Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

7 minutes ago, Vaith said:

There are already a lot of Twitter takes about it being sexist to question Arya's power level. Like, no, this just doesn't make sense for her arc since she has only known about the Walkers for 4 months, and she had a hard time not being detected by wights -- then rushes past the Walkers who don't stop her when she stabs the Night King.

Oh, and people are using her assassin training to explain why she is so great... the assassin training that she failed, after she got stabbed 6 times, backflipped into muddy water and was fine. :P There are some who are even saying that being Tywin's cupbearer and Sandor's hostage was part of her "training to face off the NK"

Holy cow. GRRM said that Dany's fire and the Others are ice and the one promo above sets up ice vs fire. Did they all forget that Dany's a girl and one of the main two people everyone expected to kill the NK all along?

1 minute ago, Leticia Stark said:

The most realistic reaction from the cast was Kit's. 

He literally says in the BTS video that he was pissed, because he thought it should be Jon the one to kill NK, and he's not wrong tho lol

Given the years of build up tension I don t understand how someone thought they shouldn t have some kind of fight… It is just a lot of unfulfilled potential...

14 hours ago, Feather Crystal said:

OMG, I've never read about any of the actors dissing the show! This is awesome!

I can't believe I've never read this thread before. You guys are a hoot. :rofl:

LOL  That was The Onion, though, a fake satirical publication.  Not that one can;t find some interesting quotes from actors past and present.  I'm too brain damaged from the last episode to remember half of them right now.  With luck, it's only temporary, the damage they've done. 

3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Having Bran kill the NK while it wouldn't have had the hell yeah!! rapturous response from the audience, would at least make some sense, we might have gotten SOME DIALOGUE to explain the Night King and his plan/desires and then Bran can shank him, it's not as satisfying as the ninja tomboy doing it, but it would be more realistic given the story they've been telling.

I am still shocked that they totally gutted Jon Snow's entire story, making him useless to the very end and obliterating the importance of his heritage and all the prophecies the show had included.

The more I think about it, the more I think perhaps their Kit jealousy issues run deeper than first thought.  All the short jokes in the world, the terrible makeup job of scars to disfigure his body beyond belief, the continual dumbing down of Jon Snow really doesn't do much to ease their envy.  After all, none of that really takes his ethereal beauty, terrific hair, and more important, decent personality away from him.  They really are pathetic little boys. 

4 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

The more I think about it, the more I think perhaps their Kit jealousy issues run deeper than first thought.  All the short jokes in the world, the terrible makeup job of scars to disfigure his body beyond belief, the continual dumbing down of Jon Snow really doesn't do much to ease their envy.  After all, none of that really takes his ethereal beauty, terrific hair, and more important, decent personality away from him.  They really are pathetic little boys. 

They are so incompetent when it comes to plot and story, it's hard to know what they do on purpose v. by accident.  We watched them have Sansa do one brain dead thing after another for several seasons, but, they always rewarded her, and now ultimately she's smarter than Tywin Lannister.  So, presumably, the dumb things they had her do, they didn't realize were dumb.

Since Benioff has straight said that Jon Snow is dumb, in so many words, they may have made him dumber on purpose because of their own petty reasons, who can say, but he is absolutely as dumb as possible on the show.

40 minutes ago, Vaith said:

There are already a lot of Twitter takes about it being sexist to question Arya's power level. Like, no, this just doesn't make sense for her arc since she has only known about the Walkers for 4 months, and she had a hard time not being detected by wights -- then rushes past the Walkers who don't stop her when she stabs the Night King.

Oh, and people are using her assassin training to explain why she is so great... the assassin training that she failed, after she got stabbed 6 times, backflipped into muddy water and was fine. :P There are some who are even saying that being Tywin's cupbearer and Sandor's hostage was part of her "training to face off the NK"

Every time they attempt to write their own storyline, viewers supplement it with excuses to make up for the lack of just plain good writing. They are just not good storytellers. They cheat.

They always take the lazy, easy way out, to swap characters in and out of things. People think Jon/Bran should have done it because it was right for them to do so.

If they wanted surprise, they could have made the way it played out with Jon/Bran and the NK to be surprising. They could put in the hard work to make that happen, organically and meaningfully.

11 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Every time they attempt to write their own storyline, viewers supplement it with excuses to make up for the lack of just plain good writing. They are just not good storytellers. They cheat.

They always take the lazy, easy way out, to swap characters in and out of things. People think Jon/Bran should have done it because it was right for them to do so.

If they wanted surprise, they could have made the way it played out with Jon/Bran and the NK to be surprising. They could put in the hard work to make that happen, organically and meaningfully.

There were so many surprising ways that the combination of jon/bran could have killed the NK... Like what if bran warged into the NK while he was fighting jon and told him to use the oportunity to kill him?

I just can t understand how they spend years building all the jon/bran vs the NK conflict and in the end they are useless… They do nothing! Like if they wanted arya to do it why not have jon fighting the NK and seriously hurting him but the NK raises wights in order to escape and arya ends up taking the oportunity to stab him in the back?

What happened in the last ep is simply stupid and only serves to twart fans expectations that they have spent years growing!

1 hour ago, Vaith said:

IF they wanted to make Arya the one to make it to the Godswood to kill the NK, they could have laid the groundwork of how Bran knew all the secret ways through the castle, the ones he mentions on his climb to the tower all those years ago.  Have Bran go over these things with everyone, the best ways to run through the walkways and rooms of different levels, to the godswood through the trees, you know...........the way Summer and Shaggy tried when Theon TOOK the castle.  Hell, Theon could have mentioned that, could have, duh, as many said, had people stationed up in the tree to wait with the Bait,  But, then........we'd be warned of it, can't have that.  And that is supposed to be intelligent entertainment?   NO, just SHOCK AND AWE!! 

1 hour ago, Leticia Stark said:

The most realistic reaction from the cast was Kit's. 

He literally says in the BTS video that he was pissed, because he thought it should be Jon the one to kill NK, and he's not wrong tho lol

Ah, he's right to be pissed.  Hell, he knows Book Jon, but has still sold the Ds tripe.  This mess is what he gets for it.  He's much too nice of a guy.  I haven't done all the BTS stuff yet, so far just the Ds Circle Jerk.  I'm more looking forward to what we find out as the years go on, and they are no longer in the business of covering up for the dudebros.  This is a nice start from Kit, though. 

4 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Ah, he's right to be pissed.  Hell, he knows Book Jon, but has still sold the Ds tripe.  This mess is what he gets for it.  He's much too nice of a guy.  I haven't done all the BTS stuff yet, so far just the Ds Circle Jerk.  I'm more looking forward to what we find out as the years go on, and they are no longer in the business of covering up for the dudebros.  This is a nice start from Kit, though. 

Hearing all the "WTF?" stories come out from the cast over the next few years is going to be delightful!  As you say, we're already getting a little of it from Kit here and we saw some things from Dillane, Siddig, McIlhinney, etc.

4 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Hearing all the "WTF?" stories come out from the cast over the next few years is going to be delightful!  As you say, we're already getting a little of it from Kit here and we saw some things from Dillane, Siddig, McIlhinney, etc.

For Crap's Sake, this episode Game Revealed BTS thing is 40 MINUTES???  JEEZUS MARY AND JOSEPH!!!  I'm not sure I can take that, LOL 

10 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

This season so far was awfull for jon's arc. Between the r+l=j having no effect on him and this last ep where the long night ended without him doing anything it feels like the character is completly lost.

Like what is the point of jon snow? Does he have any goal left? He isn t even oficially courting danny… And the same can be told about bran or sam or davos or even sansa that has nothing to do if there is peace and jon stays in winterfell…

Just now, divica said:

This season so far was awfull for jon's arc. Between the r+l=j having no effect on him and this last ep where the long night ended without him doing anything it feels like the character is completly lost.

Like what is the point of jon snow? Does he have any goal left? He isn t even oficially courting danny… And the same can be told about bran or sam or davos or even sansa that has nothing to do if there is peace and jon stays in winterfell…

Drogon should eat them all, they're worse than useless.  Then fly to King's Landing and set the whole city on fire, then go back to the ruins of Valyria and hang out.

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

Drogon should eat them all, they're worse than useless.  Then fly to King's Landing and set the whole city on fire, then go back to the ruins of Valyria and hang out.

But seriously. They had jon being killed and ressurected, lose the BoB without sansa, he would die without danny and benjen in the wight hunt and in the final battle he doesn t even get to do anything?

How can someone think this makes sense? They just made him one of the most useless characters I can think of. Only beaten by bran...

13 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

OK, I'm BRAVING some of Game Revealed and LOLOL, I can actually friggin see some action a bit.  Cause, BTS has cameras that are TRYING to show us something, I guess???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3M0Xt97aFI

When the BTS is better filmed than the actual ep lol

ps I stoped watching in the first minutes.

THAT shit wasn t incredible. THERE was nothing incredible about what they did. We had 2 or 3 cool moments with most characters having nothing to do the entire ep and some serious bad effects in the dragon fight 

Archived