Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

I forget which season it was, but the SS send Myrcella's necklace to Cersei and she rants about how there are two necklaces like that in Westeros except we have already seen Sansa wearing the same necklace that Joff gave her at Cersei's behest...and that Sansa wore for at least one season.  So, it was the show being so lazy it can't keep track of it's own props.  And when this happened and I ranted about it back in the day, I was told that the show did it on purpose and there would be some plot twist coming regarding the necklaces....which of course never happened, the show just forgot about Sansa's necklace, because they are lazy and haphazard and no one cares.

LOL  Didn't Ros have one, too?  That's how Cersei at first confused Ros with Shae when she had her snatched up to fuck with Tyrion?  It was the Ds version of the Alayaya/Shae confusion as Cersei and Tyrion tried to one up each other before the Battle of Blackwater Bay.  In the show, I think they had Tyrion give Ros the Lannister necklace from their encounters in the North, before she upgraded to Littlefingers Best Little Whorehouse in King's Landing. 

7 hours ago, Dragons Are Real said:

I have been told by one of my theorist acquaintances that Cersei will be the Night Queen.  Though, they thought she would achieve it by marrying the Night King, they are now theorizing that she'll die at Arya's hands, then be reborn via Quyburn's stupidity.  How she'll get winterized since the winter lasted only a night and is now over, is anybody's guess.

The Ds are dumb enough to follow that and not explain how she gets winterized.  Because that'd be a big shocking twist that wouldn't make any damn sense at all.  Totes do it, boys!  Finish destroying what you built.

LOL

I said that to friends a while back when we were trying to figure out what sort of stupid “plot” we’d get. 

And since you mention Qyburn, that episode where they brought a wight to KL to convince Cersei the threat was real, Qyburn was making all sorts of faces and giving it all sorts of looks. Like, very interested looks. And I thought something might come from that. But I guess not, just another dead-end “clue”. 

35 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  Didn't Ros have one, too?  That's how Cersei at first confused Ros with Shae when she had her snatched up to fuck with Tyrion?  It was the Ds version of the Alayaya/Shae confusion as Cersei and Tyrion tried to one up each other before the Battle of Blackwater Bay.  In the show, I think they had Tyrion give Ros the Lannister necklace from their encounters in the North, before she upgraded to Littlefingers Best Little Whorehouse in King's Landing. 

She did. IIRC, Tyrion gave her one. And the excuses people were making were hilarious. Like, “this will be super relevant, you’ll see”. 

And as always, absolutely nothing came of it, it was just the usual laziness creating plot holes and inconsistencies all over the place. :lol:

After that episode I've been skimming random chapters of ASOIAF. The chasm between the books and the show is immense: they're completely different things in every way. I feel like nothing that makes ASOIAF what it is even remains now. I honestly feel embarassed a bit for B&W and how they've bungled their adaptation. 

9 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

LOL

I said that to friends a while back when we were trying to figure out what sort of stupid “plot” we’d get. 

And since you mention Qyburn, that episode where they brought a wight to KL to convince Cersei the threat was real, Qyburn was making all sorts of faces and giving it all sorts of looks. Like, very interested looks. And I thought something might come from that. But I guess not, just another dead-end “clue”. 

I think we will have an army of guys like the mountain.

Otherwise what is even the point of a battle? 

Another good point is that given when the episode airs we will either find out that danny is pregnant, all dragons will die or danny will die.

1 minute ago, divica said:

Otherwise what is even the point of a battle? 

Another good point is that given when the episode airs we will either find out that danny is pregnant, all dragons will die or danny will die.

The dragons will die, Cersei killing a dragon makes my hair stand on end.

Dany is definitely pregnant.

She might die, or not, I don't care, she is slightly less stupid than Jon, so maybe he will die instead.  They are both useless at this point, maybe Cersei should win, that would be a twist!

29 minutes ago, Ser Drewy said:

After that episode I've been skimming random chapters of ASOIAF. The chasm between the books and the show is immense: they're completely different things in every way. I feel like nothing that makes ASOIAF what it is even remains now. I honestly feel embarassed a bit for B&W and how they've bungled their adaptation. 

Fucking internet dingo ate my [long] post. 

The gist, been on a reread for a while but can’t bear to read the books while watching this stupidfest. Can’t handle the frustration...

51 minutes ago, divica said:

Could be. And of course there'll be no explanation or logic or... nothing. Just a bunch of zombies as Cersei’s KG cuz why the hell not.

40 minutes ago, divica said:

just to put it here

LOL  Even just watching a few minutes, and the Tywin cuts, I have to say I am SURE Tywin Lannister is glad he did not live to see this.  Not because his sons were Team Winterfell but because they were Team Stupid, LOLOL

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Could be. And of course there'll be no explanation or logic or... nothing. Just a bunch of zombies as Cersei’s KG cuz why the hell not.

Exactly! just to give a wow moment. We will need several of those from cersei's side in order to make the conflict interesting...

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  Even just watching a few minutes, and the Tywin cuts, I have to say I am SURE Tywin Lannister is glad he did not live to see this.  Not because his sons were Team Winterfell but because they were Team Stupid, LOLOL

Jaime has a fucking Wall behind him a decides to fight an army outside! without any cover from people shooting arrows from the walls or anything…

There are so many rant videos about this last episode, I love it. It's like last Season's stupidity (mainly 7x06 and Arya/Sansa) finally made people crack a bit and waking up to reality. But this episode seems to have woken up even more people. I still can't believe it's taken this long for people to smell the stupid.

D&D just don't get it. So Arya kills the NK. I'm guessing Jon Snow kills Cersei. How does either of those make ANY sense? From a storytelling perspective. From a mythical/prophecy perspective. From a character perspective. They think they can shock/surprise the audience by taking none of this into consideration which fundamentally means they don't understand the story even in the slightest. How were these guys allowed to be in charge of this until the end (extortion is how)? Holy crap.

7 minutes ago, Mystical said:

There are so many rant videos about this last episode, I love it. It's like last Season's stupidity (mainly 7x06 and Arya/Sansa) finally made people crack a bit and waking up to reality. But this episode seems to have woken up even more people. I still can't believe it's taken this long for people to smell the stupid.

D&D just don't get it. So Arya kills the NK. I'm guessing Jon Snow kills Cersei. How does either of those make ANY sense? From a storytelling perspective. From a mythical/prophecy perspective. From a character perspective. They think they can shock/surprise the audience by taking none of this into consideration which fundamentally means they don't understand the story even in the slightest. How were these guys allowed to be in charge of this until the end (extortion is how)? Holy crap.

Arya killing the NK could have worked if they had made it believable, but this episode was shot really badly.  It was too dark, the battle formations were ridiculous, the named characters should have died at least 10 times each, but their enormous plot armor kept saving them, while the redshirts kept dying for no reason (as if we were supposed to care for them).  And then the NK, who was supposed to be the existential threat for the entire known world, dies easily as if he's the villain of the week.

This was really bad television and I can't believe the die-hards are not willing to admit it.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

The dragons will die, Cersei killing a dragon makes my hair stand on end.

Dany is definitely pregnant.

She might die, or not, I don't care, she is slightly less stupid than Jon, so maybe he will die instead.  They are both useless at this point, maybe Cersei should win, that would be a twist!

Meh. What little interest I had left in this burning trash can of a TV show finally died with episode 3, so as far as I’m concerned, they can put whatever they want in the remaining three episodes. They could reveal that Wolverine was the Waif/Terminator all along, or introduce some time travel nonsense with the Branbot-9000, and it still wouldn’t phase me one bit. Heck, have the Spice King from season 2 show up and DESTROY Westeros with FACTS and LOGIC. Zero. F*cks. Given.

5 minutes ago, Einheri said:

Meh. What little interest I had left in this burning trash can of a TV show finally died with episode 3, so as far as I’m concerned, they can put whatever they want in the remaining three episodes. They could reveal that Wolverine was the Waif/Terminator all along, or introduce some time travel nonsense with the Branbot-9000, and it still wouldn’t phase me one bit. Heck, have the Spice King from season 2 show up and DESTROY Westeros with FACTS and LOGIC. Zero. F*cks. Given.

Hear, hear. 

12 minutes ago, Mystical said:

I think that now is safe to say most people hated the ep and as time passes will hate it more. We are talking about an ep that should have 9.9 in imdb and at the moment has 8.8. IT would be a bit low for a normal episode, but for what should be the greatest episode of the series it is just awfull. I have no idea how the people in HBO let the produce this shit… I think anyone with half a brain should be able to see how this episode ruins their series… It just makes a lot of the series unreawatchable...

In a normal world their career in great projects should be over for a long while. In our world they are going to direct SW...

Archived