again.  And all avoidable with a little better attention to detail.

Bolton knew the Lannisters wouldn't approve of Ramsey marrying Sansa. Their hook-up with Little Finger was the end of their alliance with Tywin. Which wasn't completely out of nowhere, because the Vale was presented as being the largest power as yet uninvolved in the recent wars. 

However, we were never told just what Bolton's goals were. Nor Little Finger's, except the ultimate goal of sitting the iron throne. Kinda stupid to make yourself an enemy of the Lannisters AND Stannis just to keep what you already have, which is Winterfell. Especially considering how untrustworthy is your new ally. 

3 hours ago, divica said:

nd even better. Next season tyrion does an even worse job of conquering westeros with all the resources danny had. I have no idea how someone in the show thinks tyrion is smart or how he doesn t get fired...

To be fair, Tyrion's plans were needlessly roundabout and I think he may have secretly tried to protect his family, BUT his warplans failed due to magical plot convenience. There's no Westerosian reason Urine should have been able to teleport back and forth or Highgarden should have fallen like that. 

9 minutes ago, darmody said:

Nor Little Finger's, except the ultimate goal of sitting the iron throne. 

His plan was to kill every Bolton. The only downside to his plan was that some Bolton's might have survived the marriage to Sansa and then would have engaged in massive retaliation by marrying her back to the Vale.

Just now, OldGimletEye said:

His plan was to kill every Bolton. The only downside to his plan was that some Bolton's might have survived the marriage to Sansa and then would have engaged in massive retaliation by marrying her back to the Vale.

Oh good, more incest. 

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I’m not yet caught up all the way through s 6 & 7 (haven’t watched the infamous wight hunt yet!), but I did watch that scene... I have to say, it was one of the silliest, dumbest, ridiculous things I’ve ever seen. And w/ GoT being riddled w/ such, that’s really saying a lot. 

Tisk, tisk,  You have to get to that, LOL

9 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Ye Olde Sansa Marriage Strike!! 

Just now, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Yeah it was a brilliant plan. What could possibly go wrong?

But, seriously, that has to be one of the dumbest things ever in the history of television.

3 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Love to constrain the influence of the Boltons by legitimising their rule over the North by giving them the hand of the true daughter of Eddard Stark. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Yeah it was a brilliant plan. What could possibly go wrong?

But, seriously, that has to be one of the dumbest things ever in the history of television.

LOL  Well, with Our Dunce Like Heroes being one dragon down, that Sansa Marriage Strike might still be a pretty good WMD.  Who oh who will Jon and Dany use it on?  :P:lmao:

4 minutes ago, Vaith said:

Love to constrain the influence of the Boltons by legitimising their rule over the North by giving them the hand of the true daughter of Eddard Stark. :rolleyes:

No one expects...............The Sansa Marriage Strike?  HA 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAn7baRbhx4

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  Well, with Our Dunce Like Heroes being one dragon down, that Sansa Marriage Strike might still be a pretty good WMD.  Who oh who will Jon and Dany use it on?  :P:lmao:

Obviously, Sansa will have to marry Cersei. She can take over the Lannisters from the inside, and after the Night King invades the south, he will name her Wardeness of King's Landing!

4 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I guess the NK probably needs to start sweating bullets right about now.

7 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

The NK, obviously. Jon and Dany must be eager to get Sansa out of their hair what with her annoying questions regarding their stupidity. Giving her to the NK so she can annoy him with questions like 'why are you so lazy you can't kill a crippled boy or 3 dragons or a morose, brooding snowflake and his stupid band of idiots? we need more food so why do you refrain from killing better? lazy ass.'

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

He looks like Benioff so much, I'm willing to risk it. 

Maybe Jon & Dany just say, "Oh don't worry, Jonerys is going to be so hot this season you are going to need something to cool off with."

14 hours ago, Vaith said:

My biggest gripe with the Northern Lords is Season 5, honestly. The Winterfell plotline in that season is so awful that it irritates me.

Apparently, Ramsay marrying Sansa (the real Sansa) is this big show of the Boltons having a legitimate claim on the North, and getting lords on their side in their campaign against Stannis. Does that actually happen? Nope, there is not one Manderly to be seen, no Ryswells, no Umbers, no Lady Dustin.

How can you have the wedding and just have Myranda present instead of the northern lords? Everything in the Season 5 scenario was contrived to build up a situation where Sansa was raped. Realistically, Littlefinger wouldn't have married her to Ramsay and thought that Stannis would name Roose's daughter-in-law Warden of the North after his defeat; Roose wouldn't have been the anti-Stannis, pro-Lannister candidate while marrying his son to Joffrey's alleged killer, and Sansa would have had several lords at her disposal at the wedding who could have recognised her as the legitimate Sansa and help her plan a coup against the Boltons. But nope, she's just a victim there for Theon to save. 

There is a very good reason why the northern lords aren't present in winterfell in Season 5, it's just not a part of the internal story.

Think about it: sansa is taking jeyne's place in the plotline. For that to happen she needs to marry ramsay, be abused by him, then run away with theon's help. That's what is going to happen.

But if the northern lords are there then why doesn't Sansa get help from them instead of Theon? And if sansa fails to ask for help from friends of her father, she looks even more politically incompetent than she did when she said yes to the marriage. 

So even though the narrative logic of the wedding (boltons marrying sansa to control the north) tells us that the northern lords must be present to witness the marriage, the plot itself wouldn't work if they were because it would give sansa someone else to help her other than theon and that old lady. So they fudged it - the northern lords are both there and not there at the same time. Schroedinger's northerners. 

11 hours ago, The Lasr Storm said:

i truly wonder if DnD though ppl were buying the tension between Arya and Sansa. I always remind myself that they are writing for the average viewer, not us diehards specifically.

I couldn't even tell you if that was supposed to be genuine tension or not. The final scene with LF implies they were faking the whole time, but what was with that scene where Arya shows sansa her bag of faces? LF wasn't present for that, so why include it if this was all a ruse?

Archived