Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

43 minutes ago, Clueless Northman said:

We already knew they hated Stannis and butchered his part and his ending. Now we have the absolute certainty that they hate the Others and butchered their ending as well.

Just preparing for more characters to get the Stannis treatment, really.

Look I have little sympathy for George’s frustrations at any “creative differences”, because the raw truth is he sold out for cash. Now for $50m I would probably have done the same in his position, but he then has to accept the consequences that come along with it.

This Show has severely ruined the series for millions of book readers, but since George does not owe us anything, we don’t really have room to complain - even though it won’t stop us from doing so anyway.

As for George, well, he can finally live the life he dreamed of.

8 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Look I have little sympathy for George’s frustrations at any “creative differences”, because the raw truth is he sold out for cash. Now for $50m I would probably have done the same in his position, but he then has to accept the consequences that come along with it.

This Show has severely ruined the series for millions of book readers, but since George does not owe us anything, we don’t really have room to complain - even though it won’t stop us from doing so anyway.

There's also the fact that his involvement with the show and his resulting celebrity status (which led to numerous speaking events and tours, as well as developing other tv shows) almost certainly led to Winds being delayed.

You can't tell me it wouldn't have already been released if the show never happened. Hell, Dance might've come sooner as well, and the whole series might have been finished by now.

8 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

I think with the exception of grrm fanboys we can all admit that grrm fucked up. That he spends too much time working for tv shows and interviews and too little time working on asoiaf.

However, I think he was fooled by D&D. There is no way he even suspected D&D were such bad writers. There were certainly other people that could have adapted his books and paid him a fortune… D&D ruined his life's work. For as long as he lives without finishing the books this show will haunt him.

2 hours ago, divica said:

I think with the exception of grrm fanboys we can all admit that grrm fucked up. That he spends too much time working for tv shows and interviews and too little time working on asoiaf.

However, I think he was fooled by D&D. There is no way he even suspected D&D were such bad writers. There were certainly other people that could have adapted his books and paid him a fortune… D&D ruined his life's work. For as long as he lives without finishing the books this show will haunt him.

i think we all agree that he indeed fucked up, and he knows it.

4 hours ago, BlueNightzx said:

i think we all agree that he indeed fucked up, and he knows it.

Ya, that bad man -- he went out and got himself serious heart trouble, that demanded major surgery and has to take medications for the rest of life because of that, meds that don't allow for the kind of focus and energy that writing books takes.

People who have never written seriously have no idea just how much writing is very very hard work, and very hard on the body.  I'm not joking. 

4 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Ya, that bad man -- he went out and got himself serious heart trouble, that demanded major surgery and has to take medications for the rest of life because of that, meds that don't allow for the kind of focus and energy that writing books takes.

People who have never written seriously have no idea just how much writing is very very hard work, and very hard on the body.  I'm not joking. 

If your theory that GRRM is not healthy enough to write novels anymore is correct, then perhaps instead of telling his readers that the books are in progress and he will finish, and having adamantly stated that he'd never let the show overtake the books, he should have made some other plan, hired a ghost writer or said truthfully, he isn't healthy enough to finish the novels.  He is certainly healthy enough to do many, many other things including other writings, so I'm not sure your theory is accurate, but if it is, then a contingency plan would have been the next step, not the clusterfuck  that exists now.  IMO 

7 hours ago, divica said:

Remember, D&D fucked up so badly on the original pilot even they were surprised HBO gave them another chance.

On 5/3/2019 at 2:55 AM, hewman said:

Are you insane? Soon you’ll need all the alcohol you can get: Star Wars is comming!

GRRM grooming D&D to where they are now today, and sending them to the Star Wars franchise would be the best revenge plan ever for GRRM.

On 5/3/2019 at 10:12 AM, Dragons Are Real said:

The proper way to get rid of a bottle of Johnnie Walker White Walker edition is to watch the last episode with it in hand and take a drink every time you see something stupid.  It'll be gone in no time.

The last episode would probably be the only episode this season that makes any sense because GRRM told D&D the ending.

But I am sure D&D will still find a way to f- it up.

Just now, Nowy Tends said:

Well, it wasn't such a "bad" episode was it?

To me the best ep of the season by a looooooooooong distance.

Despite some stupid things (euron) and irrational (the starks hating danny because she isn t from the north) it had actually good dialogue!

It sucked. Hard.

several fu to book stuff. And GoT’s usual stupidly. 

Why didn’t Jack Sparrow Pacey Greyjoy shoot Drogon & Dany instead of Rhaegal? And Rhaegal goes down, there’s all those ships there in a tight formation, and Dany goes, “AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH” instead of Dracarys on their arses? What the actual fuck?

And we will go w/ full Mad Queen bs. Yikes.

Grey Worm was smelling something really bad before Missy got shortened some.

So much more. Will save for later though. 

Ah, happy Ghost is staying w/ Tormund. Jon is an arsehole who doesn’t deserve him. 

And Jaime? OMFG, I want to hit someone. 

Bronn just waltzes in, delivers some typical Bronnisms, and buggers off immediately. 

And the world just keeps getting smaller and smaller, all the characters are basically a hand breadth away from each other. 

Archived