Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Entirely too much.  Euron really is just a waste of space, as well as being time killing for Cersei while Lena collects her salary waiting to be the big bad at the end?  She did almost seem as much of a waste as Euron himself. 

I think we got inklings that we might have a euron more similar to the books with him taking advantage of cersei now and then doing what is best for him.

by the way. Did anyone else notice cersei drinking wine? WASN T SHE PREGNANT???

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

I agree, the Jon reveal was well done.  The Greyjoy stuff was good, Euron was even pretty good.  

I found all of Arya's reunions were meh.

Agreed. Arya  has lost everything that made her an interesting character. Jon riding the dragon was ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, Vaith said:

Somehow, I kind of enjoyed that episode? It's not "good" for me, but it's something I could appreciate if I turned my brain off long enough to imagine that Jon and Arya were actually reuniting and stuff. 

That Jon learning about him being Rhaegar's son... oof. I still can't believe his name's Aegon. Whyyyyy.

And the 1x01 nostalgia. Begin with a sovereign visiting Winterfell with that music and a boy excited to see the monarch, and ending with a stare-off between Bran and Jaime!

Right, it wasn't horrible.  (It was spoiled well, though, I noticed, if not the aura of the scenes, the content).  The Jon dragon ride tried hard to almost be comedy at first, and that made it feel..........a bit weird. 

I'm still not over him being named Aegon, either.  What's the status on Rhaegar's OTHER Aegon, show wise.  No matter the status, it's STUPID!! 

Some of the nostalgia pissed me off, the overkill of it, but.......it still was better than the dumb call back to Arya at the gate last year. 

Just now, Suzanna Stormborn said:

"She's the smartest person I've ever met."  

?????

Right?  Since when?  What about Tywin Lannister?  What about the faceless men?  Sansa "I love Joff" "I'll marry Ramsay for revenge" Stark is the smartest person she's ever known?  

I guess it's a lock that Sansa lives and will be Lady of Winterfell, but that was so graceless and silly.

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I agree, the Jon reveal was well done.  The Greyjoy stuff was good, Euron was even pretty good.  

I found all of Arya's reunions were meh.

I was afraid Arya's reunions would come off much colder, I think that's why I liked them, for the most part.  I do hate the over kill on disguisign affection in being a wise ass too much, like a bit of the Arya and Sandor stuff.  But it is the warm looks on their face as and after that makes me get over it.  I really thought Arya would come off much colder considering the way they write her and some of Maisie's interviews this season. 

Right, it wasn't horrible.  (It was spoiled well, though, I noticed, if not the aura of the scenes, the content).  The Jon dragon ride tried hard to almost be comedy at first, and that made it feel..........a bit weird. 

I'm still not over him being named Aegon, either.  What's the status on Rhaegar's OTHER Aegon, show wise.  No matter the status, it's STUPID!! 

Some of the nostalgia pissed me off, the overkill of it, but.......it still was better than the dumb call back to Arya at the gate last year. 

The characterisations were somewhat consistent to last season, and there were no new instances of teleportation, or weird conquest tactics or setups. I guess that's just because there are 2 locations, though. 

Some of the actual comedy was good. I got a laugh out of Cersei and the elephants. And when the show is going down the tubes as much as this, intentional or unintentional humour is the best aspect.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Right?  Since when?  What about Tywin Lannister?  What about the faceless men?  Sansa "I love Joff" "I'll marry Ramsay for revenge" Stark is the smartest person she's ever known?  

I guess it's a lock that Sansa lives and will be Lady of Winterfell, but that was so graceless and silly.

Don t Forget that she seems to know instantly that cersei won t show up. So she is super smart!

Seriously, did tyrion do anything right in the last couple of years?

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

Exactly! 

So dumb

Sansa is now a combo of Cersei/Littlefinger and just there to stir up a bunch of shit.

I was afraid Arya's reunions would come off much colder, I think that's why I liked them, for the most part.  I do hate the over kill on disguisign affection in being a wise ass too much, like a bit of the Arya and Sandor stuff.  But it is the warm looks on their face as and after that makes me get over it.  I really thought Arya would come off much colder considering the way they write her and some of Maisie's interviews this season. 

Maybe I was distracted by her hideous slicked back hair style.

Just now, Vaith said:

The characterisations were somewhat consistent to last season, and there were no new instances of teleportation, or weird conquest tactics or setups. I guess that's just because there are 2 locations, though. 

Some of the actual comedy was good. I got a laugh out of Cersei and the elephants. And when the show is going down the tubes as much as this, intentional or unintentional humour is the best aspect.

I have no idea why jon isn t the warden of the north. Why didn t danny name him something?

It just creates strangeness for no reason.

6 minutes ago, divica said:

I think we got inklings that we might have a euron more similar to the books with him taking advantage of cersei now and then doing what is best for him.

Ah ha!!  I was wondering on that, and didn't stop to think on that after the big deal that was made last season.  I kept waiting for her to mumble about a miscarriage even after Euron left.  But yeah the wine  LOL  See how dumb the Ds have made me.  I forget, LOL  So, will they even tell us EVER if she was lying or miscarried or is just now risking a drink to get through sex with Euron?

I do think Euron was less..........annoying? but for the way the show goes, how little time is left, it's hard not to call time on him out as wasted time. 

1 minute ago, divica said:

I have no idea why jon isn t the warden of the north. Why didn t danny name him something?

It just creates strangeness for no reason.

From what I can deduce:

Beginning of Season 7:
Jon: King in the North
Sansa: Lady of Winterfell, even though WF is Jon's seat(?)

Beginning of Season 8:
Sansa: Lady of Winterfell, head of House Stark, sworn to Dany
Dany: Claimant Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. 
Jon: Warden of the North (like how Daven is for Cersei in the books), or nothing. 

Just now, Suzanna Stormborn said:

And OMFG......

They sent Bronn out to murder BOTH Lannister brothers.........

Come.On.

AHHHHH

Cersei prefers to kill her brothers instead of danny. why? Seriously, shouldn t she think that if bronn kills danny the war against her is over?

10 minutes ago, divica said:

Fictional pregnant women in the era before fetal alcohol syndrome was documented can never have a sip of wine without something bad happening. It is known. :P

Archived