Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

25 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

It’s not you, they’re uber boring. Yawn.

Also hated Sansa’s outfit, her collar and leash or whatever that is, it’s hideous. Dany’s was bad too. I think? I remember not linking it when I watched, but can’t remember what it looked like anymore. :lol:

That’s the thing w/ GoT, it’s so damn forgettable... 

I just don't understand what makes them likeable, or aat least at this point. Jon has lost his own personality, behaves almost robotically. Dany has lost the layers she had on the first seasons and now acts as a little posh girl who pretends to know about everything

Sansa's armour is just beyond this world. Arya's and Bran's outfits make sense but why would Sansa wear an armour? It's just absurd. She is not Brienne. And that circle or whatever it is....

11 minutes ago, divica said:

I think the problem is that they decided to cut howland reed from the show because of reasons. And now they didn t know how to bring her back without her father...

But yes, I think these are 2 awful decisions...

But she was there already! She’s been w/ Bran since what, s2? It makes no sense, it’s stupid to toss her out like that for no reason. Especially when everyone is there already. 

29 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I’m actually pretty pissed off about Meera not being there. We have literally every character still alive there, minus Cersei and Qyburn (the Mountain doesn’t count), and they leave her out? WTF. Why? She actually belongs there, unlike several others. 

She had saod she needed to return home for when they came. Okaym...they are here and Bran is at peril! And why did they show us about Howland? It makes no sense whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

But she was there already! She’s been w/ Bran since what, s2? It makes no sense, it’s stupid to toss her out like that for no reason. Especially when everyone is there already. 

It is related to how they handled r+l=j... With meera they would need to bring howland and actually have a scene about howland talking of the past...

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

She had saod she needed to return home for when they came. Okaym...they are here and Bran is at peril! And why did they show us about Howland? It makes no sense whatsoever.

I didn’t remember that. Like I said, so damn forgettable it isn’t even funny.

But the point is, she said that b/c the writers decided they didn’t need/want her anymore. :dunno: 

And yup, makes no sense, aka GoT. 

1 minute ago, divica said:

It is related to how they handled r+l=j... With meera they would need to bring howland and actually have a scene about howland talking of the past...

I don’t see why they would have to bring in Howland? And even so, just have a raven arrive w/ news that he died, or run away from home, or anything. It would be super simple to solve. 

1 hour ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

I think somebody speculated that in the books, the stand will take place at Harrenhal and not Winterfell, it’s big enough to store a huge human army, and close to the isle of faces where the COTF can come in to save the day.

Harrenhal makes sense in the books.

In the TV show? It's gotta be King's Landing.

The dire question that’s been burning a hole in our hearts like Red Rahloo to a tree. 

Can you cast/smelt obsidian? 

Just happened to have this video pop up in YouTube (feeding those spiderbots, I guess?). It’s about 15 minutes long and... well, I don’t want to spoil anything. 

Spoiler

After several attempts, and a multi step process, and having to move to a glasssmith shop, it doesn’t work. 

8 hours ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

I think somebody speculated that in the books, the stand will take place at Harrenhal and not Winterfell, it’s big enough to store a huge human army, and close to the isle of faces where the COTF can come in to save the day.

7 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Harrenhal makes sense in the books.

In the TV show? It's gotta be King's Landing.

Every bad thing manages to find it's way and happen at Harrenhal.  So, I can see that happening. 

14 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

The dire question that’s been burning a hole in our hearts like Red Rahloo to a tree. 

Just happened to have this video pop up in YouTube (feeding those spiderbots, I guess?). It’s about 15 minutes long and... well, I don’t want to spoil anything. 

Hide contents

After several attempts, and a multi step process, and having to move to a glasssmith shop, it doesn’t work. 

I had to go check youtube just to see when this video was made, if it was made in response to Gendry, Smelter of Stone, and the answer is no, it was made last year.  I do wonder if all the views are thanks to the show, though. 

11 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I didn’t remember that. Like I said, so damn forgettable it isn’t even funny.

But the point is, she said that b/c the writers decided they didn’t need/want her anymore. :dunno: 

And yup, makes no sense, aka GoT. 

Yes, she said that, sniff :(

she said it to make the scene more sad

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, she said that, sniff :(

she said it to make the scene more sad

Yes. And Ellie Kendrick (Meera) played the scene perfectly, without pathos. In this episode the writers missed an exciting scene opportunity: Sansa welcoming and thanking Meera and trying to understand why this girl and her brother HAD to take Bran behind the Wall, etc.

And now they miss another opportunity: Meera coming back in Winterfell to help the living… It'd make sense and hey everyone loves Meera!

On 4/14/2019 at 10:56 AM, Cas Stark said:

why would they go out of their way to lure Lancel to the underground area, where he came within 20 seconds of blowing out the damn candle?  No reason except that it was a cool scene

Yes. If you think about it for half a second, you realize it makes no sense from any angle. Why is that kid in front of the Sept? Why does Lancel follow him when his mission is to go get Cersei? It's just a kid in the street. 

Why does the kid lead him to the wildfire? Why is the super-secret hiding place for the Mad King's doomsday device so easy to find? Why does the kid leave after stabbing him? How did he know that single stab would incapacitate him? Was he trained by Arya or something?

They just wanted someone to witness the flame touching the wildfire.

35 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

So if Theon dies in the godswood to save Bran, I reckon it is the Show’s way of circling back to Theon dying in front of the Heart Tree under Bran’s influence at the Battle of Ice in the books.

Let’s see if it plays out that way in the next episode.

Great point, I hadn't made that connection.

I think Theon survives the attempted execution at the Heart Tree though after Stan and the northerners witness some 'Old Gods' magic from Bran. (Not sure where this leaves Clayton Suggs, Corliss Penny et al ..... very confused hopefully :laugh:)

As another poster pointed out in another thread, the Greyjoy siblings are very useful POVs, so if there is a lot more going down there around WF with Stannis and other northern Lords until Davos comes back, you might need both of them for a while.

On 4/26/2019 at 2:20 PM, The Fattest Leech said:

Hide contents

Those Obsidian weapons shouldn't be much use in the show. Here's what happens when Sam uses it on Small Paul:

There was no time to think or pray or be afraid. Samwell Tarly threw himself forward and plunged the dagger down into Small Paul’s back. Half-turned, the wight never saw him coming. The raven gave a shriek and took to the air. “You’re dead!” Sam screamed as he stabbed. “You’re dead, you’re dead.” He stabbed and screamed, again and again, tearing huge rents in Paul’s heavy black cloak. Shards of dragonglass flew everywhere as the blade shattered on the iron mail beneath the wool.

It shatters. And the Others wear steel armour in the show, and the wights have mail and armour as well. The Hound's dumb axe should hit a damn breastplate and lose its head or snap in two. 

4 hours ago, Ser Drewy said:

Those Obsidian weapons shouldn't be much use in the show. Here's what happens when Sam uses it on Small Paul:

There was no time to think or pray or be afraid. Samwell Tarly threw himself forward and plunged the dagger down into Small Paul’s back. Half-turned, the wight never saw him coming. The raven gave a shriek and took to the air. “You’re dead!” Sam screamed as he stabbed. “You’re dead, you’re dead.” He stabbed and screamed, again and again, tearing huge rents in Paul’s heavy black cloak. Shards of dragonglass flew everywhere as the blade shattered on the iron mail beneath the wool.

It shatters. And the Others wear steel armour in the show, and the wights have mail and armour as well. The Hound's dumb axe should hit a damn breastplate and lose its head or snap in two. 

Yessir, very much agree here :D

And did you notice that they have been adhering obsidian to the sides/parapets of Winterfell? I’ll find a good picture and link it later. I guess they are expecting flying foes? Or a pileup like Jon in the middle of the Battle of Bastards fight? :dunno:

10 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Yessir, very much agree here :D

And did you notice that they have been adhering obsidian to the sides/parapets of Winterfell? I’ll find a good picture and link it later. I guess they are expecting flying foes? Or a pileup like Jon in the middle of the Battle of Bastards fight? :dunno:

I figured the dragonglass at the parapets were there to meet any handholds coming off of ladders thrown up for scaling the walls?  If the NK can travel with chains to get a hold of a dead dragon, why not some regular ole siege weaponry, too? 

46 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

And did you notice that they have been adhering obsidian to the sides/parapets of Winterfell? 

I saw that, there's even a worker carrying cement on a tray, probably to fix these obsidian chips on the crenels…

That's stupid, as if an assailant was going to try to pass OVER the crenels of the wall, not between them… :bang:

Archived