Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

Littlefinger's jet pack has been mass reproduced by the messengers of Westeros. Jaime and Sansa knew about Rhaegal dying 5 minutes after he got shot down! And I highly doubt it will take Jaime, a lone rider, an entire month to get to King's Landing from Winterfell next episode...

Good people of Westeros.org, There is something important that I have to tell you.

Oh, you're still here? I thought the scene would have cut to black by now. You know, like it constantly does on GoT whenever a character is supposed to reveal something important.

9 hours ago, The Coconut God said:

Some brief notes on today's episode:

• The celebration at Winterfell looked like a high school drama. "Are you thinking of fucking your girlfriend?" "My boyfriend is more popular than me... /cry" "Let's play drinking games!" "Are you a virgin? Hahaha!" "It's so warm in here, let me take my shirt off".

So much this!

Shows just how out their depth the writers are.

Can someone tell me who exactly we are supposed to be rooting for right now?

Obviously not Dany, Not Tyrion, Not Jaime, Not Cersei, Not fucking Sansa......I honestly have no idea...Jon? I understand he is a Male--is that really enough reason to want him to rule the 7 kingdoms until he dies? are there ANY other good qualities about him? I'm really fucking confused......

1 minute ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Can someone tell me who exactly we are supposed to be rooting for right now?

Obviously not Dany, Not Tyrion, Not Jaime, Not Cersei, Not fucking Sansa......I honestly have no idea...Jon? I understand he is a Male--is that really enough reason to want him to rule the 7 kingdoms until he dies? are there ANY other good qualities about him? I'm really fucking confused......

Arya and the Hound?  LOL.  The show seems to have gone out of its way to portray Jon as too dumb to rule, so I don't think we are supposed to be rooting for Jon, but it's hard given how terrible the show is to decipher the difference between what they write and what they want the audience to feel.  Sansa is a hateful POS, but the show seems to still think that this is the way a queen should act...Cersei with a dose of compassion, ugh. 

I'm still LMAO at Dany going to go insane in the space of 2 episodes.  

49 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Arya and the Hound?  LOL.  The show seems to have gone out of its way to portray Jon as too dumb to rule, so I don't think we are supposed to be rooting for Jon, but it's hard given how terrible the show is to decipher the difference between what they write and what they want the audience to feel.  Sansa is a hateful POS, but the show seems to still think that this is the way a queen should act...Cersei with a dose of compassion, ugh. 

I'm still LMAO at Dany going to go insane in the space of 2 episodes.  

Yeah I guess Arya and the Hound. The Hound will obvi Die fighting his brother.

But it is irking me very much that Arya has joined Sansa in the 'we hate Dany for no reason' camp.  I guess maybe D&D told arya off-screen that she should hate Dany, but didnt give a reason--then did the same thing to the viewing audience.

whatever, I hate this show. all the characters are dumb AF.

Seems like no one even cares enough to rant anymore, it is THAT BAD

7 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

But it is irking me very much that Arya has joined Sansa in the 'we hate Dany for no reason' camp.  I guess maybe D&D told arya off-screen that she should hate Dany, but didnt give a reason--then did the same thing to the viewing audience.

Of all the Starks, Arya is the world traveler.  Arya has seen and interacted with people all across Westeros and in Essos.  She has seen different religions, different forms of government, different cultural norms.  So, her disliking Dany because she's an outsider and not one of us is BS. 

Of course if I was a show apologist I could believe that Arya's FM skills allow her to see the darkness in Dany or how Dany is fooling herself about her own motives...but sadly, the writers are both too lazy and too Hollywood ever to set up something that deep.  To set up a real reason like that would take a few scenes of Arya and Dany together as well as very subtle writing...so, instead, she just dislikes her because the show wants her to and because  now it's been telegraphed that Dany will go mad.

8 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Evan bran appeared there even though he didn t seem to have an opinion.. 

Why wouldn t they given Danny a shot to prove herself? She has done only good things for them... 

11 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Why is Bronn believing Tyrion or Jaime have the power to give him High Garden at all?

I know right? 

Even worse than Dany blithely handing over Storm's End to Gendry. 

"Hey boy, yes you the dim witted looking one.  You're one of Robert's bastards right?"

"Err, yes, ma'am one of bout a hundred."

"Well just for shits and grins, you're lord of Storm's End.  Now be a good lord and run go get me a Starbucks."

"But mum, I'm just a blacksmith, I don't know nuthin about running a castle, much less a whole region."

"How hard could it be, look at me, I don't know shit, and I've done a great job ruling, everywhere I've been.  Now make sure you tell them grande, caramel macchiato and don't let them forget the whipped cream."

15 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

hey the north remembers....

They actually just changed that to "The North Re-Members".

Arya went off to Braavos to patent a new way of using the Faceless Men magic to replace people's genitals. They'll open up shops all over the North where eunuchs can come to get some replacement cocks. With all the influx of unsullied, even after the Great War, they're gonna make a fortune, more than Littlefinger ever did with his brothels! This is actually why Varys plans to betray Dany for the Starks. The cock joke at the start of the season was foreshadowing!

The words of House Stark will be extended to: "Winter is coming, why shouldn't you? Come get our state of the art treatment at a fair price!"

Hmm... is this too much? It's probably too much...

5 minutes ago, divica said:

Evan bran appeared there even though he didn t seem to have an opinion.. 

Why wouldn t they given Danny a shot to prove herself? She has done only good things for them... 

Like drag them into another war that they don’t want and right after they just defeated the NK and Winterfell is in shambles? Mad Aerys and Robert’s Rebellion decimated the Starks. When the Lannisters drug them into a war, it ruined all of their lives. Yeah, can't understand why they aren’t thrilled about that. Also, it's godless to them as the weirwoods are all cut down. The books and show are very clear. Bad things happen when Northerners go south. 

AGOT Catelyn II

"The Others take both of you," Ned muttered darkly. He turned away from them and went to the window. She did not speak, nor did the maester. They waited, quiet, while Eddard Stark said a silent farewell to the home he loved. When he turned away from the window at last, his voice was tired and full of melancholy, and moisture glittered faintly in the corners of his eyes. "My father went south once, to answer the summons of a king. He never came home again."

AGOT Eddard IV

"I should have thought that heat ill suits you Starks," Littlefinger said. "Here in the south, they say you are all made of ice, and melt when you ride below the Neck."

AGOT Eddard II

She saw at once that Ned had reached a very different conclusion. "The only truths I know are here. The south is a nest of adders I would do better to avoid."

AGOT Bran VI

"They're sad. Your lord brother will get no help from them, not where he's going. The old gods have no power in the south. The weirwoods there were all cut down, thousands of years ago. How can they watch your brother when they have no eyes?"

Not catching the Starbucks cup so incomprehensible given its placement and so many actors not noticing, that I have to think it's an intentional marker for all of the meta crap in that scene. 

Honestly for all Arya's superpowers I still find it incredibly jarring that she abandons the FM, killed the Waif, and there's no consequences for her. Apparently, they're very happy for someone to just fuck them over like that so long as they leave Braavos and use their services for self-serving purposes. 

43 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

I know right? 

Even worse than Dany blithely handing over Storm's End to Gendry. 

"Hey boy, yes you the dim witted looking one.  You're one of Robert's bastards right?"

"Err, yes, ma'am one of bout a hundred."

"Well just for shits and grins, you're lord of Storm's End.  Now be a good lord and run go get me a Starbucks."

"But mum, I'm just a blacksmith, I don't know nuthin about running a castle, much less a whole region."

"How hard could it be, look at me, I don't know shit, and I've done a great job ruling, everywhere I've been.  Now make sure you tell them grande, caramel macchiato and don't let them forget the whipped cream."

She picked the right guy to run to Starbucks for her. Jon must have told her how fast he can run.

Doesn't her un-bastarding him make the rightful heir to Robert's throne? Why would she just assume blind loyalty now she's given him a castle?

1 minute ago, Art Vandelay said:

She picked the right guy to run to Starbucks for her. Jon must have told her how fast he can run.

Doesn't her un-bastarding him make the rightful heir to Robert's throne? Why would she just assume blind loyalty now she's given him a castle?

ahahahahhaha, D&D are SO DUMB!!!

26 minutes ago, Ser Drewy said:

Honestly for all Arya's superpowers I still find it incredibly jarring that she abandons the FM, killed the Waif, and there's no consequences for her. Apparently, they're very happy for someone to just fuck them over like that so long as they leave Braavos and use their services for self-serving purposes. 

Yeah, if George ever bothers finishing the books, I am sure Arya in the aftermath of the Mercy chapter will be chased like hell by the Faceless Men, and her story won't have a happy ending.

33 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Like drag them into another war that they don’t want and right after they just defeated the NK and Winterfell is in shambles? Mad Aerys and Robert’s Rebellion decimated the Starks. When the Lannisters drug them into a war, it ruined all of their lives. Yeah, can't understand why they aren’t thrilled about that. Also, it's godless to them as the weirwoods are all cut down. The books and show are very clear. Bad things happen when Northerners go south. 

AGOT Catelyn II

"The Others take both of you," Ned muttered darkly. He turned away from them and went to the window. She did not speak, nor did the maester. They waited, quiet, while Eddard Stark said a silent farewell to the home he loved. When he turned away from the window at last, his voice was tired and full of melancholy, and moisture glittered faintly in the corners of his eyes. "My father went south once, to answer the summons of a king. He never came home again."

AGOT Eddard IV

"I should have thought that heat ill suits you Starks," Littlefinger said. "Here in the south, they say you are all made of ice, and melt when you ride below the Neck."

AGOT Eddard II

She saw at once that Ned had reached a very different conclusion. "The only truths I know are here. The south is a nest of adders I would do better to avoid."

AGOT Bran VI

"They're sad. Your lord brother will get no help from them, not where he's going. The old gods have no power in the south. The weirwoods there were all cut down, thousands of years ago. How can they watch your brother when they have no eyes?"

I think everyone can agree it is not a good time for another War, but there's only 2 episodes left so what can you do?

It's almost like D&D are having everyone on the show blame Dany for the fact that they are rushing their own ending........

Archived