Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

Just now, Vaith said:

Fictional pregnant women in the era before fetal alcohol syndrome was documented can never have a sip of wine without something bad happening. It is known. :P

I might be confused. but didn t she refuse a drink with tyrion last season?

(I wasn t paying atention in that scene)

8 minutes ago, Vaith said:

The characterisations were somewhat consistent to last season, and there were no new instances of teleportation, or weird conquest tactics or setups. I guess that's just because there are 2 locations, though. 

Some of the actual comedy was good. I got a laugh out of Cersei and the elephants. And when the show is going down the tubes as much as this, intentional or unintentional humour is the best aspect.

I didn't mind some of the comedy, either.  It was just hard to tell when Jon was finally supposedly getting the hang of the flying, and the comedic part was over. 

Just now, Cas Stark said:

I assume Sansa's behavior is to show me--the audience-- how pragmatic and smart she is, and also, Arya is telling me she's SUPER smart, but her constant belittling of Jon in public and her smirking make she despise her.

I think any normal person would despise her.

However, as she is a pretty women certainly there is some movement proud of her character...

1 minute ago, divica said:

I might be confused. but didn t she refuse a drink with tyrion last season?

(I wasn t paying atention in that scene)

I think Cersei was trying to tell Tyrion she was pregnant so he could think her pledging to join the forces against the Others was legit. Then, nah, she was just manipulating him, she's so awful she'd use her pregnancy into tricking him!

When not trying to play Tyrion, she's a Bad Mother, and so can drink wine while pregnant. 

11 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I was afraid Arya's reunions would come off much colder, I think that's why I liked them, for the most part.  I do hate the over kill on disguisign affection in being a wise ass too much, like a bit of the Arya and Sandor stuff.  But it is the warm looks on their face as and after that makes me get over it.  I really thought Arya would come off much colder considering the way they write her and some of Maisie's interviews this season. 

FFS. Everyone is rallying together to literally survive and viewers are given this one trick dialogue pony. It's old and worn out. I guess they have to keep up their meme game somehow :dunno:

10 minutes ago, divica said:

Don t Forget that she seems to know instantly that cersei won t show up. So she is super smart!

Seriously, did tyrion do anything right in the last couple of years?

And, Tyrion's track record is just going to get worse, especially once Jaime delivers all his news after the death threats.  Damn, it's gotta be bad if Sandra Lannister Bolton is smarter than the average St. Tyrion, huh?   If she proposes another Sansa Marriage Strike of her own.......all the wars would be over. 

Just now, Vaith said:

I think Cersei was trying to tell Tyrion she was pregnant so he could think her pledging to join the forces against the Others was legit. Then, nah, she was just manipulating him, she's so awful she'd use her pregnancy into tricking him!

When not trying to play Tyrion, she's a Bad Mother, and so can drink wine while pregnant. 

You will see that she was never pregnant, It was all a lie to manipulate her brothers. As if it will make somehow sense...

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I assume Sansa's behavior is to show me--the audience-- how pragmatic and smart she is, and also, Arya is telling me she's SUPER smart, but her constant belittling of Jon in public and her smirking make me despise her.

That is the exact thought I had about Arya speaking of Sansa, and actually when Cersei tells Euron how clever and craaazy he is, it felt like the script was trying to tell the viewer what we should be thinking in that scene. The Behind the Episodes are now part of the scripts.

Just now, divica said:

And looking at the preview for ep 2. The war with the dead will start at the end of the next episode.

Remember how they said Season 6 would be battle after battle after battle?

Last season, with 6 episodes, and they still need 2 eps of wheel-spinning dialogue, and Jon and Dany mucking around outside Winterfell.... while the White Walkers have just caused the Wall to fall and marched through into the North. 

10 minutes ago, divica said:

I have no idea why jon isn t the warden of the north. Why didn t danny name him something?

It just creates strangeness for no reason.

Good point, I bet the title Warden of The North will never come up, not til maybe the finale?  Cause we have to have the Targ Tension for the Iron Throne for, you know, having soap opera drama all over the place.  That's not fair, back in the day, soap opera drama could really be well done. 

Just now, Lady Fevre Dream said:

And, Tyrion's track record is just going to get worse, especially once Jaime delivers all his news after the death threats.  Damn, it's gotta be bad if Sandra Lannister Bolton is smarter than the average St. Tyrion, huh?   If she proposes another Sansa Marriage Strike of her own.......all the wars would be over. 

Sansa can marry the night king. Then the starks can take the IT and kill danny's dragons! jon is then king of westeros and she warden of the north.

1 minute ago, divica said:

Sansa can marry the night king. Then the starks can take the IT and kill danny's dragons! jon is then king of westeros and she warden of the north.

Or Sansa will marry Cersei to take over the Iron Throne from the inside!

As the first of the final episodes, it was ok.  It reminded us of characters we like/dislike and set the stage for what is coming.  BUT -- what was the point of the dragon watching Jon kiss Dany?  Was it Jon's dragon?  What do you all think?  I could not come up with any reason why the dragon was staring right at him so to me it felt like I was missing something important????

Just now, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Good point, I bet the title Warden of The North will never come up, not til maybe the finale?  Cause we have to have the Targ Tension for the Iron Throne for, you know, having soap opera drama all over the place.  That's not fair, back in the day, soap opera drama could really be well done. 

Tension… If they are in love and both have a claim why wouldn t they just marry? 

The only reason I see for this is that a targ is needed to kill the night king somehow and to make jon more intersted in danny's decisions.

6 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

That is the exact thought I had about Arya speaking of Sansa, and actually when Cersei tells Euron how clever and craaazy he is, it felt like the script was trying to tell the viewer what we should be thinking in that scene. The Behind the Episodes are now part of the scripts.

Ah, is the Circle Jerk out yet?  I did say I'd try them again this year, emphasis on try.  I think those come once the episode hits OnDemand?

Archived