Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Hahahaha, exactly.  :lmao:

Him and his 20 Good Men, LOL 

Ramsay in his silk pants and no shirt, ranting like a Bond villain, jangling his keys, while he lets the dogs out and a room full of iron born wearing leather and  mail and no one takes a shot at him, and they end up chased away like little kids, remains one of my top stupid.as.fuck. GOT scenes.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

Ramsay in his silk pants and no shirt, ranting like a Bond villain, jangling his keys, while he lets the dogs out and a room full of iron born wearing leather and  mail and no one takes a shot at him, and they end up chased away like little kids, remains one of my top stupid.as.fuck. GOT scenes.

All this Shirtless Ramsey and his jangling keys while he speechifies reminds me of something else I've noticed of late in the reruns.  During battles and stuff, there is too much all of the sudden everything stopping or coming to a slow mo halt to linger too much on looks between people and all.  I noticed it in Battle of The Bastards and Beyond the Wall and with Benjen stopping for Jon in sorta slow mo.  I'm sure there will be lots of it in the big battles coming up.  Still, it is hard to beat the Iron Born running from Shirtless Rams and his keys, LOL 

7 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

So, should we take on odds on Dany ready to tell she's preggers (and showing a bit in that outfit) while Jon is weighing telling her that they are related?  Or, is it all just Clapton's CrayCray Costuming? 

It's not even as ambiguous as the infamous Season 6 Sansa promo, tbh. #TeamAwkwardDress here, but no guarantee that Dany won't be pregnant either, I guess. 

15 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Dany will 100% get pregnant.  The question is, will she know it before or after the big battle.

9 minutes ago, divica said:

Does she have enough time to know she is pregnant?

They took less than a month to get north...

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Did they actually say that?  I can't recall. 

It's fine, Baby Sam stayed a 1 year old for 4 years before suddenly turning into a large toddler; Dany can be 9 months pregnant at the end of Ep2 and nobody will bat an eyelid. ;)

13 minutes ago, Vaith said:

It's fine, Baby Sam stayed a 1 year old for 4 years before suddenly turning into a large toddler; Dany can be 9 months pregnant at the end of Ep2 and nobody will bat an eyelid. ;)

I almost miss Perpetual Baby Sam, LOL 

3 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I almost miss Perpetual Baby Sam, LOL 

Also if Dany is pregnant (and even if she's not) why is she not marrying Jon pronto? I mean this is a world where being obviously romantic and unmarried would be more taboo than marriage after 2 days. 

The reason she broke up with Daario was to make political alliances in Westeros. Marrying Jon would solve her issue of apparently not being respected enough by the North as she'd have a northerner as her husband. And it would change Jon's position from being "nothing" (per Lyanna) to the monarch's consort. 

And aside from Tyrion or Robert Arryn, Jon's really the only option she has... and since he's not a head of house any more, any kids would likely take the Targaryen name. 

20 minutes ago, divica said:

At the end of season 7 they say they will take 15 days to reach winterfell. My only doubt is if it is from dragonstone or white arbor.

Ah, that means I'd have to check that prep scene on Dragonstone from last season's finale.  I may take a look eventually because I am pretty certain the Dragon Pit scene with Jon pointing out Dany could be wrong about her infertility was for signalling a pregnancy this season. 

15 minutes ago, Vaith said:

Also if Dany is pregnant (and even if she's not) why is she not marrying Jon pronto? I mean this is a world where being obviously romantic and unmarried would be more taboo than marriage after 2 days. 

The reason she broke up with Daario was to make political alliances in Westeros. Marrying Jon would solve her issue of apparently not being respected enough by the North as she'd have a northerner as her husband. And it would change Jon's position from being "nothing" (per Lyanna) to the monarch's consort. 

And aside from Tyrion or Robert Arryn, Jon's really the only option she has... and since he's not a head of house any more, any kids would likely take the Targaryen name. 

I guess it helps that, unlike in the books with Marg, it wouldn't matter about 'checking Dany' for virginity as she doesn't claim to be one, she is a widow that has lost a baby.  But yes, she couldn't expect to get away with a super showy belly.  The dragons might leave more room for maneuvering than usual in such a situation, though.

Also, totally different subject, sort of, but.......what are we to think about Rhaegal now?  Is he, and I still think she's a she but I digress, is Rhaegal bonded to Jon or both of them, or only Dany?  Is it different for these dragons considering that Dany hatched them in different manner than had been done before?  Viserion doesn't answer the question because he is no longer a living, normal dragon. Confused?  I'm betting we will still be, after the next episode of Soap, I mean Game of Thrones, LOL

PS........I loved the show Soap, that's not a diss on them.  I'm sure that Soap would answer such a question. 

So in the photos released in promos, it looks like Bran now has a fully modernized wheelchair, just without rubber wheels?  That struck me as odd.

Are we allowed to rant about merchandising here?  Well, I guess I'm gonna, and the mods can feel free to edit it out if they like.

I didn't complain about the wines, ridiculous though they may be.  I didn't complain about the oreos, because hey, they're charging normal prices for 'em so who cares.  But I will complain about the Fender Custom Shop Game of Thones House Guitars.  It offends me as both a guitarist and a GoT fan.  Especially that they're custom shop instruments starting at, get this, $25,000 and up.  I saw pricing for one of them over $30,000.  Really?  Who's going to pay that kinda money that isn't high, stoned, so rich they can't see the guitar over their stacks of money or so stupid that they believe it will give them a huge return on investment somewhere down the line?  Depreciation on those is going to be BRUTAL when people get over their starry-eyed view of the final season and realize what a travesty has occurred here.

Which leads me to the bright side.  If any of them appealed to me, I'll probably be able to pick one up in a pawn shop in twenty years for a couple Benjamins.  I mean, whoever is paying new price now is definitely smoking something that costs 'em, and eventually they'll have to sell it to get that fix.

OK, now back to the show:

I'm very hopeful we'll see some much needed death soon, though it's looking like we're going to have to go through a farce trial for Jamie first, where they'll all come at him guns blazing the whole trial, then pat him on the back and welcome him to the fray because reasons.  Hopefully he'll just tell everybody they're too stupid to team up with and ride off into the sunset.

I agree, the merchandising and marketing seems like they said yes to anything and everything, there isn't any kind of actual 'branding' methodology behind anything....which I guess since this is the last season, it would certainly max out the $$$ for everyone involved, but is kind of a shame.

Archived