Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

8 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I'm here to mostly agree you with you on LOST.  The ending wasn't perfect, but at least the entirety of the last season actually told many stories, the characters stayed consistent through the years, and MY GOD, I can lose it just thinking the word VINCENT.  Yup, that did it, excuse me while I go cry.  :crying:

They told stories, but forgot a lot of the lore and unanswered questions from previous seasons. And all the hype of LOST died with its last season.

I think GOT is doing something similar but even worse. In this season we don t even have a story. It is just all the characters hanging together until it is time for the next battle...

I see from articles that what Jon is screaming at Viserion? is not actually directed at the dragon. What he's screaming is "Goooo!" He's says it about twice more. Then the camera pans to the Night King then the wight near him and you see it's hair move. That's Arya jumping over the Wight. So Jon saw her. Bran is the bait. Still sucks. 

8 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  The Hitler one is just a redo of Hitler finding out about Ned Stark.  He'll be ok though as long as Drogo makes it, LOLOL 

Haha, never gets old.  (My personal favourite is the one from Snape kills Dumbledore, but soooo off topic.  :lol:

53 minutes ago, Dantezgirl said:

I see from articles that what Jon is screaming at Viserion? is not actually directed at the dragon. What he's screaming is "Goooo!" He's says it about twice more. Then the camera pans to the Night King then the wight near him and you see it's hair move. That's Arya jumping over the Wight. So Jon saw her. Bran is the bait. Still sucks. 

I think that's more wishful thinking.  I read that too and re-watched that bit with the subtitles - it says "Yells. (Viserion growling)". :rofl:

12 minutes ago, hewman said:

Has anybody spotted the heavy cavalry from the Vale and Bronze Yohn Royce on the battlefield?

I wouldn't interpret that as a clever plot device; it was just D&D either running out of extras or simply forgetting chunks of the continent.

2 hours ago, hewman said:

Has anybody spotted the heavy cavalry from the Vale and Bronze Yohn Royce on the battlefield?

Obviously they didn't want (or could) spend a dollar on a cavalry fight, hence the stupid Dothraki charge and the knights of the Vale replaced by 50-year old bearded infantrymen…

5 hours ago, Dantezgirl said:

OH really? well I will say that makes it more interesting......

However since i watched the episode and couldn't see/didn't catch that I consider that a fail on D&D.  it was a big moment, it should have been clear for viewers.

5 hours ago, Dantezgirl said:

Either post justification for refusing to build the plot in episode or fans making up the story since they refuse to show us one in episode.  Besides, I still like my theory better:

The Wolverine crosses over from Marvel to DC to borrow Wonder Woman's invisible jet, which she flies so dangerously low to the ground that a wing clips the hair of one of the white walkers before she jumps out and almost lands on the Night King, but WAIT!  He's got her in the choke slam position, and rather than completing the WWE style beat-down, he smiles stupidly at her and winks, telling her it's time for her big finishing move!  KNIFE DROP!  KNIFE DROP!  KNIFE DROP!  BY GAWD KING!  Oh wait, JR isn't here to commentate, so we'll just have to pretend it was exciting and awesome on our own.

15 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

https://mashable.com/article/game-of-thrones-white-walker-night-king-long-night/

Nice, non ranty article that really captures how the show screwed itself with this episode.

For seven seasons we waited for the winds of winter to come — only to have it abruptly blow over with a single gust. 

...the premature conclusion to their storyline seems to sabotage all the previous narrative subversions that came before it.

ASOIAF: The Game of Thrones is just a distraction from the real problem, The Long Night
GoT: The Long Night is just a distraction from the real problem, The Game of Thrones

Absolutely!

32 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

https://mashable.com/article/game-of-thrones-white-walker-night-king-long-night/

Nice, non ranty article that really captures how the show screwed itself with this episode.

Well, as they say, there’s still hope: Varys is good at solving puzzles. Maybe he’ll pull his hands out of his sleeves, gathers all the pieces of the NK, throws them in a Ravensburger box and gets on with it. And if he makes a mistake, we’ll end up with a Night Queen. First of her name.

16 minutes ago, hewman said:

Well, as they say, there’s still hope: Varys is good at solving puzzles. Maybe he’ll pull his hands out of his sleeves, gathers all the pieces of the NK, throws them in a Ravensburger box and gets on with it. And if he makes a mistake, we’ll end up with a Night Queen. First of her name.

I have been told by one of my theorist acquaintances that Cersei will be the Night Queen.  Though, they thought she would achieve it by marrying the Night King, they are now theorizing that she'll die at Arya's hands, then be reborn via Quyburn's stupidity.  How she'll get winterized since the winter lasted only a night and is now over, is anybody's guess.

The Ds are dumb enough to follow that and not explain how she gets winterized.  Because that'd be a big shocking twist that wouldn't make any damn sense at all.  Totes do it, boys!  Finish destroying what you built.

The story is already destroyed.  Who wants to watch 3 seasons of Jon Snow whining about the Night King only to find out, he's easier to defeat than Ramsay fucking Bolton.  Why would anyone, at this point, rewatch this mess?  And whomever dies now in the next big stupid battle will be dying for nothing, dying at the hands of Cersei, who herself, should already be dead in a black cell for her massive short sightedness and stupidity, but instead the show rewards her.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

I love that one simple tweet they used to illustrate it, GOT and the Ds really only ever cared about the GAME OF THRONES.  I always knew that, but I didn't think they'd REALLY decimate the other story to the point that they may pay a bit of a price for it. 

15 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

The story is already destroyed.  Who wants to watch 3 seasons of Jon Snow whining about the Night King only to find out, he's easier to defeat than Ramsay fucking Bolton.  Why would anyone, at this point, rewatch this mess?  And whomever dies now in the next big stupid battle will be dying for nothing, dying at the hands of Cersei, who herself, should already be dead in a black cell for her massive short sightedness and stupidity, but instead the show rewards her.

Or who wants to see bran's arc to become the useless 3er?

Or stannis and mel that knew from season 4 that arya would kill the NK but stayed with stannis burning people for him...

The dothriaki that were completly useless to the story...

Danny that should never have joined jon against the dead...

All the hype with the dragons that had zero use against the NK and if we will have a battle against cersei will either be killed or taken out of action pretty fast...

Even the wildlings were almost all killed because they could stab the NK...

That everyone had to be United against the dead in order for them to have a chance and then the battle against the IT is the one that really matters...

I don t understand how anyone can t see that this ep ruins the series...

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I love that one simple tweet they used to illustrate it, GOT and the Ds really only ever cared about the GAME OF THRONES.  I always knew that, but I didn't think they'd REALLY decimate the other story to the point that they may pay a bit of a price for it. 

They should pay a huge price. After this ep D&D just showed the world they are exactly what Disney should keep as far away as possible. I don t think they will end the series with enough credit to go do a star wars series.

Who would trust them?

2 minutes ago, divica said:

Or who wants to see bran's arc to become the useless 3er?

Or stannis and mel that knew from season 4 that arya would kill the NK but stayed with stannis burning people for him...

The dothriaki that were completly useless to the story...

Danny that should never have joined jon against the dead...

All the hype with the dragons that had zero use against the NK and if we will have a battle against cersei will either be killed or taken out of action pretty fast...

Even the wildlings were almost all killed because they could stab the NK...

That everyone had to be United against the dead in order for them to have a chance and then the battle against the IT is the one that really matters...

I don t understand how anyone can t see that this ep ruins the series...

Agree 100% with every point you're making.  I don't see how there are still people defending the episode outside of those that are purely just there for the spectacle.  Even those should be disappointed because everything was so difficult to see this episode outside of the Dothraki self-genocide scene.  A cool visual, but an inglorious end to a plot that started so grand.

Much like every other plot that seemed to matter as the show progressed.  Well, except for Cersei.  Because, something something Lannister Bestest something something.

12 minutes ago, divica said:

They should pay a huge price. After this ep D&D just showed the world they are exactly what Disney should keep as far away as possible. I don t think they will end the series with enough credit to go do a star wars series.

Who would trust them?

The only way is if they turn out to be massively trolling the lot of us. If episode 4 ends with Bran opening his bright blue eyes a trillion fans will go apeshit, but I for one will give D&D 100% credit.

38 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

If only someone had told the NK to ditch the WWs - who were even more useless than Jon, Dany, Sansa and Tyrion combined - and get himself 20 GOOD MEN we could have watched a very different episode. 

Archived