Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

I haven't been on the forums in ages but plot holes and nonsensical plotlines this season have apparently compelled to come here so I can have an outlet to rant. How on Earth can D & D say with a straight face that "Dany forgot about the fleet". Really? They couldn't have come up with a better plot to kill one of the dragons and kidnap Missandei? I don't even think a university/college screenwriter would come up with that. 

I had so much more to say but honestly, I wonder whether I should be giving my energy to these two. 

1 hour ago, Queen‍‍‍‍‍‍ Alysanne‍‍™ said:

I haven't been on the forums in ages but plot holes and nonsensical plotlines this season have apparently compelled to come here so I can have an outlet to rant. How on Earth can D & D say with a straight face that "Dany forgot about the fleet". Really? They couldn't have come up with a better plot to kill one of the dragons and kidnap Missandei? I don't even think a university/college screenwriter would come up with that. 

I had so much more to say but honestly, I wonder whether I should be giving my energy to these two. 

Ironically, that's perfectly consistent with their utter cluelessness over strategy and tactics displayed by our 'heroes' over this season.

3 hours ago, Queen‍‍‍‍‍‍ Alysanne‍‍™ said:

And actually, she didn't.

https://preview.redd.it/378w9jvuttw21.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=ae2a1c548ca7c3faabbd8d93c0991425f1a032c3

Those two are so stupid they can't even keep things consistent even inside the same episode.

19 hours ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

I actually don't have a problem with the Olly character conceptually. Orphan whose parents were killed by wildings joins the NW and hates wildlings, could have been an interesting story.

The execution by D&D however, was so hamfisted and atrocious. And that's what's really been the problem with the show, since GRRM only shared with them the ending as concepts, and D&D are forced to actually execute by bringing those concepts to screen, they are utterly incapable of doing it well.

Olly was just there to thrill viewers who enjoyed seeing him being hanged.

Arya's line of "unfinished business?"  I'd bet real money she's gonna sneak into King's Landing during the battle and stab Cersei.  I'd even throw a few more bucks in on a bet the entire battle will just cease the moment she's dead, as if everyone is informed via their comm unit.

33 minutes ago, Dragons Are Real said:

Arya's line of "unfinished business?"  I'd bet real money she's gonna sneak into King's Landing during the battle and stab Cersei.  I'd even throw a few more bucks in on a bet the entire battle will just cease the moment she's dead, as if everyone is informed via their comm unit.

Sure, the only question is whose face is she going to use. Has to be someone dead and whose name she knows. Cool if it's feckin' Popeye after Jamie's done him in.

I simply cannot stomach Arya's faces - it's so ridiculous having tiny Arya becoming completely differently shaped people by donning a face.  Maybe the books will make her learning this skill palatable, but the show certainly hasn't for me and I just don't want to see this any more.  

it's going to be so funny if Bran is chosen as final ruler in the end, you think he'll act like he did to Meera?

"I am Branbot, I have no feelings, cannot compute human emotions.."

Then Varys will be like; "Keep me around for a month or 2 and I'll be plotting to kill you."

then Bronn will be like "Seeing as how your cunt-ass is in a wheelchair, I'll kill you unless you give me Highgarden."

then Sansa will be like "Ugh I hate you Bran! You're so pretty and boys like you so that means I HATE YOU!!!! WAHHHHH!"

then Arya will be like "Sansa is the smartest person in the universe, we should all listen to her."

then Tyrion will be like "I have a great idea!!! Let's all put big rocks in our pockets and walk into the Blackwater."

-Endscene-

11 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

it's going to be so funny if Bran is chosen as final ruler in the end,

An illuminated who admits himself that he is no longer really a human being, as a king, what a brilliant idea.

With Hodor as Maester of Transportation?

1 minute ago, Nowy Tends said:

An illuminated who admits himself that he is no longer really a human being, as a king, what a brilliant idea.

With Hodor as Maester of Transportation?

Doorman as a side job.

2 hours ago, Dragons Are Real said:

If all her soldiers just fell down it'd be the greatest shlock moment in TV history. 

2 hours ago, Dragons Are Real said:

as if everyone is informed via their comm unit.

Of course they are all on comm units. Westeros has Twitter and teleportation devices too. Why wouldn't they also have comm units?

18 hours ago, Mystical said:

Of course they are all on comm units. Westeros has Twitter and teleportation devices too. Why wouldn't they also have comm units?

The Wight Hunt established that dragons can fly at the speed of concorde, so presumably their ravens deliver message at the speed of the internet.

21 hours ago, Dragons Are Real said:

Would they really give Arya both Big Bad kills?

Archived