Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

34 minutes ago, divica said:

Even if she gets the golden company. She doesn t have food and the lannister soldiers should be a few thousand. There is no way she can control westeros… After the field of fire there is no way she still has a big army...

She just spent a lot of gold hiring the GC so she has a food problem and we have seen how bad things get in KL when there is no food. 

When talks about jon and danny defeating the dead and cersei staying in KL she should lose any power she still had. I just don t get how we are suposed to believe that any other region of westeros would support cersei...

Oh I'm with ya, the only reason for most anything I can offer you is:  It's in the script, LOL 

34 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I disagree, I dislike her immensely in the books, she is an incredibly destructive presence, and the death on a city/regional wide scale that she unleashes isn't IMO balanced out because she has noble motives.  But, that's okay,we can disagree. 

It doesn't change the fact that she had a massive, overwhelming military force when she landed in Westeros and should have flown up to KL and told them to send out the heretical, kinslaying, brother fucking, king and queen killing POS Cersei Lannister, which would have happened, realistically in about 12 hours.  

But, but.  I know I just watched Drogon specifically burn the two Tarlys and only the two Tarlys, but according to the Ds that wouldn't work on Cersei.  Besides, how else can we have the Magnificent Seven and a few Red Shirts go on a Wight Hunt?  HA

I was thinking... depending on what the show confirms - or doesn’t confirm! - there’s potential for very extreme meltdowns to occur. Should be interesting. :uhoh:

ETA: time to bring Sissy back. 

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I was thinking... depending on what the show confirms - or doesn’t confirm! - there’s potential for very extreme meltdowns to occur. Should be interesting. :uhoh:

ETA: time to bring Sissy back. 

Hahahahaha  I have missed her.  :bowdown:

19 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

But, but.  I know I just watched Drogon specifically burn the two Tarlys and only the two Tarlys, but according to the Ds that wouldn't work on Cersei.  Besides, how else can we have the Magnificent Seven and a few Red Shirts go on a Wight Hunt?  HA

Dany doesn't want to attack KL with dragonfire... even though the only choice is storming the city, besieging it for weeks, or not taking it at all.

Or making use of Varys's knowledge of the secret passageways to crossbolt Cersei in the heart, but I guess he's forgotten much other than eunuch jokes. 

4 minutes ago, Vaith said:

Dany doesn't want to attack KL with dragonfire... even though the only choice is storming the city, besieging it for weeks, or not taking it at all.

Or making use of Varys's knowledge of the secret passageways to crossbolt Cersei in the heart, but I guess he's forgotten much other than eunuch jokes. 

Actually davos smugled tyrion into KL. Couldn t they have smugled several soldiers inside KL, open the gates and take the city? Kind of what they did with casterly rock?

Just now, divica said:

Actually davos smugled tyrion into KL. Couldn t they have smugles several soldiers inside KL, open the gates and take the city? Kind of what they did with casterly rock?

Problem is still the same as it always was. Wildfire. If you start storming the city Cersei will let you get in and then light that match and go down in "glory" taking as many of her enemies with her as possible. The Red Keep is far enough from the gates that they will definitely have alarm bells going off before anyone reaches her.

1 minute ago, dbunting said:

Problem is still the same as it always was. Wildfire. If you start storming the city Cersei will let you get in and then light that match and go down in "glory" taking as many of her enemies with her as possible. The Red Keep is far enough from the gates that they will definitely have alarm bells going off before anyone reaches her.

Ok. Smugle people into KL and slowly disable the wildfire. Or use the wildfire on the red keep.

Better?

1 minute ago, divica said:

Ok. Smugle people into KL and slowly disable the wildfire. Or use the wildfire on the red keep.

Better?

Not really, you can't disable wildfire. It's super volatile even for people who know how to handle it. Plus no way to know about chain reactions with stashes of it people don't even know about. 

It could all have been used in the Blackwater battle and Baelors sept but there is no way to know for sure.

All she has to do is assemble her force outside the gates and tell them to surrender and send the queen out.

Who is going to fight for Cersei Lannister except the Mountain and Qyborn?  No one.  Why would they?  Her crimes are now so numerous and so public that it's inconceivable anyone, including Lannister bannermen, wouldn't wish to see her out of power.

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

All she has to do is assemble her force outside the gates and tell them to surrender and send the queen out.

Who is going to fight for Cersei Lannister except the Mountain and Qyborn?  No one.  Why would they?  Her crimes are now so numerous and so public that it's inconceivable anyone, including Lannister bannermen, wouldn't wish to see her out of power.

given the history of westeros I don t even understand who would want to fight against dragons…

6 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Not really, you can't disable wildfire. It's super volatile even for people who know how to handle it. Plus no way to know about chain reactions with stashes of it people don't even know about. 

It could all have been used in the Blackwater battle and Baelors sept but there is no way to know for sure.

Come on. There are thousands of ways to deal with the wildfire. At the very worst just smugle enough people to defend the locations that have the wildfire and then open the gates and storm the city...

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

The problem is that's not exciting enough! Also, as we saw with the Tarlys', some of the bannerman would rather die than support a foreigner invading with savages. It's nonsense but in their world some would still do it.

Me, I would do what you mentioned. Tell all the people who wanted no part in this to simply leave. Then just wait her out, eventually they will turn on her or she turns into the Mad Queen (which very well could happen) and she burns it all down.

1 minute ago, divica said:

Come on. There are thousands of ways to deal with the wildfire. At the very worst just smugle enough people to defend the locations that have the wildfire and then open the gates and storm the city...

Your plan relies on them knowing where all the wildfire is, and how would they? Cersei is way smarter than people give her credit for. Tyrion knew of the wildfire, and she knows that. So Cersei will have moved it from the places he knew about. Give her the credit she is due.

2 minutes ago, dbunting said:

The problem is that's not exciting enough! Also, as we saw with the Tarlys', some of the bannerman would rather die than support a foreigner invading with savages. It's nonsense but in their world some would still do it.

Me, I would do what you mentioned. Tell all the people who wanted no part in this to simply leave. Then just wait her out, eventually they will turn on her or she turns into the Mad Queen (which very well could happen) and she burns it all down.

I'm not sure how realistic that was either, she's not a foreigner, she's a Targaryen, the family that united Westeros and ruled them until 20 years ago.  Yes, her Dothraki and unsullied are going to rub people the wrong way, but dying for Cersei Lannister, who until a couple episodes ago, was your bitter enemy?  Doubtful.  I didn't think Tarly would have ever agreed to fight for her in the first place, as he was very, very loyal to the Tyrells.  

But, yeah, assemble at the gates, and wait her out. Either everyone turns on her, and she's given up or she will burn the place down for spite, either way, Dany would have won without losing anything.  

5 minutes ago, dbunting said:

There's not a sole dichotomy between supporting a queen with Dothraki at her back, or a queen who has destroyed the Great Sept, killed a queen, kinslayed, and killed a Lord Paramount. I am astounded that in this world there is no mass Brotherhood-esque uprising that has rebelled in large swathes of Westeros, or a call for a great council that would support anyone bar Cersei and Dany. Not everyone has a reason to support Dany, but "exciting" isn't enough to spin out a Dany/Cersei conflict after they gave Dany an army that could crush Cersei in 2 seconds flat. 

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

I'm not sure how realistic that was either, she's not a foreigner, she's a Targaryen, the family that united Westeros and ruled them until 20 years ago.  Yes, her Dothraki and unsullied are going to rub people the wrong way, but dying for Cersei Lannister, who until a couple episodes ago, was your bitter enemy?  Doubtful.  I didn't think Tarly would have ever agreed to fight for her in the first place, as he was very, very loyal to the Tyrells.  

But, yeah, assemble at the gates, and wait her out. Either everyone turns on her, and she's given up or she will burn the place down for spite, either way, Dany would have won without losing anything.  

Tarly called her a foreigner. Remember she didn't grow up there, has never been there until now.

And a bit off subject but hey that's why we are here... Targaryens conquered Westeros by killing tens of thousands of Westerosi people. Not a stretch to think plenty of houses haven't forgotten that and do not want it happening a second time. Especially backed by Dothraki, who they all have heard rape and pillage.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

I could see some nobles chosing cersei over danny, for example lords from the stormlands or even the vale. However the lords of the reach that just had their queen murdered and that were targ supporters? Come on! That is just as idiotic as the common folk not rioting against cersei for what she did!

6 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Your plan relies on them knowing where all the wildfire is, and how would they? Cersei is way smarter than people give her credit for. Tyrion knew of the wildfire, and she knows that. So Cersei will have moved it from the places he knew about. Give her the credit she is due.

Varys would know where the wildfire is kept. Or know the secret ways into the red keep so that they can assassinate cersei. The moment they can smugle people into KL taking the city is doable! 

Hell, theon took winterfell with 50 IB!

Archived