Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

1 minute ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Ok Also....Sam's family was terrible to him.... Why is he so upset?

I think it's Dickon especially that pushed him over the edge, but Randyll was an abusive POS. I guess people grieve differently, but Sam probably shouldn't have been as upset.

Just now, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Name ONE legit reason Sansa should dislike Dany in this way?!?!?

If she is soooooo smart then explain how this is smart!

She doesn t even know anything about danny. I don t think she gave a reason besides thinking she is pretty and that her brother is in love with her.

Jon gave plenty of good logical reason why they needed her. I hope in ep 3 someone will say that he was right and give him a cookie.

4 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Ok Also....Sam's family was terrible to him.... Why is he so upset?

He wasn't that upset about his father, but his brother never harmed him, so why shouldn't he be upset?  I thought that was a decent scene, well acted and giving us a sense that Dany's "justice" comes at a price of other casualties and harms.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

He wasn't that upset about his father, but his brother never harmed him, so why shouldn't he be upset?  I thought that was a decent scene, well acted and giving us a sense that Dany's "justice" comes at a price of other casualties and harms.

I also liked that jon didn t just say he wouldn t have done it or that it was wrong like her advisors thought at the time. I just hope that they don t take this into a jon vs danny because that would be incredibly dumb at this point.

5 minutes ago, Vaith said:

I think it's Dickon especially that pushed him over the edge, but Randyll was an abusive POS. I guess people grieve differently, but Sam probably shouldn't have been as upset.

Yeah, I can understand him being upset at Dickon, but Randyl, bitch please.  Maybe he needs a refresher from Brienne on what Randyl (was her out with lye) Tarly is really like.  O

Just now, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Yeah, I can understand him being upset at Dickon, but Randyl, bitch please.  Maybe he needs a refresher from Brienne on what Randyl (was her out with lye) Tarly is really like.  O

And got a Qartheen warlock to get him to bathe in goat's blood to make him strong!

Just now, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Judge Dredd of Tarth though might be upset about the executions.  She doesn't anyone cuttin' in on her action.

Well, I mean, let's be honest here.  Everyone should probably have evacuated South to Dragonstone...you know, an island, where the dead can't get to them and use that as their base of operations...you know, a place where dragons will be thriving, and not have marched North at all. Evacuate Winterfell and make your stand further South where the weather is better and more favorable for humans.  

Too bad "Yara" Greyjoy isn't running the war, because she's the only one who seems to remember that the dead can't cross the sea.

According to Benioff & Weiss we're supposed to sympathise with Dany for being "disrespected" by Sansa by being questioned about trivial things, like... provisions. Never mind that if she actually cared about helping people more than the throne, she wouldn't be so uppity about the Lady of Winterfell being, like... mildly discontented with her, while actually bending the knee to Dany and acknowledging her as queen in public. 

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Well, I mean, let's be honest here.  Everyone should probably have evacuated South to Dragonstone...you know, an island, where the dead can't get to them and use that as their base of operations...you know, a place where dragons will be thriving, and not have marched North at all. Evacuate Winterfell and make your stand further South where the weather is better and more favorable for humans.  

Too bad "Yara" Greyjoy isn't running the war, because she's the only one who seems to remember that the dead can't cross the sea.

Excellent point, I was just thinking the same thing.  They mentioned several times that the dead cant swim.  So seems like the answer is to leave the North and figure out a plan involving ships.

3 minutes ago, Vaith said:

According to Benioff & Weiss we're supposed to sympathise with Dany for being "disrespected" by Sansa by being questioned about trivial things, like... provisions. Never mind that if she actually cared about helping people more than the throne, she wouldn't be so uppity about the Lady of Winterfell being, like... mildly discontented with her, while actually bending the knee to Dany and acknowledging her as queen in public. 

Just creating a petty argument between them at all is stupid. It makes no sense and it's not important, just makes the women look bitchy and jealous of other pretty girls. It's just cliche and I hate it.

4 minutes ago, Vaith said:

Dany should have just said, "Hey look if thousands of men from the Vale can come waltzing into the North, without anyone noticing, then the last thing we need to worry about is pesky details, like logistics. And where was all this concern about the realities of war, when you know, didn't tell Jon about the about them? Like seriously?"

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

The battle should be at the neck/twins because it is the best chokehold to prevent the others from conquering westeros and has better weather than the north.

And if D&D are planing to make it possible for them to lose the war then they should have evacuated at least all the civilians. I just can t believe that they might lose the battle of winterfell when the entire north is there! If they lose the number of dead will skyrocket!

Just now, divica said:

The battle should be at the neck/twins because it is the best chokehold to prevent the others from conquering westeros and has better weather than the north.

And if D&D are planing to make it possible for them to lose the war then they should have evacuated at least all the civilians. I just can t believe that they might lose the battle of winterfell when the entire north is there! If they lose the number of dead will skyrocket!

I guess I can see the battle at WF because the audience is vested in this as the Stark home...but, since they threw in that bit about the dragons not eating because they're too far North..it's kind of screaming that it was a terrible idea to march North, which, stepping back, it clearly was. 

Just now, Cas Stark said:

I guess I can see the battle at WF because the audience is vested in this as the Stark home...but, since they threw in that bit about the dragons not eating because they're too far North..it's kind of screaming that it was a terrible idea to march North, which, stepping back, it clearly was. 

But the problem is that now they just can t lose the battle. The dead gaining all the people in the north and going south of the neck should make them unbeatable.

So either there will a deus ex machina way to kill all the dead or I would bet that the great cersei plan will be to have the golden company attack after they defeat the dead. 

Just now, divica said:

But the problem is that now they just can t lose the battle. The dead gaining all the people in the north and going south of the neck should make them unbeatable.

So either there will a deus ex machina way to kill all the dead or I would bet that the great cersei plan will be to have the golden company attack after they defeat the dead. 

The teaser seems to tell us that they will for sure lose the battle of WF and have to evacuate somewhere South.  So, all this marching North, BS bickering over titles, will have been for nothing.

7 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Ah, I see the forum is setup and switch up for season 8 and the show tonight.  I'm in the middle of reading an old Daily Beast article that they reposted today, while I skip in and out of today's season 7 reruns.  The article is basically about how messy GOT has become...........and it's a interesting take on it.  Considering LF and that stupid plot was in my face while reading the article, I found myself going:  YUP, LOL

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-game-of-thrones-got-so-damn-messy?via=twitter_page

Great article, and right on point. This is like Gilligan's Island level of drama. That's maybe being too harsh to Gilligan's Island.

I do wonder if there is a book reason why the Northern lords in the show are all disloyal backstabbers.  Glovers betrayed the Starks, then bent the knee again and promised to fight, and now a couple of episodes later, they tell their liege lord to fuck off a second?third? time.  Or, maybe it's to remind us, that when Jon finally dies, it didn't matter, because he sucked as a leader? Or? is it totally random?

Archived