Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

I had a weird thought as I went through my morning routine today on auto-pilot and let my mind wander.  Maybe the Bronn with the whores scene was actually a brilliant commentary on something they weren't quite smart enough to telegraph for us.  Which would be weird since they are such big fans of telling and not showing things, which is a big story telling 101 no-no, but I digress.

All it would have taken is one line from Bronn as the girls chattered about nonsense while servicing him about how the quality of the whores in Kings Landing sure has declined since Creepy Finger disappeared and suddenly that scene has a purpose.  A shitty, degrading, ridiculous purpose, but that would have upgraded it over all but three to four seconds of the rest of the episode into "actual meaning."

1 minute ago, Dragons Are Real said:

I had a weird thought as I went through my morning routine today on auto-pilot and let my mind wander.  Maybe the Bronn with the whores scene was actually a brilliant commentary on something they weren't quite smart enough to telegraph for us.  Which would be weird since they are such big fans of telling and not showing things, which is a big story telling 101 no-no, but I digress.

All it would have taken is one line from Bronn as the girls chattered about nonsense while servicing him about how the quality of the whores in Kings Landing sure has declined since Creepy Finger disappeared and suddenly that scene has a purpose.  A shitty, degrading, ridiculous purpose, but that would have upgraded it over all but three to four seconds of the rest of the episode into "actual meaning."

I mean they were pretty unprofessional in gossiping about Ed Sheeran getting his face burned off when they had a client there. ;)

16 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

The problem is this crime was never mentioned by anyone in the series. It's like no one noticed…

JFC to this....... no one ever mentioned it. How dumb is that?

Remind me, does jaime know Cersei is pregnant?

He left her because she conspired with Euron without telling him correct?  So that was bad enough to leave her, but blowing up the sept with the pope and hundreds of people inside was not bad enough for him right? No way he can logically explain this reasoning to the Northern Council--No. Fucking. Way.Can.He.Explain.This

So my guess is that it wont even come up.  Dany will grill Jaime abt killing her father and that will be the end of it because Brienne and Tyrion will vouche for him. And possibly the Hound, idfk

16 hours ago, divica said:

I think tyrion talks about it when he tries to persuade randyll. But yes, nobody seems to care about it… However danny burning 2 people is turning out to be very important!!!!!

I think it is an easy assumption from other people pov that jaimie was cersei's most trusted advisor and that he knew all her plans...

yes this is so dumb it make me want to throw up. Dany killed 2 idiots who could have lived but chose to die out of [2 day old] loyalty to the pope-killer.  So lets all boo her while every other idiot left alive on the show has killed A LOT more Westerosi than she has and they all walk away blameless.:thumbsdown:

41 minutes ago, Vaith said:

I mean they were pretty unprofessional in gossiping about Ed Sheeran getting his face burned off when they had a client there. ;)

btw, I wonder how severely burned/wounded Lannister soldiers managed to return to KL? With the help of the Dothraki Red Cross? Or the Unsullied Ambulance Service?

5 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Remind me, does jaime know Cersei is pregnant?

He left her because she conspired with Euron without telling him correct?  So that was bad enough to leave her, but blowing up the sept with the pope and hundreds of people inside was not bad enough for him right? No way he can logically explain this reasoning to the Northern Council--No. Fucking. Way.Can.He.Explain.This

Yes, he was the first person she revealed the pregnancy to.

I think it was "not helping against the White Walkers" rather than conspiring against Euron.

17 hours ago, Vaith said:

Yes, he was the first person she revealed the pregnancy to.

I think it was "not helping against the White Walkers" rather than conspiring against Euron.

Yup, Jaime said he gave his word to go North and fight for the living, and that is what he intends to do.

"They remember what happened last time Targaryens brought dragons north."

So they remember when Good Queen Alysanne visited the Night's Watch 250 years ago, or when Jacaerys Velaryon got them to fight for the Blacks 170 years ago?

Or do they think that Aerys burned Rickard and Brandon at Winterfell with dragons? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the latter is true, given that I believe Coggers said it was Dany herself who burned Brandon and Rickard at one point....

Jaime's judgement:

accused of several crimes. Responds: "im not going to apologize". 

Brienne (not even a knight) says: "he is a man of honour"

Everybody: well, its fine then. jump aboard.

Why people keep thinking Tyrion is the most clever man in the universe? Not a single good advice he gave since he joined Dany.

Sansa and Dany building conflict again. This time it made even less sense. "winterfell is yours" and "my queen" throw in the garbage.

Also, nice time for a rebellion or something like this.

A lot of reunions just to tell that some of characters will soon die.

Another mastermind plan: put the guy on the wheelchair beside a tree and expect the Night king himself to come by and ambush him.

If they are trying to overcome the stupidy of the "zombie quest on the wall" they are getting real close.

Brienne's knighthood part made no sense at all but i liked it.

Arya and gendry romance and a sex scene. Maisie Williams ass... That's more than i can handle, really.

Jon's revelation to Dany, oh crap.

Rhaegar was never known as a rapist among the targaryens and loyalists, so the apologize made no sense.

When Jon said it how he come to know made it more clear that none of the 2 ways (Sam's and Bran's) will happen in the books. It looks just too stupidy.

Whitewalker interrupt, thank the old gods!

11 hours ago, Vaith said:

Anyone else wondering when Melisandre will show up again? I forgot about her showing up at Dragonstone, but she said she'd have to come back to Westeros to die...

At dawn, look to the East.  She'll be there with some kind of Volantis/Essos army.  

41 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

At dawn, look to the East.  She'll be there with some kind of Volantis/Essos army.  

HA!  She'll probably be wearing white as well!:P

And, yes, the "pardoning" of Jaime was beyond stupid.  If nothing else, instead of only "vouching" for Jaime they should have had Brienne reveal that Aerys was going to burn KL and kill thousands.  I mean, they all know about "Mad King Aerys" so those circumstances wouldn't come as a complete surprise but people also believe what they want to believe.  Maybe have Dany simply get up and walk out after hearing it?  Have her seem conflicted?  I don't know, but something like that would have been a bit better anyway.

As far as GOT goes for the last few seasons--that episode was not bad.

Obviously all the usual stuff from D&D that bothers me but there was a lot of decent dialogue and story in Ep. 2

I cried when Brienne got knighted by Jaime, that's amazing!!!

Arya and Gendry what!!!! Masie is hiding a hot body under all those ugly-ass Arya clothes!!!

Jon and Dany is still pissing me off....Why is the only thing either of them care about the IT? Wouldnt they both be happy to have each other? coldn't all their problems be fixed by just getting married?that whole thing is dumb. Also dumb is Sansa being so mad and insolent towards Dany. Ned Stark was Warden in the North for Sansa's entire life, now that's not good enough for her anymore?  The only reason they wanted to be a separate nation is because of the Lannister/Baratheon reign of terror, now that Dany is in charge and the houses are aligned why is it such a big deal anymore?  There's only like 5 kids under the age of 14 running all the houses in the North at this point anyway, I think joining the 7 kingdoms would be well advised.

7 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

The only reason they wanted to be a separate nation is because of the Lannister/Baratheon reign of terror, now that Dany is in charge

they can worry about Dany’s reign of terror? :lol:

5 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

but from Sansa's POV dany and Jon are in love. so if they get married then what does the North have to worry about? I'm Saying Sansa should not be acting like this.

Yup. But most characters shouldn’t be acting like they are. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Once again, the best performance is delivered by Nicolaj Coster Waldau (he has some of the best dialogues, it surely helps!)

In my humble opinion.

Yes! his scene's are the best!!!  I really felt like it was Book Jaime and Book Brienne last night :)

I try to put my showrunner mentality hat on, but I can't figure out if Dany is supposed to be annoying with her single minded obsession with the IT, or if this is the show's idea of a ruthless, badass leader.

It would have been nice if they had maintained at least one Dothraki as a secondary character so we could have gotten a scene with the Dothraki as they prepare for battle, but I guess they're just cannon fodder now.

While we're ranting I need to get this off my chest: people's crazy theories are driving me insane.  Mostly because I know that D&D pay attention to crazy ass fan theories and try to integrate them whenever they can because they think it's fun.

The one I heard that tossed me over the edge this weekend is that Danny will win the Iron Throne and then tear it down, giving the power back to the general population with some form of democracy or republic.  And I got this chill in my bones.  The type of chill that comes from realizing the show runners are exactly that stupid.  After several seasons of Bend the Knee or Die (TM, all rights reserved), Danny would get what she has been obsessed with for all this time, and immediately abdicate and hand the power over to the people with some big speech about breaking the wheel.

By the old gods and the new, if that happens I'll...I'll... probably rant even more than I already have.

It's not just how stupid this show has become.  It's how the audience seems to get stupider as the show continues its downward slide through mediocrity and into oblivion.

I'd be much happier with the original fan theory.  After the dust settles, all humans dead, the Night King in charge, a dusty iron throne sits alone in an empty room, Ser Pounce climbs into it and begins to take a bath.  Fade to black.

Archived