Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

3 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Yessir, very much agree here :D

And did you notice that they have been adhering obsidian to the sides/parapets of Winterfell? I’ll find a good picture and link it later. I guess they are expecting flying foes? Or a pileup like Jon in the middle of the Battle of Bastards fight? :dunno:

Honestly, I have no idea what they're even going for with that. Heck, I have to say for a wintry apocalypse there's barely any snow in these scenes, which feels like a design flaw to me. And that's without getting into the fact that I don't even know why the Others are besieging Winterfell - couldn't they just bring their cold, icy winds and snow, and freeze/starve the defenders? But, then again, for some reason half the army is outside the castle and why that is I can't begin to say. I mean, the episode might answer... but I doubt it. 

3 hours ago, Ser Drewy said:

Honestly, I have no idea what they're even going for with that.

Welcome to the club... no one had a clue what they’re “going for” - quote marks b/c I don’t think they’re really “going” for anything other than “OMFG” moments. :ack:

After all, if this duo trifecta of evil could write, we would have an actual proper story. And we don’t. 

3 hours ago, Ser Drewy said:

Heck, I have to say for a wintry apocalypse there's barely any snow in these scenes, which feels like a design flaw to me

Right? It’s so pathetically ludicrous... :rolleyes:

I don t even know where to start. Did Wolverine seriously kill the NK? Like seriously!?

The girl that was full of confidence last ep actually killed the NK? Is this also going to happen in the books? Like is arya azor ahai? I could understand the dragons killing the NK, jon killing the NK, a combination of people killing the NK... but fucking arya? 

And this was really awfull filming. why the fuck do they spend so much time and Money filming this if we can t see it?

by the way the NK used fog on danny. It was super efective!!! danny is confused all battle.

3 minutes ago, divica said:

I don t even know where to start. Did Wolverine seriously kill the NK? Like seriously!?

Ikr? Not only is the Lich King/The Big Bad killed in Episode 3, but he's killed by frickin' Wolverine of all characters.

Well, onwards to the wine chugger! (Who the heck cares at this point...)

5 minutes ago, divica said:

The girl that was full of confidence last ep actually killed the NK? Is this also going to happen in the books? Like is arya azor ahai? I could understand the dragons killing the NK, jon killing the NK, a combination of people killing the NK... but fucking arya? 

And this was really awfull filming. why the fuck do they spend so much time and Money filming this if we can t see it?

by the way the NK used fog on danny. It was super efective!!! danny is confused all battle.

Could be worse... but i don't know how.

2 minutes ago, Einheri said:

Ikr? Not only is the Lich King/The Big Bad killed in Episode 3, but he's killed by frickin' Wolverine of all characters.

How much will we have to hear her bragging about killing the NK?

Like she saw this new face of death and killed it… this is just awfull

LOL

Is all I have. Sorta.

10 to Alfie, and LOL to everything else, basically.

20 mins of fuck all to kick it off. Okaaay. No one wears helms? Why? Yes, we need to see the actors, I suppose. Still, dumb as fuck. 

Hey, @Cas Stark, did half pint make it out of that mess or not? By rights she’d be dead... the bone crunching noise when the wight giant grabbed her... broken ribs piercing the lungs and she’d have choked n her own blood. Right? Or not? Who knows. More importantly, who cares?

All dragon flying/fighting scenes were... ridiculous. Seriously, 15m per ep and this is what I get? 

And where were/what happened to: Jaime, Brienne, Gendry, Pod, Tormund? What the actual fuck, this is no way to tell a fucking story! 

What about Varys? Besides having some blood on his cheek? How did it get there?

And why did Mel offed herself? (Can’t say I blame her, though. I’d have done the same if in her shoes).

Davos, you need to check out. ASAP. Sam, you need to check out ASAP DOUBLE QUICK. 

I have millions more rants, but too exasperated at the mo. Back later.

ps: GoT SUCKS MANKY DOGS BALLS. 

4 minutes ago, Einheri said:

I was downing whisky after whisky during, and the spouse was like... “errr you’re gonna fall asleep!”. To which I replied, I FUCKING WISH! 

:lol:

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

LOL

Is all I have. Sorta.

10 to Alfie, and LOL to everything else, basically.

20 mins of fuck all to kick it off. Okaaay. No one wears helms? Why? Yes, we need to see the actors, I suppose. Still, dumb as fuck. 

Hey, @Cas Stark, did half pint make it out of that mess or not? By rights she’d be dead... the bone crunching noise when the wight giant grabbed her... broken ribs piercing the lungs and she’d have choked n her own blood. Right? Or not? Who knows. More importantly, who cares?

All dragon flying/fighting scenes were... ridiculous. Seriously, 15m per ep and this is what I get? 

And where were/what happened to: Jaime, Brienne, Gendry, Pod, Tormund? What the actual fuck, this is no way to tell a fucking story! 

What about Varys? Besides having some blood on his cheek? How did it get there?

And why did Mel offed herself? (Can’t say I blame her, though. I’d have done the same if in her shoes).

Davos, you need to check out. ASAP. Sam, you need to check out ASAP DOUBLE QUICK. 

I have millions more rants, but too exasperated at the mo. Back later.

ps: GoT SUCKS MANKY DOGS BALLS. 

Lyanna died we see her with blue eyes.

If someone gives a fog machine to cersei she will win the war!

I still can t believe that D&D did this… After the r+l=j they want us to believe arya is AA/tptwp? And that she alone kills the NK... This just destroies asoiaf!!!!

1 minute ago, divica said:

Ah... cheers. Must have happened while I poured myself another very large whisky.

:lol: :lmao::rofl:

I still can t believe that D&D did this… After the r+l=j they want us to believe arya is AA/tptwp? And that she alone kills the NK... This just destroies asoiaf!!!!

Nope. That they’ve done years ago. 

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Ah... cheers. Must have happened while I poured myself another very large whisky.

:lol: :lmao::rofl:

Nope. That they’ve done years ago. 

These 2 events are diferent. They are at the center of asoiaf. People finding out about r+l=j was awfull.

Now the AA/ptwp profecy that people have been debating for ever and is one of the most important things in the series is completly ruined in the tv show! I just can t see how the show is related to asoiaf anymore! 

They should just say that this is a show like legend of the keeper that has nearly nothing to do with the books...

7 minutes ago, divica said:

Speaking of Lyanna, was anyone else hoping we’d get zombie Lyanna Stark crawling out of her crypt and land on Tyrion’s head?  Or was it just me?

Btw I’m pretty sure the book that Arya threw to distract the wights was a half finished Winds of Winter.

These 2 events are diferent. They are at the center of asoiaf. People finding out about r+l=j was awfull.

Now the AA/ptwp profecy that people have been debating for ever and is one of the most important things in the series is completly ruined in the tv show! I just can t see how the show is related to asoiaf anymore! 

They should just say that this is a show like legend of the keeper that has nearly nothing to do with the books...

Exactly. That was my point. The Ds utterly destroyed ASoIaF years ago. 

1 minute ago, Frey family reunion said:

Btw I’m pretty sure the book that Arya threw to distract the wights was a half finished Winds of Winter.

:lol:

But w/ the show runners we have, any book in the bin would make sense. Burn them all! < the books, that is...

Am I alone in getting a bit of a Rian Johnson "we subverted your expectations" Last Jedi vibe from this episode? Oh you thought a bunch of the characters were gonna die? Surprise only a handful of side characters did! Think the WW are gonna be the big baddies? Surprise! They lose at WF and it's actual Cersei that's the big bad guy 

5 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Am I alone in getting a bit of a Rian Johnson "we subverted your expectations" Last Jedi vibe from this episode? Oh you thought a bunch of the characters were gonna die? Surprise only a handful of side characters did! Think the WW are gonna be the big baddies? Surprise! They lose at WF and it's actual Cersei that's the big bad guy 

I also got that vibe. Even arya killing the NK felt like it was because nobody saw it comming instead of because it made sense...

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Oh there’s another thing worth celebrating besides Alfie... one more nail in the Jonsa coffin. :D

I don t know. Sansa seems to have a romantic scene with a diferent character each ep. Last week theon, now tyrion, who knows next week?

2 minutes ago, divica said:

I also got that vibe. Even arya killing the NK felt like it was because nobody saw it comming instead of because it made sense...

I don t know. Sansa seems to have a romantic scene with a diferent character each ep. Last week theon, now tyrion, who knows next week?

Sandor. They are saving the best (IMO) for the end

Archived