Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Dany is for sure going mad.  So, that hugely increases the chances that Jon kills her for some stupid as fuck reason and then both their stories are ruined. 

I still don t see the madness! She isn t the ruler they want? ok, I can see how traumatized they were because she burned the tarlys and I admit they are generally afraid of her temper. But that isn t reason to kill her!

I just don t know how many times jon had to say she was his queen. And I still don t understand what would be the problem if they married. Whoever looks up to jon would then be on her side… 

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

And Jaime? OMFG, I want to hit someone. 

Bronn just waltzes in, delivers some typical Bronnisms, and buggers off immediately. 

And the world just keeps getting smaller and smaller, all the characters are basically a hand breadth away from each other. 

Real question, Why wouldn t they just kill bronn when they have the chance? Or why would danny give highgarden to bronn? the guy that tried to kill drogon last season!

1 minute ago, divica said:

Real question, Why wouldn t they just kill bronn when they have the chance? Or why would danny give highgarden to bronn? the guy that tried to kill drogon last season!

Why is Bronn believing Tyrion or Jaime have the power to give him High Garden at all?

Varys has got to go. WTF, his whole treason is coming from nowhere. He literally just met Jon. The story and the characters are so weightless. Every single character is destroyed. I cant decide who is the worst. I guess it’s Sansa, just like the books but for completely different reasons. 

I am so fucking pissed off right now. D&D have successfully ruined my favorite story I’ve been obsessed with for over a decade. As an Annual Passholder I plan to send Disney dozens of emails wrt them directing Star Wars. They should never work again after this.

5 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Well, it wasn't such a "bad" episode was it?

I’ll reserve judgment till I see it again. Although I must say I didn’t hate it as much as past episodes.

A few things I really found stupid/disliked. I hated that they made Jon into Dany’s Man Friday. They even have Varys say something like she’ll bend him to her will or something to the effect. Ugh!

Sansa’s stupid remark that if LF and Ramsay weren’t in her life, she’d still be a little bird. D&D’s justification of the Sansa rape. And do we know why Sansa hates Dany so much? And now Arya has joined in the hate. Dany hasn’t done anything to deserve their hate. They don’t know that she just asked Jon to renege his claim and keep silent about his real identity. Baffling

And I’m so tired of all the looks/stares people give each other. Sansa gives Dany dirty looks, Tyrion sees it and looks disturbed, Dany looks troubled when Jon is being praised... 

So apparently now Drogon has to get real close to burn things. Was that how they always showed it?

And how many unsullied are left? They do look scanty but I’m sure they’ll miraculously double in the next episode.

And D&D are still trying their best to make Cersei (or should I say Lena) look sympathetic. 

8 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Why is Bronn believing Tyrion or Jaime have the power to give him High Garden at all?

Yeah that’s idiotic like most things about the show. 

Also, someone (Varys?) brought up the Dothraki attacking KL will be bad yadda yadda. But David and Dan said in the last Outside the Episode that the Dothraki are gone after ep 3. 

Way to keep being consistent! :thumbsdown:

18 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Varys has got to go. WTF, his whole treason is coming from nowhere. He literally just met Jon. The story and the characters are so weightless. Every single character is destroyed. I cant decide who is the worst. I guess it’s Sansa, just like the books but for completely different reasons. 

I am so fucking pissed off right now. D&D have successfully ruined my favorite story I’ve been obsessed with for over a decade. As an Annual Passholder I plan to send Disney dozens of emails wrt them directing Star Wars. They should never work again after this.

they're merging fAegon plot with jon

1 minute ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Why didn't they just let Ghost die, let's his story end like is just ridiculous unless D&D hates direwolves for some reason, this isn't even about the budget, this is just personal.

the CGI budget is dark and full of terrors

1 minute ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Why didn't they just let Ghost die, let's his story end like is just ridiculous unless D&D hates direwolves for some reason, this isn't even about the budget, this is just personal.

It’s not about liking or disliking direwolves, but rather being pissy at everyone complaining about how they’ve handled the direwolves. 

4 minutes ago, BlueNightzx said:

at least he got some use to it other than drinking and doing dick jokes.

Seeing it coming towards him was a missed opportunity for one more dick joke. Something about hard wood or a salty mast maybe? I'm not intelligent enough to write his dialogue though and it's best left to better men than me.

3 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

And he looks more like a dog than a direwolf now. 

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

It’s not about liking or disliking direwolves, but rather being pissy at everyone complaining about how they’ve handled the direwolves. 

Exactly my point, it's personal now for them to give Ghost and Jon a bad ending.  It has nothing to do with the budget because having Ghost die would not have costed them anything.

2 minutes ago, teej6 said:

And he looks more like a dog than a direwolf now. 

My Zoe would chew him up and pick her teeth w/ his bones. Damn this show.

Some brief notes on today's episode:

• The celebration at Winterfell looked like a high school drama. "Are you thinking of fucking your girlfriend?" "My boyfriend is more popular than me... /cry" "Let's play drinking games!" "Are you a virgin? Hahaha!" "It's so warm in here, let me take my shirt off".
  • Jon or Tyrion really couldn't toast Danerys? Or keep her company? Are we supposed to believe nobody drank for the fucking dragon queen?
  • Jon, say it with me, buddy... "We can just get married, who the fuck cares?"
  • What exactly is the problem with waiting? Cersei got a sellsword company from Essos, would it be a bad idea to hire one of your own? Or I dunno, try to spread the news about your victory against the dead?
  • Arya just gave Jon a sermon about family unity... Perhaps tell him that you're going to King's Landing to assassinate Cersei? So he can maybe tell Dany it's ok to hold back for a bit?
  • Seriously, the general lack of communication in this episode is absurd. How can I believe the drama if characters are acting like complete bloody morons?
  • I just had to LOL at the Bronn scene. Are there no guards around Winterfell? A complete stranger can just waltz in and out of the room the Queen's Hand is in carrying a freaking crossbow? Does he really expect that threat carries any weight once he's out into the castle yard? They can set thousands of people to look for him. Hell, all Jaime and Tyrion had to do was yell and he wasn't getting out of there alive either.
  • I suppose it's fitting that Jon gives Ghost away so easily after ignoring him for years. I hope Tormund won't get freaky with him. Sorry Ghost, Jon could have given you a hug, but that would have cost that third bolt through Rhaegal's neck. Gotta use the CGI budget wisely.
  • It's funny how Varys lampshaded the fact that Dany is Jon's aunt... shouldn't be a problem, Varys, he still seemed DTF back in Winterfell.
  • Dany gets taken by surprise by a whole damn fleet? Were they firing from behind the mountain? What is the range on those things? Drogon seemed to be at least as close to the walls later in the episode as Rhaegal was to those ships. But hey, I suppose it wouldn't have been shocking if they filmed it in a way that made sense.
  • How was MIssandei the only one captured? Didn't everyone jump out more or less at the same time? Is it because she got to the skiff? Was she taken to Euron by the currents because she doesn't know how to row a boat? Is there a dimensional portal to King's Landing in the skiff? Come of it, why didn't Euron's men descend on all the survivors of the wreck? Sail his ships there to provide cover and just pick everyone off? It's a good think that falling mast caused a black screen to come up, otherwise the whole scene wouldn't have made any sense.
  • Anyway, I guess making your base of operations at Dragonstone when you were already on the mainland, your enemy has a larger fleet than you, and you already need to wait for half your army to come down by land wasn't the brightest idea,,, 
  • I thought that dragon got struck hard, but Jaime's character development was absolutely N-U-K-E-D.
  • It was brave of Missandei to say "Dracarys" as her final word, but why did she just wrap her chained hands around Cersei and jump? If anything bad happens now, I'm blaming her for all of it...

6 minutes ago, The Coconut God said:

Some brief notes on today's episode:

• The celebration at Winterfell looked like a high school drama. "Are you thinking of fucking your girlfriend?" "My boyfriend is more popular than me... /cry" "Let's play drinking games!" "Are you a virgin? Hahaha!" "It's so warm in here, let me take my shirt off".

I thought the same, High school of thrones.

Archived