Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

1 minute ago, Vaith said:

I think Jaime's defense of killing Aerys because of potential wildfire is actually less coherent when... he supported Cersei for an entire season after she ACTUALLY used wildfire to kill the High Septon, queen, and Lord of Highgarden, as well as her own uncle and cousin and many other courtiers. 

Oh, you!  There you go being all logical again.  It'd be awesome if that mattered at all:)

57 minutes ago, Vaith said:

I think Jaime's defense of killing Aerys because of potential wildfire is actually less coherent when... he supported Cersei for an entire season after she ACTUALLY used wildfire to kill the High Septon, queen, and Lord of Highgarden, as well as her own uncle and cousin and many other courtiers. 

That is very interesting point.

If he talks about it I would like for it go along these lines:

Jaime: I killed aerys because he wanted to burn KL.

someone 1: Wasn t it because you, your father and all his men were in the city? were you trying to save the people of KL or the lannisters?

someone2: And when cersei burned the sept with tons of innocents? Why didn t you stop her?

On 4/17/2019 at 3:37 PM, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Jon Snow trying to get to the bottom of his DNA results from 23 and me?  LOL

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/jon-snow-emails-23andme-about-his-dna-results

Thank you, thank you for sharing this. Well worth the read :lol:

7 minutes ago, divica said:

That is very interesting point.

If he talks about it I would like for it go along these lines:

Jaime: I killed aerys because he wanted to burn KL.

someone 1: Wasn t it because you, your father and all his men were in the city? were you trying to save the people of KL or the lannisters?

someone2: And when cersei burned the sept with tons of innocents? Why didn t you stop her?

1 minute ago, Nowy Tends said:

The problem is this crime was never mentioned by anyone in the series. It's like no one noticed…

Also, if this does end up being some sort of trial (instead of just an accusation fest) wouldn't it be a pretty huge assumption that Jaime knew Cercei was going to blow up the sept?:dunno:

Just now, Prince of the North said:

Also, if this does end up being some sort of trial (instead of just an accusation fest) wouldn't it be a pretty huge assumption that Jaime knew Cercei was going to blow up the sept?:dunno:

Not to mention, he wasn't even there when it happened.  I expect him to be called out on not complaining about it or enabling her afterwards, but then again I'm not sure it'll really come up.  The Doucheberry Bros don't much like to address their own inconsistencies. 

4 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

The problem is this crime was never mentioned by anyone in the series. It's like no one noticed…

I think tyrion talks about it when he tries to persuade randyll. But yes, nobody seems to care about it… However danny burning 2 people is turning out to be very important!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

I think it is an easy assumption from other people pov that jaimie was cersei's most trusted advisor and that he knew all her plans...

5 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Thank you, thank you for sharing this. Well worth the read :lol:

That was great wasn't it.  A little fun is always a plus. 

I only wonder if Aegon and his brother Aegon will come up in this DNA equation. 

Just now, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Not to mention, he wasn't even there when it happened.  I expect him to be called out on not complaining about it or enabling her afterwards, but then again I'm not sure it'll really come up.  The Doucheberry Bros don't much like to address their own inconsistencies. 

Exactly!  Those details are so...like, last season!  Nobody remembers or cares about any of that!:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, divica said:

I think tyrion talks about it when he tries to persuade randyll. But yes, nobody seems to care about it… However danny burning 2 people is turning out to be very important!!!!!

Funny how that works, isn't it?

I think it is an easy assumption from other people pov that jaimie was cersei's most trusted advisor and that he knew all her plans...

That's why I said "if this turns out to be some sort of trial".  People could certainly jump to that conclusion and make that accusation...but there'd be absolutely no proof of it (not that Sansa et al. would necessarily need any proof but still...)  

Somehow, Cersei blowing up the Sept and countless high ranking officials, people and family members is seen as a win because reasons.

Somehow Danny offing two people who were given two other options, and insisted on death, and were aligned with the person that blew up the Sept because who knows why is bad, way bad, bad Danny because reasons.

I just want the writing to reflect the intelligence of D&D during this scene.

Arya pointing at Jamie: YOU BAD MAN!

Sansa pointing at Jamie: VERY BAD MAN!

Random others pointing at Jamie: VERY VERY BAD MAN!

Danny smirking: You did bad.  I like bad.  We good.

Crowd cheers!

I mean, let's just forget about trying to write dialog.  We know it doesn't matter anyway.

58 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

55 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I mean, Hot Pie knows that Cersei was responsible and he's at the Inn at the Crossroads. It's not hard to guess that most people know that she is behind it, and there is sufficient evidence to think everyone in KL knew she was.

Jaime is definitely a hypocrite by not becoming the King-and-Queenslayer the moment he got back to KL, saw the smouldering sept and Cersei on the throne. 

Guys, serioisly... are you actually trying to figure out what would/wouldn't make sense? Have you gone mad? 

Who would know, who wouldn't... it will all boil down to whatever makes sense, creatively speaking, of course! :lol:

On 4/16/2019 at 9:36 PM, kissdbyfire said:

(...)

10. Bran and Jaime
This was the record-scratch ending of the episode: Bran and Jaime laying eyes on each other for the first time since Jaime tossed Bran out a window, paralyzing him, in the show’s first episode. It would pack more punch if Bran was still Bran, and not a monotonous, all-seeing automaton. 

It is more about Jaime than Bran I think.

IHW said about it: 

"you know, I'm not sure. In a sense, it's just so irrelevant to Bran, really. His sole focus is that he wants the living to survive. He's on the side of the living. He's the ancient arch-nemesis of the Night King. He's so far beyond any petty squabbling or wanting to get revenge or a comeuppance on someone. He doesn't view the world like that anymore. He just views things as timelines that intersect and have to end up in certain places. I think from a story point of view, it's amazing to see it happen. Me, as Isaac? I was thrilled to see that reunion, because it's such a poignant moment, and such a cool thing for Jaime to come back here and realize that Bran is not Bran anymore — he's fucking terrifying. In terms of Bran, though? I don't think he really cares. It's just not on his list of priorities"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-final-season-premiere-bran-ending-explained-1201371

I really miss my sweet summer child :( He died with Summer probably :crying::crying:

On 4/17/2019 at 9:30 PM, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Thank you, and I come bearing gifts as well.  Or, pictures, LOL

https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/17/game-of-thrones-releases-photos-from-season-8-episode-2/

The is the second time that this 'new' pic of Dany in this new outfit has been shown, I think.  I only notice because not for the first time have I wondered..................does she have a little baby bump?  Is that what her arm is kinda cradling?  It might just be the bad angle or Clapton's CrayCray Costuming, but I wonder if it's possible?  I'm guessing only a few days at the most may have passed between episode 1 and the picture, but we haven't really seen Dany in form fitting clothes.  We really haven't seen her out of heavy furs, have we?  Plus, we know Jon and Dany have been at it at least since some time before the boat hit White Harbor. 

22 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I almost miss Perpetual Baby Sam, LOL 

Little Sam is starting to become very big!

47 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Guys, serioisly... are you actually trying to figure out what would/wouldn't make sense? Have you gone mad? 

Who would know, who wouldn't... it will all boil down to whatever makes sense, creatively speaking, of course! :lol:

Hey, I resemble that remark, LOL 

I'm not quite mad, well, not THAT type of mad, just a bit bored.  ;)

3 hours ago, Vaith said:

I mean, Hot Pie knows that Cersei was responsible and he's at the Inn at the Crossroads. It's not hard to guess that most people know that she is behind it, and there is sufficient evidence to think everyone in KL knew she was.

Jaime is definitely a hypocrite by not becoming the King-and-Queenslayer the moment he got back to KL, saw the smouldering sept and Cersei on the throne. 

Um, this doesn't make sense.  The accusation would be something along the lines of "If you killed Aerys to prevent him burning KL and killing a lot of people, why didn't you kill Cercei for the same reason?"  To which Jaime would honestly answer "I wasn't there at the time and so I didn't know Cercei was going to blow up the sept and kill a bunch of people".  Then the follow-up would probably be, as you say, "Well, why didn't you kill Cercei when you found out?"  And Jaime's logical answer would be "Well, the dastardly deed was already done and, unlike Brienne, I am not judge, jury, and executioner!":P

3 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

So, so right!:)

4 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Um, this doesn't make sense.  The accusation would be something along the lines of "If you killed Aerys to prevent him burning KL and killing a lot of people, why didn't you kill Cercei for the same reason?"  To which Jaime would honestly answer "I wasn't there at the time and so I didn't know Cercei was going to blow up the sept and kill a bunch of people".  Then the follow-up would probably be, as you say, "Well, why didn't you kill Cercei when you found out?"  And Jaime's logical answer would be "Well, the dastardly deed was already done and, unlike Brienne, I am not judge, jury, and executioner!":P

And show Dany would most certainly not buy the final proposed explanation as a valid answer. ;)

50 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Plus she is my Sister/Lover/Perma bootycall, is carrying my new baby ?, and I was shit scared of Frankengregor.

Archived