Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

35 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Yes agreed, making it about Jon vs Dany very first thing was awful. It should have been all about Jon and Lyanna and Ned and Rhaegar. Lots more talking to fill in the storyline in Jon's head. I just dont like how the show makes the characters focus on the immaterial when there are FAR more important things going on all around them.

I think that sam was making it about danny's claim while jon was making it about ned lieing to him. I think jon was pretty shaken by the end of the scene and he was only responding to sam that was butt hurt because danny burned his familly.

I hope a part of next episode will exploring how jon feels about growing up a bastard, joining the nw and his siblings being his cousins because of neds lies rather than a claim issue. I think we have seen enough times that the king is the one with more soldiers and jon barely has the wildlings and northern with him….

Hell, I would even like to have jon talking about telling the thruth so that the tension between the northerns and targs lessen. At least the part about lyanna not being kidanpped. THAT would be smart.

Really confused by the Jon/Dany thing. Not even any googly eyes this time. I think both of them have stepped up with their acting, so...I dunno. It's in the writing, too. 

Jon hated riding Rhaegal the whole time. Kit even made those I'm gonna throw up noises. Then it looked like he got fed up and found a place to land complete with a weird look from Dany. Dany says they could stay 1000 years and Jon gives the very romantic response of "we'll get old" or something. Then he says it's too cold for a southern girl which sounded like def not doing the 1000 year thing, let's get back to WF. Dany says to warm her up, he hesitates and isn't into that kiss much. Granted the dragons were staring, but if that was their one scene to set a tone, it was so off. 

And then during Jon's reveal, his reactions were all about Ned not being his father and the king thing. His feelings about Dany didn't seem to factor in there at all. 

I hate Jonerys and would love for it to fall flat, but this feels like a retcon or something. 

And by making Jon kneel, she made him completely inappropriate for marriage. He's just the bastard of Winterfell again and like Lyanna said, pretty much nothing. She's the dragon lady and can marry whom she wants, but there's technically no advantage in the match any more. 

No idea what they're doing here. 

Just now, Lollygag said:

Really confused by the Jon/Dany thing. Not even any googly eyes this time. I think both of them have stepped up with their acting, so...I dunno. It's in the writing, too. 

Jon hated riding Rhaegal the whole time. Kit even made those I'm gonna throw up noises. Then it looked like he got fed up and found a place to land complete with a weird look from Dany. Dany says they could stay 1000 years and Jon gives the very romantic response of "we'll get old" or something. Then he says it's too cold for a southern girl which sounded like def not doing the 1000 year thing, let's get back to WF. Dany says to warm her up, he hesitates and isn't into that kiss much. Granted the dragons were staring, but if that was their one scene to set a tone, it was so off. 

And then during Jon's reveal, his reactions were all about Ned not being his father and the king thing. His feelings about Dany didn't seem to factor in there at all. 

I hate Jonerys and would love for it to fall flat, but this feels like a retcon or something. 

And by making Jon kneel, she made him completely inappropriate for marriage. He's just the bastard of Winterfell again and like Lyanna said, pretty much nothing. She's the dragon lady and can marry whom she wants, but there's technically no advantage in the match any more. 

I just disliked the concept of them going off into the icy wilderness romantically, saying they could stay there forever... while, you know, the Others have just breached the Wall and could corner them at any moment!

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yes, they are by a long shot.  The North Remembers How to Betray their Liege Lord.  Again and again and again.  

It is funny that they start their backstabing ways in season 1 or 2 when they know that stannis is the rightful king but decide to name robb king in the north. I don t k know if there is a season when the northerns are portrayed as noble people...

Just now, Vaith said:

I just disliked the concept of them going off into the icy wilderness romantically, saying they could stay there forever... while, you know, the Others have just breached the Wall and could corner them at any moment!

And apparently risk killing Jon in the process. Because that wouldn't cause any problems or anything. 

2 minutes ago, divica said:

It is funny that they start their backstabing ways in season 1 or 2 when they know that stannis is the rightful king but decide to name robb king in the north. I don t k know if there is a season when the northerns are portrayed as noble people...

Actually i think most recognize Joffrey as The legal heir to Robert. The incest thing was more like a gossip...

Just now, Vaith said:

Did you not compare it to the cave scenes with Ygritte?  I felt like we were meant to.  One was warm and romantic and they are naked,  and Jon was truly engaged with Ygritte.   They said something like staying there forever, or let's never leave.  With Dany, they are in a cold, wide expanse, covered with SNOW, 300 layers of clothing, and the comment is said that they could stay there forever.  

I thought the comparison was meant to show us Jon's state of mind.  He is in the embrace of a major crush that is going to crash to the ground once he realizes who Dany really is. 

3 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

I think you are wrong about the riding part. He started afraid and unsure and then got the hang of it. But after they landed it was pretty weird… The scene of them talking in winterfell was better.

And I don t think his feelings for danny have anything to do about him finding out about his parents. That part should be all about himself and ned. Afterwards he can start thinking about her and rhaegar and what it all means. It is one of the things I am more curious about. What is jon going to do in the next ep…

I hope he talks with somebody. He just found out his intire life was a lie and his siblings aren t even his siblings. Not to mention the whole lyanna abduction being false. He should talk with either arya, sansa or danny so that we can understand what he is thinking...

2 minutes ago, joaozinm said:

Actually i think most recognize Joffrey as The legal heir to Robert. The incest thing was more like a gossip…

No. Robb literally says that stannis is the rightful king and his bannermen say that they don t want a Southern king and that they bowed to the dragons. Not the stag...

Jon riding a Dragon should have been all tied in with him finding out he is Targaryen, Dany's Relative, the Heir and on the other side it should have been a huge moment for Dany. To realize she is not alone, she has family and that the guy she is in love with was obviously who she was meant to be with because Targ's belong together, her parents were siblings as well as her grandparents. It's just lame AF that D&D didn't do ANY of that right. It all just happened by coincidence and accident and had no deeper meaning at all. :angry:

Just now, divica said:

I think you are wrong about the riding part. He started afraid and unsure and then got the hang of it. But after they landed it was pretty weird… The scene of them talking in winterfell was better.

And I don t think his feelings for danny have anything to do about him finding out about his parents. That part should be all about himself and ned. Afterwards he can start thinking about her and rhaegar and what it all means. It is one of the things I am more curious about. What is jon going to do in the next ep…

I hope he talks with somebody. He just found out his intire life was a lie and his siblings aren t even his siblings. Not to mention the whole lyanna abduction being false. He should talk with either arya, sansa or danny so that we can understand what he is thinking...

If you get the chance, go back and watch his face and especially listen to his noises. He should have a bad reaction to screwing his aunt and that this is a problem for their relationship. 

Can we pretty well assume Tyrion is betraying the Starks/Dany since otherwise he serves no other purpose at this point?

He, Davos and Varys basically just walk around and make comments and jokes about being short, old or lacking testicles.

3 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

If you get the chance, go back and watch his face and especially listen to his noises. He should have a bad reaction to screwing his aunt and that this is a problem for their relationship. 

In westeros culture banging his aunt shouldn t be awkward. You just have to remember that aerys married his sister...

But what I am saying is that at the moment of the reveal danny should be the last thing on his mind. The man he idolized lied to him his entire life, he went to the Wall because he was a bastard, he had familly in essos that ned never told him about, he didn t deserve cat's hatred, he never was a bastard, his siblings are his cousins…

This should come much earlier than any concern about his relationship with danny. His intire life is a lie! 

He should only think about danny and the politcal ramifications of the reveal afterwards. And I don t even know if she should be the first person he talks to because it is also a huge shock for her that completly changes the persona she has constructed.

4 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

Can we pretty well assume Tyrion is betraying the Starks/Dany since otherwise he serves no other purpose at this point?

He, Davos and Varys basically just walk around and make comments and jokes about being short, old or lacking testicles.

Tyrion got that Bran stare after Sansa called him out for believing Cersei, so I think something's up.

---------------------

It looks like Bran is hording tons of info and keeping it to himself. It's like Sansa hiding the Vale Knights from Jon x1000. Also, his we don't have time for this lecture reminded me of that guy at parties who kills the mood every time which totally reminded me of this:

20 minutes ago, divica said:

In westeros culture banging his aunt shouldn t be awkward. You just have to remember that aerys married his sister...

But what I am saying is that at the moment of the reveal danny should be the last thing on his mind. The man he idolized lied to him his entire life, he went to the Wall because he was a bastard, he had familly in essos that ned never told him about, he didn t deserve cat's hatred, he never was a bastard, his siblings are his cousins…

This should come much earlier than any concern about his relationship with danny. His intire life is a lie! 

He should only think about danny and the politcal ramifications of the reveal afterwards. And I don t even know if she should be the first person he talks to because it is also a huge shock for her that completly changes the persona she has constructed.

If aunt/nephew & uncle/niece marriages were ok, they'd happen a lot more often. Victarion thinks about marrying Asha for a power play (incest and pseudo incest are always tied to some sort of backwards/short-sighted thinking) and he grosses himself out. 

I'll leave the rest. as too much of this subject starts to make me nauseous. 

34 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

No, I don't think so although I agree those 3 are left under-used now. He and Varys might head back South to see off Cercei.

Ghost does not appear until the final scene of the final episode. King Jon is sitting on his throne then a poorly cropped photo of a husky appears in front of him.

Jon: Hi, Ghost. You look like you've got something to say. Do you?

Ghost: Yes, I certainly do. I have to go now. My planet needs me.

It cuts to a slide saying Note: Ghost died on his way back to his home planet

Archived